What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Bulldogs

hazzbeen

Bench
Terribly disappointing to be honest , expected a more all round performance from the boys - to play as a team , but the same mistakes were present .

So they came from behind and won , I am glad however they should not had placed themselves in that position. Most fortunate that the Bulldogs made those errors when they did , otherwise we would had not got the 2 points .

As already said by others- it is good to see the continual improvement by Duffy , Lomax and Clune they appear to be forming some good combinations together and hopefully shall become better with each game .
Like I said last win , until they beat a top 4 team or even a top 8 team how can I get excited ..... Ok lets look at it this way , Mary scrapped through again , so what would have happened if they lost the game .... ?

FlameThrower

Bench
Made it way tougher than it needed to be. Poor errors, gave away repeat sets and that six tackle rule is a lottery as most times nobody knows why it was given. Ref continues his ant-Dragon campaign, but we were very average and had some luck on our side. Maybe better to win in like this than to clock up 40 Nil. At least we showed some grit to fight back.
Dufty / Clune were great. Hunt kicking game much improved. Saab actually had a smile and looked happy - he needs another 5 kilo and more Muscle bulk.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Better second half he is only 19.
Will come good in my option.
See how he goes against the sharks next week

Samy, I thought there was definite improvement in Saab today. I have enjoyed Jordan's whole-hearted efforts and love his humility but that shoulder charge coming back from suspension was really disappointing. I would give Saab a protracted run at the position to gain confidence and prove himself. Look at what has happened to players like Lomax, Clune and Kerr once given a regular spot.

The calm one

Juniors
Like I said last win , until they beat a top 4 team or even a top 8 team how can I get excited ..... Ok lets look at it this way , Mary scrapped through again , so what would have happened if they lost the game .... ?
Mate they won if we didn't win it would have been an upset win to the Bulldogs just like the Raiders upset the chooks, yes it does happen to other teams even the premiere. Move on

True_Believer

Juniors

Mary.jpg

boardlumps62

Juniors
Great comeback sould have won it easier than that . Well played Clune great game Cam.
May be without similar and Euan next week.
But a win is a win.
Great talk at half time flanno
Can't believe Simms was anything but a chest charge a little late he will be ok. Not that he is doing much imo.

boardlumps62

Juniors
When's Saab going to impress. Like a baby in a big body. Think he is a late bloomer that one. Could be something later.

hazzbeen

Bench
Mate they won if we didn't win it would have been an upset win to the Bulldogs just like the Raiders upset the chooks, yes it does happen to other teams even the premiere. Move on
They were playing the Dragons , not the Chooks , upset win , so a couple of wins against nothing teams and we move on and forget the last 6 years with this bloke .... Happy for you , but not for me ....

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Like I said last win , until they beat a top 4 team or even a top 8 team how can I get excited ..... Ok lets look at it this way , Mary scrapped through again , so what would have happened if they lost the game .... ?[/QUOTE

hazzbeen,
May I respectfully point out the following:
1. No one on here is predicting a premiership any time soon.
2. I estimate that out of every 4 games decided in the last couple of minutes the Dragons would have a 1-3 W-L record. Their record in Golden Point is quite shocking. So I am happy to take some joy out of last minute victory. Far better than Lewis kicking one point in extra time.
3. After losing the first 4 games and especially those against the Warriors and Dogs I thought the Dragons were a hot choice for the Spoon. So I am going to celebrate every win.
4. I am also happy seeing that the Dragons with the new selection panel are now picking the best available players each week allowing some of the inexperienced players to settle into their positions and show improvement week to week.
5. There is now some logic in the bench rotation - clearly Mary is being told what to do. Another issue to celebrate.

OK, I was banking on a 20 point win today as a par score. We didn't get it but if I did not feel excited as Norman had a clear run to the line then there is no joy at all in being a fan.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Good times on the forum tonight!
Saturday night. Muzby in Melbourne in lockdown has had a skinfull no doubt. Samy the medic texting away in the back of the dressing rooms. OT will be along shortly to tell us how we are idiots and how poor our comprehension is.
As meatloaf said:
h5Wm3ne.gif