What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Bulldogs

getsmarty

Immortal
team_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Updated
Presented By

24-hour warning: Round 10 v Bulldogs
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 17 Jul 2020, 03:00 PM

Korbin Sims and Jacob Host are the first two players to drop out of the initial 21-man squad.

Jordan Pereira (suspension) has been replaced in the team by Jason Saab otherwise.

Red V members and partners afforded entrance to attend WIN Stadium on Saturday afternoon are reminded to familiarise themselves with the Covid-19 safe protocols.

Amended NRL squad for Round 10 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jason Saab – sponsored by Baytek Construction
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System

Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness
19. Tristan Sailor
20. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Nutrition Station

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/07/17/nrl-team-round-10-v-bulldogs/

mickeylane

Bench
More pain for the Bulldogs we will put 30+ on them we are on a roll at least for the short term...combinations are slowly forming and Clune should be a little more confident after his kick trick shot last week..(that was Andrew Johns like) Dragons 34-12

ALSGI

Bench
More pain for the Bulldogs we will put 30+ on them we are on a roll at least for the short term...combinations are slowly forming and Clune should be a little more confident after his kick trick shot last week..(that was Andrew Johns like) Dragons 34-12
Slow down Mickey!
One good half against a depleted Manly doesn’t mean we’re on a roll.
Could be another outbreak of McVirus hits the squad and we lose 22-2 to these merkin bullgrubs like in round 4, only 7 weeks ago.
Hope you’re right though mate but..........

mickeylane

Bench
Slow down Mickey!
One good half against a depleted Manly doesn’t mean we’re on a roll.
Could be another outbreak of McVirus hits the squad and we lose 22-2 to these merkin bullgrubs like in round 4, only 7 weeks ago.
Hope you’re right though mate but..........
Honestly if that happens against a team that is in a more hapless position than the Sea Eagles were last week then seriously someone has to go this week...no excuses here if we don't put on a score against these guys..

Old Timer

Coach
Andrew Johns like you say FMD give me a break.
Tommy Bishop, Roger Millard and a bloke called Billy Smith were doing that and more back in the 60’s with a leather ball.

Belta

Juniors

Here’s hoping your right Mikeylane. I do believe our team is playing distinctly better but the doggies have a habit of lifting against us and seem to enjoy raining on our parade. Would love to see the boys put a big score on them, after the Rorters being beaten it would top off the weekend.

mickeylane

Bench
Tommy Bishop, Roger Millard and a bloke called Billy Smith were doing that and more back in the 60’s with a leather ball.
No disrespect but I don’t think Tommy bishop nor billy smith were executing “no look” kicks in the early 70s wasn’t even in the fore mind of any player at the time.. what Clune did last week was very skilful and if u look at the execution it was flawless and took amazing awareness to know that Norman would be trailing through..

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
No disrespect but I don’t think Tommy bishop nor billy smith were executing “no look” kicks in the early 70s wasn’t even in the fore mind of any player at the time.. what Clune did last week was very skilful and if u look at the execution it was flawless and took amazing awareness to know that Norman would be trailing through..
You are right, I have watched plenty of videos of the Dragons golden days and while its nice to romanticise the past, the fact is any CC standard team in 2020 would absolutely spank most teams back then without question.

mickeylane

Bench
I expect Seibold to go by the weekend...seriously turned the Broncos into the Titans....that's 2 NRL coaches potentially gone in a week ..

Old Timer

Coach
You’re correct they didn’t start doing it in the 70’s
They started in the 60’s
Bishop & Millward sheer genius and Billy was a good learner.

Smithy would often kick and make the ball spin backwards with Langlands flying through to score. Great accuracy between defenders.

I still feel a tingle up my spine when I think about it.

You are right, I have watched plenty of videos of the Dragons golden days and while its nice to romanticise the past, the fact is any CC standard team in 2020 would absolutely spank most teams back then without question.
Youre comparing 2 different games-but- if modern teams played under the rules from the old days-they would get annihilated.Remember-only 2 replacements and they had to have played in the Reserve grade game before it. Those teams had to have every-and i mean every player-play for 80 mins except for injuries. No current team could go remotely near that sort of performance. But under current rules-yes they would be spanked. Thats why comparing from one era to another is really a waste of time.Just enjoy what you see from each era
Secondly as to no look kicks-the 60's and 70's were full of no look and chip kicks.It was a favourite way of catching defence that was up too quick or a fullback out of position. So sad that we rarely see it used anymore but so happy to see it used against Manly.Billy Smith and Langlands thrived on that sort of play. Saw my first Saints game in 1960 so Ive seen a few of them. The modern game is great, but most people of my age still will always prefer the old game. So many free thinking players- there was no formula play then. Bobby Fulton,Dave Bolton etc were all prime examples of it.
I always think its what you grow up with that you love the best

getsmarty

Immortal
McGregor lauds Hunt-McInnes combination
  • NRL
    r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

A shift in positions for Ben Hunt (r) and Cameron McInnes has helped fuel the Dragons' NRL recovery.
    Coach Paul McGregor says shifting Ben Hunt to hooker is getting the best out of a St George Illawarra team he reckons have gone to a new level in the NRL.

Hunt will wear No.9 for the second straight game when the Dragons face Canterbury in Wollongong on Saturday, with captain Cameron McInnes to start again at lock, where he starred in last week's 34-4 rout of Manly - St George's biggest win in more than a year.

McGregor said the players who take up the biggest chunk of the Dragons payroll were behind their recovery since slumping to 0-4 when well beaten by the Bulldogs six weeks ago.

The coach staved off intense pressure around his own job and has since overseen three wins from the last five, leaving his side 11th and just two points outside the top eight.

"The big thing is our more experienced players and our higher-profile players are playing better consistently, and when they do that the young boys grow and your team becomes a team," McGregor said.

"That's what I've seen. Last week our better players were our ones that are getting paid well."

Chief among them were Hunt and McInnes in the revamped roles which McGregor believes have solved some former shortcomings.

Queensland representative Hunt had failed to fire in the halves before four games off the bench restored his influence.

"The combination them two guys have got at the moment really benefits everyone around them," McGregor said.

"That's the important thing because we've still got a lot of young middles that are learning the game.

"Cam ... well he's a machine isn't he? He changes from nine to 13 and he gets his 140m (run), his 20 supports and his 48 tackles.

"He was highly involved in our success and how we want to attack the game."

McGregor remains wary of how the Bulldogs will respond to the midweek exit of head coach Dean Pay.

"Obviously they weren't getting wins but I still thought they were playing hard footy for the coach that was there. Deano's a good mate of mine and I feel for him," he said.

"Now they've got a coach (caretaker Steve Georgallis) who's been the assistant coach there and they'll come to play."

STATS THAT MATTER

* The Bulldogs have won five of their six games against the Dragons at WIN Stadium.

* Matt Dufty, Zac Lomax and Mikaele Ravalawa have all scored six tries for the Dragons this season, while no Bulldogs player has scored more than two.

* The Bulldogs (18) and Dragons (20) have scored the fewest points in the opening 20 minutes of games this season.

Australian Associated Press
https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6838602/mcgregor-lauds-hunt-mcinnes-combination/?cs=7486

epDragon62

First Grade
It's unnerving to realise that the Dogs have kept us scoreless 3 out of the last 7 matches. :flushed:

I hope we don't show complacency today.

Latest posts