What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 General Gossip

Inkers75

Juniors
Hello fellow Bunnies.

Super League finally begins on 2nd August. 5 months since the last round of games commenced.

Listening to NRL games has been a joy whilst in lockdown here in the UK. It's been tough but hopefully light is at the end of the tunnel.

Also to LU in producing the weekly download magazine. Absolute joy to read. Thank you.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Hello fellow Bunnies.

Super League finally begins on 2nd August. 5 months since the last round of games commenced.

Listening to NRL games has been a joy whilst in lockdown here in the UK. It's been tough but hopefully light is at the end of the tunnel.

Also to LU in producing the weekly download magazine. Absolute joy to read. Thank you.
On ya mate. Keep away from those who sniffle or sneeze and rug up watch the footy. Hope you enjoy the game tomorrow night.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Hey fellow Rabbitohs, unsure where to put this (mods feel free to delete or point me in another direction) but I’m clearing out some of my Rabbitohs gear. Have a 100 year polo and home 2007 firepower jersey. Both are size small but fit larger. $45 for here set and $35 for polo.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Hey fellow Rabbitohs, unsure where to put this (mods feel free to delete or point me in another direction) but I’m clearing out some of my Rabbitohs gear. Have a 100 year polo and home 2007 firepower jersey. Both are size small but fit larger. $45 for here set and $35 for polo.
Potty they weren't XXXL. I'd get them.

Rabbits20

Immortal
How are things going over in NZ @callmack1? Hope you’re staying safe and Coronavirus is back under control again!

We seem to be having cases everyday in NSW but the numbers are under control for now, hopefully it stays that way.

One things for sure this is far from over and complacency is the big issue.

At least we’ve been able to get a good sized footy season in still even with just the 4-5 round less than usual. One things for sure and that’s in unprecedented times the footy and our beloved Bunnies brings us altogether keeping us occupied.

Personally I think V’Landy’s has done a superb job.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Sorry if this is the wrong thread Bunnies supporters but I hope some of your older supporters might be able to answer a question.

I know you guys have worn black or white shorts over the years but have you ever worn brown shorts, perhaps the late 60's or 70's. For some reason, don't ask why, but I seem to think you did for a short period of time.

Thanks in advance.

Travitoh

First Grade
Sorry if this is the wrong thread Bunnies supporters but I hope some of your older supporters might be able to answer a question.

I know you guys have worn black or white shorts over the years but have you ever worn brown shorts, perhaps the late 60's or 70's. For some reason, don't ask why, but I seem to think you did for a short period of time.

Thanks in advance.

I can't find anything at the moment that supports it but i feel i have seen images of Souths in brown shorts from before my time.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I can't find anything at the moment that supports it but i feel i have seen images of Souths in brown shorts from before my time.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in my early 60's and seem to recall it but hey, I've been wrong plenty of times before. I thought maybe some of your older supporter (and posters) such as Doyen may recall.

assess5

Juniors
I don't know if this correct but did Whayriearra Hardgrave's (?) avoid any sort of punishment for the high tackle incident he was put on report for?

assess5

Juniors
Yes, free to play next game.
He might have gotten a fine, not sure, but he's playing v Canberra

This happens every time, this guy is teflon, nothing ever sticks and he is the most viscous merkin in the NRL, he must be some sort of protected species.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Freddy Fittler- usually this blokes hates Souths because obviously he played for and coached the Roosters- said on Freddy and the Eighth which is a great show that the South Sydney Forwards are the biggest improvers in the whole comp ---- thoughts?
I reckon he's damn right. Our forwards got smashed early and we won the ruck in a game against the two time premiers (f+** the roosters) deserve every accolade they get

UP THE BUNNIES GET IT DONE TOMORROW NIGHT!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Freddy Fittler- usually this blokes hates Souths because obviously he played for and coached the Roosters- said on Freddy and the Eighth which is a great show that the South Sydney Forwards are the biggest improvers in the whole comp ---- thoughts?
I reckon he's damn right. Our forwards got smashed early and we won the ruck in a game against the two time premiers (f+** the roosters) deserve every accolade they get

UP THE BUNNIES GET IT DONE TOMORROW NIGHT!!
They certainly have been the most underrated pack. Underrated by the media, for sure. As I've said before, especially by that dope who pretends to be one who doesn't cross west of Anzac Pde - Peter Tunks on 2SM. He's STILL bagging them!

