What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SL under threat?

jim_57

Staff member
Not a massive surpise I guess, most people expected it when the comp first got shutdown, the loss of gate taking was always going to hit Super League pretty hard.

In saying that hopefully most if not all clubs can pull through and bounce back, too early to bother speculating how it will all pan out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only 1/2 the clubs have come to a player pay agreement. Would have been better to have had a SL agreement for all clubs surely?

deluded pom?

Coach
Only 1/2 the clubs have come to a player pay agreement. Would have been better to have had a SL agreement for all clubs surely?
Apparently there is some sabre rattling going on with one player calling on the unhappy players to strike!

deluded pom?

Coach
If I were Argyle I’d walk. The incompetents in British RL either don’t want TWP in the league or don’t have a clue how to facilitate them. Take your money and run away as fast as you can from British RL if you have any sense David.

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBF would anyone notice if he did? The whole Toronto set up is a pack of cards with no substance behind it. They make PSG look like a foundation club lol. even AFL has a bigger grassroots in Toronto than RL has!

deluded pom?

Coach
TBF would anyone notice if he did? The whole Toronto set up is a pack of cards with no substance behind it. They make PSG look like a foundation club lol. even AFL has a bigger grassroots in Toronto than RL has!
Well Hudgell would notice straight away if TWP were replaced by another English club. Less share of the Sky money for one. They’ve also managed to get bigger attendances than your team can manage even after a hundred years start. No self protection in those views seeing as your team would benefit if TWP walked? TWP have lasted longer than PSG did and they played in an established RL nation. You’re another muppet who expects a grassroots Canadian system to magically appear overnight. We’d be better going down the one club one city/town route.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
If I were Argyle I’d walk. The incompetents in British RL either don’t want TWP in the league or don’t have a clue how to facilitate them. Take your money and run away as fast as you can from British RL if you have any sense David.

I’m not really sure how this is a RL issue. How much clout does the RFL have at the home office?
The worlds in disarray I should have had a citizenship test here in March, my parents birth certificates have been stuck with HM passport office for months as they were needed for my sons passport application.
I imagine the government is about as interested in a Canadian rugby league team as they are my issues.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many players are Melbourne producing?

3500 registered players. Is there 35 in Toronto?
The whole thing is based on one bloke putting sht load of money in for god knows how long. I genuinely hope it builds and turns out to be sustainable but it’s looks sketchy as hell at the moment.

deluded pom?

Coach
I’m not really sure how this is a RL issue. How much clout does the RFL have at the home office?
The worlds in disarray I should have had a citizenship test here in March, my parents birth certificates have been stuck with HM passport office for months as they were needed for my sons passport application.
I imagine the government is about as interested in a Canadian rugby league team as they are my issues.
It’s isn’t just a recent thing. It was an issue pre covid but too many people are dragging their heels.