What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Broncos @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vozzy

Juniors
Sometimes wins like this can have an opposite effect on next week's game but I think the fact they were pumped after conceding 0 was the turning point more than the 48. They totally have learnt from the cowboys game.

The thing is they are learning as a squad. There are no more excuses. If Twal is fit this week surely Brooks doesn't have a bench spot.

Tigerm

First Grade
Really good win, you could tell from both teams opening sets we were up for it a lot more then them. Our pack was excellent, Packer played his best game since early 2018, Aloiai continues his rise to a premium prop and even Eisenhuth has been great since Twal went down.

Not getting carried away as Brisbane were below nsw cup standard, just impressed that we played for the 80 and took pride in the defensive line late in the game.

For the first time in forever no injuries or citings from a game. Twal back next week but not sure who for, maybe McQueen?
Agree re: McQueen, unfortunately he isn't getting enough footy to see if he still has it. So Twal will prob replace him as soon as he is fit.
Also think BJ is prob better in some aspects of his game over Lawrence, but Lawrence give hi all, all the time. So imo, BJ will have to fight his way back in.
I think the whole FR unit, is great, Packer being the old head leading the way. So Musgrove is no certainty to get back either.

But the one thing we now have, is if you don't put in, you wont be there next time.

Last edited:
Its the best feeling watching the highlights reel knowing that there is zero highlight for the opposing side. One happy moment after the other.

I can only conclude that right now, our factory side is having a red hot go and I’m proud of each player and their effort last night.

There was some sharp footy thinking last night, rapid response to scoring opportunities for the full 80. That made them very dangerous and almost impossible to predict and contain.

If we bring that game each week, we will run with the pack into the finals and take our place with the uber elite who are chock full of reps etc.

Don’t sweat selections, last night showed that almost every factory player can be supercharged.

gordsy

Juniors
Dogs have signed Cotric for three years on 600g a year. People are saying it is crazy money, but when you see what we are paying Grub and Packer to me it’s not excessive.
Anyway he would have looked good in our backline

It's not stupid money but it's not a smart signing either. For too long we signed players, coaches and other staff on the basis of not being as shit as the last guy. Finally we are getting away from that.

Tigerm

First Grade
It's not stupid money but it's not a smart signing either. For too long we signed players, coaches and other staff on the basis of not being as shit as the last guy. Finally we are getting away from that.
Agree, but thats the sort of money required these days. You just gota hope he delivers.

I've got a feeling that we are going to get this from Packer now.

“I refuse to watch this pile of shit..blah blah“
He must be telepathic

He’s very harsh.

I think he intimated recently that the only poor performance he would accept was after the grand final on the proviso that we win.

He beats me up every now and again on-line and I take my medicine and we both move along.

There’s that saying that you can’t choose family I guess.

Last edited:

Trollhammaren

Juniors
How good is it to get a win on a Friday eve! Sets up your weekend nicely.

From memory, that's our third time we've kept a team scoreless in WT history. Beat the Panthers 20-0, Raiders 40-0 about eight years back and now this. Granted, the opposition was awful. However, they were having a crack at us in the final 20 mins and our defence really stood up.

Credit to Packer for really playing well. Aloiai was a standout too. Although Benji, Grant, and Walters will get the accolades, the whole team played well.

Hopefully sets up our run home to the finals. Let's beat those Eels eh!

Tigerm

First Grade
Broncos were never in that from the moment they pulled their jerseys on...I've never seen a more disinterested team run onto a football field. Even after losing as a team 48-0 there's three of them sitting side by side doodling on their phones. ..a year and a half in that's on Seibold 100%....the same year and a half in, the starch in.our club is also on Madge 100%....polar opposite transformations...we'll get better ...the Broncs will get worse before they see daylight again under seibold
you must be my vintage, with memory loss, we’ve been there many times :joy::joy:

Legion

Juniors
Seibs looked totally stumped at the press conference. They are ruthless up there.

Some teams and coaches just don’t gel. He just can’t get through to them. He’s trying his best. He did a lot to get his dream job up there.

I think we take a more sophisticated view of the footy.

Madge has been given some space and he knows that. We never expected miracles. Not with our ugly starless lot. Ninth is the bar.

So we enjoy good wins and take the losses like men should. Hopefully learn and get better. But we don’t have endless patience either!

Seibs is a good coach, at the wrong club, at the wrong time for the wrong reasons.

If Madge was coaching the broncs, most of their players tonight wouldn’t get a game next week. He’d shoot them on sight.
As much as I dislike the Donkeys and despite my delight that we played as a cohesive team and held them to zero, I almost felt a bit sorry for Seibold; that press conference was a bit hard to watch.

When asked what he would say to the team he said there's not much that he could say.
Poor bugger looked at a complete loss.
He's got something like 15 players out injured atm so he has few options.
It appears that many of the Bronco players don't want to be there.

Their worst performers are their most experienced; Boyd, Milford, Luke and Oates. It's as if they're all suffering from Idon'tgiveaf**kitis.
Since the Bulldogs and Titans actually have a crack, the Donkeys deserve the wooden spoon this year. That would be hilarious.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Seibold. Sacking him would be a huge mistake so I hope they do, lol.

Signing a coach straight up on a 5-year deal is risky until one sees how good a fit he is to the club.
Madge has shown us enough to now lock him in for 5 years. A few clubs are looking for a decent coach so securing him now is imperative.
Not that I expect him to shit on us like Ivan Cleary did. From what I can tell, Madge has more integrity than that dickhead.

Legion

Juniors
As much as I enjoyed last nights win and that we played solid, I think our club needs to be very wary with that win.
That win said a lot more about the state of our opposition than it did us. When you look at all of our tries, the vast majority of them were due to the most pathetic, lazy attempts in defence I have seen from a first grade side in a long time. We can only beat what is in front of us but we need to keep in mind that the Broncos would have been flat out beating any team last night.
It was bloody great to see the boys firing in Leichardt though :)
Yes, the Donkeys were a real laugh last night, but, the highlight for me was that we kept them to zero.
Far too often teams that are way in front will take the foot of the pedal with ten minutes remaining and allow in a couple of soft tries.

We've had issues ourselves with not playing the full 80 minutes with intensity but last night our boys showed how important it was to them to keep the Donkeys out.
This is Madges doing, instilling pride in wearing the West Tigers jumper.
Madge is a keeper and why we need to lock him in for the next five years now.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
He's got something like 15 players out injured atm so he has few options.

Sorry, but what 15 NRL-standard players were Brisbane missing last night? Fifita, Lodge. Who else?

The guy won't accept responsibility. He let their veterans go. Stuff him!

i think you MAY be getting ahead of yourself again. You have to be the coach to make those decisions.:wink:
Though you could apply for it I suppose.

Ye olde phantom is not entirely friendless in our sponsors circles.Might be asked in no uncertain terms to take my leave, but I could get the point across.

Shout out to our major sponsors for their loyalty and patience. The guys at the top, actual Tiger fans, not involved for the tax write off.

They will be as stoked as us about the win.

I have been a very vocal critic of Packer so I'd like to wrap his performance last night, particularly his first stint. Not only did he run and tackle hard he also wanted to get involved. I nearly choked on my beer when I saw him hit it up twice in the first set. He also did a fair bit of work off the ball, providing a second option to the hit up runner and covering on the inside in defence. Hopefully he keeps it up.

If we can play with that intensity next week we should give Parra a run for their money.

Our attacking kicking game still needs a lot work though and our attack in general was hard to gauge because Brisbane were so poor.

Latest posts