What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealing with Cats

horrie hastings

First Grade
Lol at the merkin leaving food on the roof of his car!

And if you're not exaggerating about the lady with 30+ cats, that's insane. Like seriously, not mentally well....

Yep not exaggerating about the number of cats the crazy cat woman has, you see them out in the lane way, on the road,on her roof, quite often she has her side gate open and they are everywhere in her backyard. Often you see boxes of cat food being delivered to her front door, yes there must be a mental illness there.
As for the guy in our unit block, he has two cats himself but has said he wants to feed the other cats in the area, we had an old fence so he would take a couple of palings off so the cats would have a salon passage onto the property, have a new fence now but the cats can come quite easily in through our front and side fence at the front, i have noticed a few ginger cats from down the road come in for the food but its mainly the magpies that eat it of his car roof, everyone one else in the block throw the cat food out when they see it laying around, this guy is pretty mental himself, he is a hoarder and has so much rubbish in his unit and is absolutely filthy.

Took this pic coming home one night with some of the cats in the lane way.

Cats in lane 1.JPG

Silent Knight

First Grade
tenor.gif

horrie hastings

First Grade
GEEEEZUS!!!

And I thought I had a cat problem!!!!!!

Can you imagine stumbling your way home after a huge night on the p!ss... turn the corner into your street and see that......

It's funny, we saw the other day three cats on the roof of a house across the road and they then disappeared into a hole in the roof, we don't pacticurly like the person across the road so haven't said anything to them. Luckily the house with cats is about 6 houses down so even though we get a few cats in the yard from there they are not to bad compared to people living closer, I'm more worried about when driving down the street that one of the cats are going to dart out across the road. It's a shame, sometimes when I'm at the bus stop there is one cat that is from that house hold but seems to be by itself a lot in the adjoining car park and it is a beautiful looking tortoise shell cat, seems friendly , unlike a lot of the other cats which are skittish and just run away when any one gets close.

horrie hastings

First Grade
@horrie hastings I would call the RSPCA about that cat lady plus you could probably have her sectioned and/or complain about the health hazard both to herself and to the neighbours who have to live with 40-50 cats' worth of piss and shit in their gardens.

Cat poo is not to be tolerated, you can catch Toxoplasmosis from it, let alone the neighbourhood kids.

They have been contacted and seem uninterested as is the Inner West Council. It's funny though about every 12 months or so the number of cats seem to go down so not sure whether the RSPCA or some other organisation come in and take some of the cats, then a couple of months later the cat numbers seem to increase again and a the younger looking cats look to be pregnant.

bileduct

Coach
Yep not exaggerating about the number of cats the crazy cat woman has, you see them out in the lane way, on the road,on her roof, quite often she has her side gate open and they are everywhere in her backyard. Often you see boxes of cat food being delivered to her front door, yes there must be a mental illness there.
As for the guy in our unit block, he has two cats himself but has said he wants to feed the other cats in the area, we had an old fence so he would take a couple of palings off so the cats would have a salon passage onto the property, have a new fence now but the cats can come quite easily in through our front and side fence at the front, i have noticed a few ginger cats from down the road come in for the food but its mainly the magpies that eat it of his car roof, everyone one else in the block throw the cat food out when they see it laying around, this guy is pretty mental himself, he is a hoarder and has so much rubbish in his unit and is absolutely filthy.

Took this pic coming home one night with some of the cats in the lane way.

View attachment 40018
Holy shit!!!

Dude, that woman has toxoplasmosis for sure.

They have been contacted and seem uninterested as is the Inner West Council. It's funny though about every 12 months or so the number of cats seem to go down so not sure whether the RSPCA or some other organisation come in and take some of the cats, then a couple of months later the cat numbers seem to increase again and a the younger looking cats look to be pregnant.