Sironen, basically could be classified as a rookie, came out of nowhere to cement a permanent spot a a starter. His cover defence has been terrific. He may actually be better than his brother.

Su'a underrated, nobody in the media counted him, now they are all talking about how when you are running the ball, you are keeping an eye out for him coming in to bonecrunch you. He'll be playing SOO for QLD.

Nobody was talking about Tom Burgess, saw him as the quietest of the brothers, and somewhat tainted by his twin brother's performance last season, and expecting him to be a carbon copy. This guy is a test match standard player.

Does anyone outside of Souths fans even talk about Tevita Tatola? Again, another international level forward who has represented Tonga, who now are no longer a minnow, but arguably ranked No.2 in the RL world.

Keaon Koloamatangi, a rookie, a Mascot Jet, has made a huge impact in his first year, and is still under 23 years of age, where guys his position don't impact until about 25-26 years of age. A future top level player.

Nicholls has done overs, Sele was there until he got injured, Mago didn't let us down, Cartwright might actually be a valuable utility edge foward/centre off the bench to cover injuries or other replacements in interchange.

Then we have TWO Kangaroos in the pack - Cook and Murray.
To think back, we had to choose between Murray and Crighton. Damn did we nail the choice!

Yeah, a very good pack, perfectly suited for playing under the New rule changes, quite young meaning they could be producing for years. The New rules mean you don't need to be 6'7 and 120kg to be a threat to opposition teams.

Most media didn't even know most of these guys were even playing RL. Now they do.

I look forward to watching these guys - AND Jai Arrow, a QLD SOO forward, for a few years to come

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
They certainly have been the most underrated pack. Underrated by the media, for sure. As I've said before, especially by that dope who pretends to be one who doesn't cross west of Anzac Pde - Peter Tunks on 2SM. He's STILL bagging them!

Sironen, basically could be classified as a rookie, came out of nowhere to cement a permanent spot a a starter. His cover defence has been terrific. He may actually be better than his brother.

Su'a underrated, nobody in the media counted him, now they are all talking about how when you are running the ball, you are keeping an eye out for him coming in to bonecrunch you. He'll be playing SOO for QLD.

Nobody was talking about Tom Burgess, saw him as the quietest of the brothers, and somewhat tainted by his twin brother's performance last season, and expecting him to be a carbon copy. This guy is a test match standard player.

Does anyone outside of Souths fans even talk about Tevita Tatola? Again, another international level forward who has represented Tonga, who now are no longer a minnow, but arguably ranked No.2 in the RL world.

Keaon Koloamatangi, a rookie, a Mascot Jet, has made a huge impact in his first year, and is still under 23 years of age, where guys his position don't impact until about 25-26 years of age. A future top level player.

Nicholls has done overs, Sele was there until he got injured, Mago didn't let us down, Cartwright might actually be a valuable utility edge foward/centre off the bench to cover injuries or other replacements in interchange.

Then we have TWO Kangaroos in the pack - Cook and Murray.
To think back, we had to choose between Murray and Crighton. Damn did we nail the choice!

Yeah, a very good pack, perfectly suited for playing under the New rule changes, quite young meaning they could be producing for years. The New rules mean you don't need to be 6'7 and 120kg to be a threat to opposition teams.

Most media didn't even know most of these guys were even playing RL. Now they do.

I look forward to watching these guys - AND Jai Arrow, a QLD SOO forward, for a few years to come

Agree. While i believe there is an argument for a lack of depth, the pack as a whole were underrated at the start of the season. Largely because the quality of the outs far outweighed the ins.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Agree. While i believe there is an argument for a lack of depth, the pack as a whole were underrated at the start of the season. Largely because the quality of the outs far outweighed the ins.
If the outs you mean Sam, GI, and Sutto- yes, this was the primary citation for Souths slipping in the rankings. Understandably so.

Having said that, the future still looks bright enough that we should be in the finals for the next couple of years. The question will be asked when we need to replace retiring Cody and Adam

Latest posts