What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Valheru

Coach
I said in the bateman thread that I have to just remove myself from these comings and goings because getting caught up in player movement is a mugs game

But this one I'm a little salty about.

This one does seem a bit odd.

Surely the raiders offered him something reasonable?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
The money is barley better when you factor in tax and cost of living. He must just really want to be in Sydney or play centre. I think its a dumb move and one he is going to regret.

skeepe

Immortal
This one does seem a bit odd.

Surely the raiders offered him something reasonable?

Apparently in the region of 600k per season, which is around what the top players in his position earn.

Anyway, shit happens. Disappointed, but that’s life. The “bred not bought” Bulldogs need spine players but blew their wad on a winger. That’s life.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Wow Cotric you absolute dolt.

Total career suicide. Enjoy taking passes from Lachlan Lewis.

Some of these players are absolute loons. Money obsessed above all else; not withstanding the fact that he'd be earning millions at Canberra anyway.

As for the Dogs, lol @ spending huge money on an outside back. Yes, that'll solve all your problems.

Yeah shouldve gone to the rooters for a pie and coke.

nick87

Coach
Classic bulldogs... paying over market for outside backs who wont sniff success with their spine.
I'm not thrilled about losing Cotric but im not big on paying wingers that sort of money.

Good luck Nick. I suspect he'll live to regret this, the extra 100k he's getting probably wont look as nice when he's not playing rep footy (and the money that goes with it) because his halves are terrible and the higher cost of living in sydney.

McNulty

Juniors

Some of these players are absolute loons. Money obsessed above all else; not withstanding the fact that he'd be earning millions at Canberra anyway.

As for the Dogs, lol @ spending huge money on an outside back. Yes, that'll solve all your problems.
600k a year for a centre?

Is that overs these days?

ouwet

Bench

huge money? Is 600K for a state of origin player who is gonna play centre huge?

If anything it's unders!

A gun forward (Thompson) and a gun outside back both bought on a contract which is no where near overs!

Bulldogs are building...

McNulty

Juniors
Apparently in the region of 600k per season, which is around what the top players in his position earn.

Anyway, shit happens. Disappointed, but that’s life. The “bred not bought” Bulldogs need spine players but blew their wad on a winger. That’s life.
You know someone is salty when they pull out the old bred not bought. haha

Either way we've made 2 very good signings and we have $3m per year to play with, That pouts us at $2.4m to go.

Whilst we are shopping in Canberra, how long has Wighton got to go on his contract?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Its overs for an unproven centre. But the dogs are loaded and have to take risks given the position they are in. I don't think its a bad move from them, more that its a bad move for Cotric.

canberra blowing a clunk of money on that piece of shit Scott just continues to hurt
Scotts actually not that much this year and next. Melb are covering a good chunk of his salary. Just needs to improve before 2022 when we will be covering full freight.

shear_joy9

Coach
Scotts actually not that much this year and next. Melb are covering a good chunk of his salary. Just needs to improve before 2022 when we will be covering full freight.

I would equal out what Canberra are paying the tigers to take BJ and Melb paying Scott

nick87

Coach
at $600-$650k per season its actually not that bad a deal by the bulldogs.

Let's talk about that in 2 years when he's spent nearly 2 full seasons catching colds outside of Lachlin f**king Lewis :D
He can play wing, centre, fullback, or f**king front row for all it will matter unless the bulldogs can figure out how to find a coach, two halves, a hooker and a fullback

But yeah 650k for a winger... that'll solve your problems.

shear_joy9

Coach
Let's talk about that in 2 years when he's spent nearly 2 full seasons catching colds outside of Lachlin f**king Lewis :D
He can play wing, centre, fullback, or f**king front row for all it will matter unless the bulldogs can figure out how to find a coach, two halves, a hooker and a fullback

compared to their recent signings it's probably their best in years. Cotric is a gun. If you have the money lying around, $600k for a 21 year old rep back is good business.

It's a f**king terrible decision by Cotric though

ouwet

Bench

You mean Burton right? Thanks Trent ;)