Bait and trap the merkins and leave them on councils doorstep

blue bags

First Grade
Bait and trap the merkins and leave them on councils doorstep
thats right, if there on your property, your entitled to live trap them , then take to a local cat society, vet, council organisation , they get desexed, then fostered out, or adopted, or put to sleep

buy the live traps for about $35 , bigger ones are more, a can of tuna, you'll catch 1 every night, garrenteed, more if you have multiple traps. trap sellers are everywhere, in and around the suburbs, there is a seller on princess highway, sydnham
images
images

horrie hastings

First Grade
Holy shit!!!

Dude, that woman has toxoplasmosis for sure.

Lol, it's funny the house from the outside looks spotless, not like a place where someone hordes cats.
Edit, just as I was typing this she came into the shop and I served her, actually nicely dressed and groomed so I don't know what her story is.

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
some council rules are, all cats have a curfvier , must be inside by say 6pm, not allowed out at night, and then most councils dont give a shit
i seen reports , that over 7 million, kills a day by feral , domesticated cats in Australia , on anything that moves. birds, natives, lizards, marsupials, cats are decimating the local natives, a feral cat is pure evil. serves no purpose , but to kill, there should be no feral cats anywhere , but we cant control them, same with fox, both introduced species

myrrh ken

First Grade
Sprinkle yard with coffee grounds or chilli powder. That stopped our garden getting cat shitted in.

Citrus or eucalyptus oil infused water in a couple of super soakers sounds like fun too

Dunno if those ultrasonic speaker things work but you can get them pretty cheap

horrie hastings

First Grade
i seen reports , that over 7 million, kills a day by feral , domesticated cats in Australia , on anything that moves. birds, natives, lizards, marsupials, cats are decimating the local natives, a feral cat is pure evil. serves no purpose , but to kill, there should be no feral cats anywhere , but we cant control them, same with fox, both introduced species

So many introduced species here, rabbits which have just about wiped out bilby and bandicoot populations, feral cats and even dogs, pigs, horses that are destroying the Snowy Mountains fauna,cane toads, carp, tilapia ,and redfin destroying our waterways and so many invasive plants introduced taking over bush lands , funny though it all comes back to one common denominator , man who introduced them all.

horrie hastings

First Grade
thats right, if there on your property, your entitled to live trap them , then take to a local cat society, vet, council organisation , they get desexed, then fostered out, or adopted, or put to sleep

buy the live traps for about $35 , bigger ones are more, a can of tuna, you'll catch 1 every night, garrenteed, more if you have multiple traps. trap sellers are everywhere, in and around the suburbs, there is a seller on princess highway, sydnham
images
images

That second one is a mean looking bugger, a cat on steroids or as San Souci Sainter said, it looks like a Lynx or Puma, i wouldn't like to be handling that cage.

Last edited:
There are rescue organizations like “The mini kitty commune” that will help out with this sort of thing. If you contact them and tell them you have a bunch of cats nearby, they will send a group out to trap them.
They’ll rehome any kittens or cats in the group that aren’t feral and they’ll have the ferals de-sexed.
They re-release the de-sexed ferals but they’ll also send someone around regularly to feed the group and monitor. I know it’s not an immediate fix but in the long term it’s the best way to deal with them.

I’ve just spent 2 days “cat-proofing” all fencelines and access points that I see. Along with deterrents in soil beds. Also includes bird spikes on the back of my shed roof - as they jump from the neighbours shed over the fence.

cost a bit, will see if it works. If I hear any scrapping again it’s straight to the council on Monday for some trappin’

I’ve just spent 2 days “cat-proofing” all fencelines and access points that I see. Along with deterrents in soil beds. Also includes bird spikes on the back of my shed roof - as they jump from the neighbours shed over the fence.

cost a bit, will see if it works. If I hear any scrapping again it’s straight to the council on Monday for some trappin’

Im still in favour of young Rufus from the pound;

6F7C8465-C31E-4153-AA49-5EEA047FCBA7.jpeg
It’s a “natural” solution to the problem and he’d love the pool. Then again, he’d have to try to get me out of it!