What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Coaching Issue

Special K

Coach
Last year and in the pre season Morris was massive on accountability. That has all gone out the window now. I don't know if he is gun shy because others are not playing NSW cup but he picks the same guys each week and plays the same style every week.

We need to go out and buy a fullback.

Sharkman

Juniors
I like Morris and he’s done, for the most part, an OK job with some average cattle, a fgd salary cap and plenty of injuries..plus the Xerri mess...plus COVID.

But there have been some glaring, very basic and obvious coaching blunders/ ineptitude throughout this season.

Tactically we’re not up to scratch.

We seem unable execute and or maintain a simple game plan. Against the Tigers we carved up Benji/ BJ/Nofo in the first half and never went left again in 2nd half.

Against the cows we did the same on the right side.

This weekend we failed to put continued pressure on a 1st game rookie, defending the same side as Jerome L, who is an atrocious defender.

It can’t be that hard, sitting up in the stands, to identify that a game plan is working or not, and to instruct the team to change it up or to hammer home the advantage.

Im a numpty and I can see it in the moment. How the fg can the coaching squad not?

bluefox68

Staff member
I like Morris and he’s done, for the most part, an OK job with some average cattle, a fgd salary cap and plenty of injuries..plus the Xerri mess...plus COVID.

But there have been some glaring, very basic and obvious coaching blunders/ ineptitude throughout this season.

We seem unable execute and or maintain a simple game plan. Against the Tigers we carved up Benji/ BJ/Nofo in the first half and never went left again in 2nd half.

This weekend we failed to put continued pressure on a 1st game rookie, defending the same side as Jerome L, who is an atrocious defender.

It can’t be that hard, sitting up in the stands, to identify that a game plan is working or not, and to instruct the team to change it up or to hammer home the advantage.

Im a numpty and I can see it in the moment. How the fg can the coaching squad not?
Could it be that we are so intent on sticking to our structures that we can’t budge...?!?

Honestly, we are being run by amateurs.

Coaches like Robinson, Bellamy, Bennett - they go to the NFL and EPL and LEARN stuff!!!!!

Apparently, we go to the Gymea Gorillas...

Version IV

Juniors
Could it be that we are so intent on sticking to our structures that we can’t budge...?!?

Honestly, we are being run by amateurs.

Coaches like Robinson, Bellamy, Bennett - they go to the NFL and EPL and LEARN stuff!!!!!

Apparently, we go to the Gymea Gorillas...

Morris is more NFI then NFL

bluefox68

Staff member

At least we HOPEFULLY won't be looking at Trent Barrett - seriously, KILL ME NOW!!! - he is apparently being looked at by Canterbury!

Quicksilver

Bench
Last year and in the pre season Morris was massive on accountability. That has all gone out the window now. I don't know if he is gun shy because others are not playing NSW cup but he picks the same guys each week and plays the same style every week.

We need to go out and buy a fullback.

the lack of reserve grade is a massive issue. Blokes need to step up a grade when they haven’t even been playing. It’s a huge ask.

Version IV

Juniors
At least we HOPEFULLY won't be looking at Trent Barrett - seriously, KILL ME NOW!!! - he is apparently being looked at by Canterbury!
Hope they sign him quick don't give us time to get him, that's all we would need.

I think we are waiting for Mary his the type of coach I can see us with, drags will make finals 2021 our board will believe it's due to Mary and not Flanno

Tiger Shark

Bench
the lack of reserve grade is a massive issue. Blokes need to step up a grade when they haven’t even been playing. It’s a huge ask.

Not only that players in the current 17 probably don't think their position is at risk because there's no one shooting the lights out for the Jets to put pressure on them.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wrong.

Just been reported that Flanno has taken over the attack with the Dragons in recent weeks.

He was the one pushing for Hunt to go to Hooker and their hooker to play at lock forward.

He actually said McInnes was the one pushing that

taipan

Referee
We're screwed by a reduced salary cap due to prior breech, and lost a lot of experience from 2019.

With the cattle we have and taking into account the cricket score of last week, we are in the 8 in terms of sharing that spot,I think Morris is a 6 out of 10 ATM.

Not playing at home like the Eels/Manly/Panthers for example hasn't helped our cause.Jubilee may as well be in Ubekistan, as we cannot get the passionate fan support, feel good at home support Woolooware generates.Would we have conceded 50+ there?I doubt it.

Marchad

Juniors
So...

Paul Green, anyone...?!?
No, he might of won a gf, but he got lucky. He hasn’t been able to rebuild a team and he hasn’t been able to keep good juniors and paid overs for a forward who was already at the club.

McLovin

Staff member
He has us running out the 2nd best attack in the league with arguably our best attacking player on the sidelines for the most part. He's promoted a stack of really good young players in his 1.5 seasons in charge with most developing quite well. Sure, he has his deficiencies but he's doing a passable job with a side that's working with a salary cap well below every other team in the comp.

Ads

First Grade
He has us running out the 2nd best attack in the league with arguably our best attacking player on the sidelines for the most part. He's promoted a stack of really good young players in his 1.5 seasons in charge with most developing quite well. Sure, he has his deficiencies but he's doing a passable job with a side that's working with a salary cap well below every other team in the comp.
Means nothing if we can’t defend against anyone half decent.

Latest posts