What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone heard this story before?

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Ask Laurie Daley.

He trailed pre season with the Steelers, before signing with the Raiders. Steelers told him he was too slightly built and not ready for the big league. Told him to go back and play one more year of Country league, then try out again the next year. Signed with Raiders instead, and the rest....well you know.....
Exactly the same thing happened to Steve Rogers. Saints told him to play one more year in the bush when he trialed because his father was a big saints supporter . He signed with Cronulla a week later

hazzbeen

Bench
Anyone hear this story : one of my favourites ....... A couple come to the boarder , sign reads no pets allowed , the wife panics .... " What will we do " the husband says " Don't worry I'll put the snake in my trousers , you put the skunk in your pants ..... She says " What about the smell " and he says , "Well if it dies it dies "........ Boom Boom :)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Exactly the same thing happened to Steve Rogers. Saints told him to play one more year in the bush when he trialed because his father was a big saints supporter . He signed with Cronulla a week later
It’s okay.. Illawarra saved the day once again
Ec3IqupVcAUwK7C.jpg

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Had Saints signed Steve Rogers as an 18 year old, two more premierships to the record I reckon. Had Steelers signed Laurie Daley as an 18 year old big chance they may have won a stand alone premiership or two, the same way Andrew Johns led Newcastle to a couple. I'm pretty sure the three of them hit first grade as 18 year olds and carved it from the get go

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Daley may have inspired them, Steelers had some good players around the early nineties. They pushed us to the end in 92 when we made the grand final against the Broncos in a semi ,3 to 2 the score was I think. They also beat the donkeys in a midweek final around that time

redv13

Bench
Daley may have inspired them, Steelers had some good players around the early nineties. They pushed us to the end in 92 when we made the grand final against the Broncos in a semi ,3 to 2 the score was I think. They also beat the donkeys in a midweek final around that time
StGeorge 4 Illawarra 0. Saints beat Newcastle 3-2 the week before courtesy of a Peter Coyne field goal

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Ask Laurie Daley.

He trailed pre season with the Steelers, before signing with the Raiders. Steelers told him he was too slightly built and not ready for the big league. Told him to go back and play one more year of Country league, then try out again the next year. Signed with Raiders instead, and the rest....well you know.....

I heard a story that Daley signed to switch to Saints at some point but had second thoughts and Saints released him from the obligation