What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
You're think he's good enough and young enough for a development contract somewhere.
He didn’t look particularly fast, agile or powerful and doesn’t seem to have too much in the way of ball skills. On top of that his defence is atrocious. He made Brad Parker look like Steve Renouf. I’m not surprised he hasn’t been picked up in a first grade squad.

Incorrect

Coach
Wasn't Parry's younger brother also at Parra in the junior reps? Seem to recall there were higher hopes for him than Ethan...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He didn’t look particularly fast, agile or powerful and doesn’t seem to have too much in the way of ball skills. On top of that his defence is atrocious. He made Brad Parker look like Steve Renouf. I’m not surprised he hasn’t been picked up in a first grade squad.
His initial contact in defence needed some work but he seemed very fast to me. Also has good height. He could bulk up and make a decent winger.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think he moves well and supports well. Also noticed his general awareness and focus is excellent. I think we will see him play some NRL soon.

Gronk

Staff member
I think he moves well and supports well. Also noticed his general awareness and focus is excellent. I think we will see him play some NRL soon.

Has Dunster been picked in the 21 squad yet ? George Jennings seems to be above him in the pecking order.

Soto

Bench
He isn't small like say Bevan French.
Not exactly small. Listed as 187cm and 90kgs.
The trials he played and the 1 nsw cup game he played was getting over the advantage line every run and massively improved from previous years.
His improvement catapulted him ahead of Parry who seemed to go backwards after debuting last year.
I think Dunster will be a good winger in years to come.
Will continue to fill out and has good speed.
From memory was also one of the very good trainers in the pre-season too

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
This made me laugh a bit from Malcolm Knox
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...g-to-show-how-thin-it-is-20200717-p55cyb.html

Those people who claim, with a slightly competitive smugness, that they're having a "good lockdown"? That's the NRL right now. The job is safe, the balance sheet is solid, the bills are getting paid, the family has stuck together, the health is holding up.

With an unconvincing show of sympathy, they observe that their neighbours are having a "bad lockdown". The AFL managed to restart, but its games are about as attractive as under-nines in which your own kid is not playing. The best way to describe this year's "brand" of AFL is to imagine 36 people inside a theatre, having heard the fire alarm, rushing from exit to exit to find each one locked. It's amusing for about five minutes and then just dull. On top of this, the AFL seems constantly reacting to something that has just happened, whereas the NRL has been a step ahead of that dastardly virus.
Other competitors barely rate. Soccer went AWOL, and when it got going, showing the effects of prolonged isolation in a dark room, couldn't seem to locate which altered state it was meant to be escaping into. Cricket went out in sympathy, wetting its bed because everyone else was wetting theirs. And poor old Super Rugby AU, cut off from NZ, has resembled a detached lizard's tail, still wriggling but not realising it has no life support system.

So the NRL has been telling itself. We're having a good lockdown, if there can be such a thing, and for us, there sure is.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not exactly small. Listed as 187cm and 90kgs.
The trials he played and the 1 nsw cup game he played was getting over the advantage line every run and massively improved from previous years.
His improvement catapulted him ahead of Parry who seemed to go backwards after debuting last year.
I think Dunster will be a good winger in years to come.
Will continue to fill out and has good speed.
From memory was also one of the very good trainers in the pre-season too

90kgs was the same over 12mths ago. I would guess he is abput 95kgs now

Latest posts