What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers vs Cowboys

franklin2323

Immortal
You're having a separate conversation to me. I'm not saying what Staines did was correct. I'm saying Fletcher is a mong for trying to talk tough at the kid publicly.

Where did he talk tough? He is more explaining why they went to the NRL with it rather than handle it in house which they normally would.

No where does it say he will be punished. No where does it say it was done intentionally
Just that they had to act

Players and Managers often get a say or proof read these before they are made public. If he was being a mong it wouldn't of been published

franklin2323

Immortal
Under normal circumstances they wouldn't be calling the club. He's a 19 year old who was likely plastered after celebrating his debut at a ridiculous time in the morning. It's perfectly understandable he didn't call the club. What's he going to say with lockjaw?

Mmmhmhmhhm!

Do you think every single player knows what is on the banned list of not?

So even without Corona restrictions they speak to the club before getting treatment

Adam MacDougall got 2 years for taking fertility drugs. So ignorance doesn't stop a ban.

It is a recurring issue so very likely his club medical history has the actual drug he takes. They call the hospital and is treated.

If this happened last year. He'd cop a fine and no one knows.. It is now a bigger issue because of Coronavirus possibly being at certain hospitals

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I took your comment as a medication error, i.e. giving them the wrong medication.

The rules (asada) are very strict and change at a moment's notice. Only doctors who specialize in sports science would be up on the current demands. (like a club doctor)

A register at and A and E department would have very little idea of what is allowed and not allowed.

Hence the importance of contacting the club doctors first.