What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

ChocOConnor

Juniors
McMoron in his presser staring he was told about Ellis.

Well I don’t why anyone thinks but the cunning snake is even more of a snake than we give him credit for.

See once he gets the boot all his mates will be saying he never got to sign who he wanted and they will point out this Ellis signing where he states a few times “I was told he (Ellis) has been sign”.
So here he is again playing everyone with the its basils fault not me I don’t know who we sign.

getsmarty

Immortal
remote.axd

TruSaint

Referee
Since Dean Pay has jumped (or was he pushed) at the Dogs, the NRL could extend its player loan dispensation to coaches. Loan Mary to them for the rest of the season.

I have to admit, hate the Dogs but do feel sorry for Pay.

Look at the fricken mess he inherited. The squad barring 1-2 players is one of the worst NRL first grade squads in recent memory. Add to their off field dramas, he was on a hiding from day dot.

Even with my sympathy for Pay, they bit the bullet and moved on. Problem for them is that it appears Barrett will be next in line. He is not what they need now.

I have to admit, hate the Dogs but do feel sorry for Pay.

Look at the fricken mess he inherited. The squad barring 1-2 players is one of the worst NRL first grade squads in recent memory. Add to their off field dramas, he was on a hiding from day dot.

Even with my sympathy for Pay, they bit the bullet and moved on. Problem for them is that it appears Barrett will be next in line. He is not what they need now.

No sympathy because imho he knew what he was walking into.

He got his numbers, got his job and then couldn’t even meet modest expectations.

That the two players went beserk up the coast showed the disrespect and slack attitude that permeated the side.

Him and his team took no responsibility for any of that. No leadership, no accountabilty.

He’s had his go and failed. Nothing to see.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
No sympathy because imho he knew what he was walking into.

He got his numbers, got his job and then couldn’t even meet modest expectations.

That the two players went beserk up the coast showed the disrespect and slack attitude that permeated the side.

Him and his team took no responsibility for any of that. No leadership, no accountabilty.

He’s had his go and failed. Nothing to see.

You're a tough judge, but that's OK. We all have differing views here.

And I see it differently in this case. The place was an absolute shithole, with the players he inherited he deserved a little more time. Cap issues, off field issues, loss of sponsors, all in the space of a very short time.

Unlike Mary, he didn't get 6/7 years. He didn't get 4/5 years. He got 1.5 years.

As Barrett will probably be the next "long" term appointment, they have just bandaged over the crap they are in.

redv13

Bench
You're a tough judge, but that's OK. We all have differing views here.

And I see it differently in this case. The place was an absolute shithole, with the players he inherited he deserved a little more time. Cap issues, off field issues, loss of sponsors, all in the space of a very short time.

Unlike Mary, he didn't get 6/7 years. He didn't get 4/5 years. He got 1.5 years.

As Barrett will probably be the next "long" term appointment, they have just bandaged over the crap they are in.
1: It’s the bulldogs so suck $hit.

2: I feel for Dean Pay. After the $hit show left behind by Hasler and Castle, Pay was always going to fail miserably with that roster and salary cap mess.

Let’s be honest, he had zero chance of success when you have a million dollar crock like Foran on the sidelines for 75% of the season, their heart and soul like Reynolds and JG moved on, Woods and Mbye moved on and all 4 still being paid to be at rival clubs!! Poor bloke would be sitting in the coaches box each game, white as a ghost like a stroke was about to drop him.

The gutless board ( Like ours really ) sent him head on into the fire with no tools and then he got chewed up and spat out. He’ll never get an nrl 1st grade head coaching gig again

TruSaint

Referee
1: It’s the bulldogs so suck $hit.

2: I feel for Dean Pay. After the $hit show left behind by Hasler and Castle, Pay was always going to fail miserably with that roster and salary cap mess.

Let’s be honest, he had zero chance of success when you have a million dollar crock like Foran on the sidelines for 75% of the season, their heart and soul like Reynolds and JG moved on, Woods and Mbye moved on and all 4 still being paid to be at rival clubs!! Poor bloke would be sitting in the coaches box each game, white as a ghost like a stroke was about to drop him.

The gutless board ( Like ours really ) sent him head on into the fire with no tools and then he got chewed up and spat out. He’ll never get an nrl 1st grade head coaching gig again

I think maybe you articulated my message better.

To be totally honest, I think Pay was blindsided by the board. He was made a stopgap measure with no real intent to give him a fair shake.

As a human, and not a Dogs fan, that pisses me off if true.

I believe Barrett is odd on to get the gig next year. If that's true, then the Dogs are dumber than I thought. He went to Manly, left dishing out on people and burning bridges, went BACK to penrith as assistant.

This is the comment he made re Manly when he left... I don't care if there is any merit in such a comment, it's totally self-centred.

Barrett said “I’d actually like to think I left them well-educated,".

Barrett's comments were later slammed online by the daughter of Bob Fulton, Kirstie Fulton took to Facebook and wrote “History will not be rewritten, no way. I sit back and watch and read people take credit for many things and it’s hard to digest at times because I know who has been and continues to be instrumental in driving a lot of the change behind the scenes but I won’t accept this at all. Is he kidding? His arrogance and ego nearly tore the place apart".[12][13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Barrett

I don’t disagree that the prospects looked bad, I just make the point that he knew that before he signed on.

I think he was never seen as a successful coach to take them up anywhere.

He needed to claim some credibility but he just couldn’t get to that level.

The two cretins hurt him, but as coach he should have known they were young skirt chasing tools. That was his job.

It was the Bulldogs worst nightmare.

If they are serious, they won’t allow these dickheads back under any circumstances.

FlameThrower

Bench
I don’t disagree that the prospects looked bad, I just make the point that he knew that before he signed on.

I think he was never seen as a successful coach to take them up anywhere.

He needed to claim some credibility but he just couldn’t get to that level.

The two cretins hurt him, but as coach he should have known they were young skirt chasing tools. That was his job.

It was the Bulldogs worst nightmare.

If they are serious, they won’t allow these dickheads back under any circumstances.
Crazy circumstances but Bulldogs did extend his contract too ..

blacksafake

First Grade
Does anyone else have a bad feeling that should we scrap into the semis we’ll be stuck with L plate for another season?
The board would & probably be justified in saying it was a successful season so they’d probably hold out for another year until Flanagan is available.
The way teams are losing players we may stumble into the semi’s.:weary:

Crush

Coach
Does anyone else have a bad feeling that should we scrap into the semis we’ll be stuck with L plate for another season?
The board would & probably be justified in saying it was a successful season so they’d probably hold out for another year until Flanagan is available.
I reckon if we make the 8 McGregor will see out his contract.
If we just miss the 8 McGregor will start next season as head coach but have to be winning games from early on or a caretaker may come in.
If we finish bottom 4 then I think McGregor won't be around next year at all.
On Flanagan, I doubt he will ever be head coach.

redv13

Bench
What a dilemma!! We cheered on every loss last year to 2nd last, the muppet survived. We started this year 0-4 with 2 embarrassing losses to NZ and the dogs. There was dancing in the streets when the emergency 1030am Tuesday board meeting was called and by 1230 that day we were reaching for the razor blades. The muppet survived again!! I think we’re stuck with this fool: He won’t walk and the board won’t pull the trigger.

hazzbeen

Bench
Mate if we make the semi he will stay and see out his contract .... They didn't sack him when we finished no where near it , so they won't sack him if we make it ...... Sad sad affair , that's why I was happy to see a good win last week , but I am hoping we don't make it ..... I've had enough of this bloke and seeing his head everywhere ......

Latest posts