What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Raiders @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 10: Roosters v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 10
Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park
Thursday 16 July 2020

Kickoff 7:50pm - Nine/9Now, Fox/Kayo

TL-SYD20a.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Matt Ikuvalu 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Nat Butcher
Interchange: 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Sitili Tupouniua 16. Mitchell Aubusson 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Poasa Faamausili 19. Ryan Hall 20. Isaac Liu 21. Drew Hutchison

TL-CAN20a.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Michael Oldfield 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Siliva Havili 10. Dunamis Lui 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine
Interchange: 14. Tom Starling 15. Kai O'Donnell 16. Ryan Sutton 17. Curtis Scott 18. Matt Frawley 19. Darby Medlyn 20. Sam Williams 21. Semi Valemi

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Todd Smith
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking forward to this match. We have our known injuries but, with Canberra losing Hodgson, that is a significant blow to them. It makes for a very interesting encounter indeed, given how desperate they would be to get back on track and into the winners' circle again.

I am sure the boys will be very keen to win this game, so they can lay a solid platform to head into several weeks of relatively 'easier' matches and, very importantly, some longer turnarounds leading into them.

Warnecke

Juniors
Heading out there tomorrow night! Can't wait to watch a game of footy live again, let alone an Easts game but in back of my mind, a bit worried about how long we will be playing down here, if at all, in the next couple of months. Should be a great game but one I think we should win by a about 10+. IN EASTS WE TRUST!

Raiders still dirty on GF result so expect a contest. I reckon BMoz will be rested as there’s still a groin issue and Friend has to pass concussion protocols.

Match preview from the club:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/07/15/match-preview--roosters-v-raiders/

Squad update from the club:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/07/15/squad-update--round-10/

Nat Butcher is out after sustaining a minor training injury.

Isaac Liu is playing at lock, while the 'Silly Farmer' and Ryan Hall are the two remaining reserves. Brett Morris is still there.

UPDATED SQUAD
1. James Tedesco
2. Matt Ikuvalu
3. Josh Morris
4. Joseph Manu
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend (c)
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Angus Crichton
20. Isaac Liu
INTERCHANGE
14. Lachlan Lam
15. Sitili Tupouniua
16. Mitchell Aubusson
17. Lindsay Collins
RESERVES
18. Poasa Faamausili
19. Ryan Hall

KEY MATCH-UPS
  • James Tedesco v Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

• Luke Keary v Jack Wighton

• Kyle Flanagan v George Williams

• Josh Papalii v Siosiua Taukeiaho

There are a few concerns I have about tonight.

1. I hope Luke stays safe and doesn't cop a head knock.

2. I am not certain of this, but I think we can sometimes struggle under a game officiated by Gerard Sutton.

3. I hope Isaac Liu is not coming back prematurely.

4. Nothing has been said about Brett Morris. I wonder if he will actually end up playing. My suspicion is that Ryan Hall will come back in an hour before kick off when the squad gets finalised.

It is game day ladies and gentlemen. Fire up you Roosters!

Heading out there tomorrow night! Can't wait to watch a game of footy live again, let alone an Easts game but in back of my mind, a bit worried about how long we will be playing down here, if at all, in the next couple of months. Should be a great game but one I think we should win by a about 10+. IN EASTS WE TRUST!
Good stuff, enjoy it mate. I am a member, and would have been able to go, but won't be going tonight, as I am still playing it safe with the isolation and social distancing.

Make the most of it, and perhaps the game against the Warriors at Gosford as well, as I somehow don't think you will get too many more opportunities to see live NRL footy in the forseeable future unfortunately.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Good stuff, enjoy it mate. I am a member, and would have been able to go, but won't be going tonight, as I am still playing it safe with the isolation and social distancing.

Make the most of it, and perhaps the game against the Warriors at Gosford as well, as I somehow don't think you will get too many more opportunities to see live NRL footy in the forseeable future unfortunately.

Yep I'm the same, could have gone tonight but just waiting to see what happens, if we don't go into another lock down or have the team's relocated to QLD I may consider going to the Titans game on the 1st August but at the moment happy to watch the game from home.

taste2taste

Juniors
Lindsey Collins might be a bit nervous at today's video session :[]

2 turnovers and let Papalli run past him to win the game, all in the space of 5 minutes.

Valheru

Coach
Lindsey Collins might be a bit nervous at today's video session :[]

2 turnovers and let Papalli run past him to win the game, all in the space of 5 minutes.

I would like to see the wide shot of that play. That was beyond shit defence, something else was happening. Teddy was nowhere near position either so not sure if they were looking at something in the play the ball.

I think Collins has come along very well lately but bench is his position for now. We were too big in the middle last night with JWH, SST and Collins starting with not much size on the bench.

JWH and SST starting with Liu or Butcher (who i know was unavailable) at lock with Collins and Liu/Butcher and sitilli on the bench looks far more balanced.

Yes, it was a very disappointing night all round. I'm still trying to get over it TBH!

We put up such an un-Rooster like performance. By the same token, we didn't play terribly by any means (and that was the maintream view of the biased media as well). We played terribly according to our lofty standards and that is fine. This comment is supported by the narrow margin we lost by, and the fact that the result could have easily gone the other way.

Anyway, back to the drawing board this week. Robbo will have the boys ready with the right attitude against the Warriors next Saturday. We cannot be under any false illusions that we will be up for and win every single game during any given season. That will never eventuate, no matter how good we might be or think we are. I am quietly confident that we will rebound next week.

In terms of our injuries, I am disappointed that Angus is going to miss six to eight weeks with that moderate grade MCL. I did think he was a chance to play at lock. I definitely now believe that Liu should slot in there. I don't think Nat is the right fit.

In Robbo we trust.

Red, White and Bluesters