What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 10 Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread 18/7/20

Dibs

Bench
Well I know you can never pinpoint one mistake that costs you a game. However that 6 to go given by Lane was a game changer to me. Manly don’t score if he doesn’t give it. It’s not his fault that we didn’t defend the try but Manly should never have been in that position to put the kick in.
We had the momentum going into half time until that set restart.
Plenty of other f*ckups that all led to the loss though.

Tooooks

Bench
I’m not proud to admit I stopped watching the first half after that first 15 minute effort. I was filthy and it was reminiscent of our game against Melbourne last year. Watched the second half.

We played easily our worst game of the season with half our squad missing and lost by 4 due to goal kicking. I really believe the old Eels would’ve folded and lost by 40. It’s disappointing we will drop to 3rd after tomorrow but to be honest, it’s probably a fairer representation of where we’re at.

They need to regroup, hopefully get some troops back for Thursday and get back on track.

IFR33K

Coach
I reckon we will.

Just having Moses back will make a massive difference to our attack.

Ferguson is a way better player than Jennings.

And Matterson will add some punch in attack, and stiffen our defence.

Disappointed in the loss, but I am proud that we fought back - those last 25 minutes are the Eels of 2020.

Not sure how u can be proud of the fight back. The game is played for 80 minutes...

emjaycee

Coach
Fox has simply forgotten to mention that we didn't have:
- Moses
- Matterson
- Ferguson
- Evans

As important as them missing:
- Fonua-Blake
- Walker
- Turbo

Oh and we had a 28 yr old debutant and a 20 year old who has played 10 seconds in first grade.
And George Jennings.

Wally21

Bench
I’m glad we weren’t missing any of our best players too, otherwise the commentators may not have been able to mention it once.....oh wait....
Exactly. They are f**king special needs the lot of them. They make channel 9 commentators seem like Mensa alumni

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not sure how u can be proud of the fight back. The game is played for 80 minutes...

It finished 4 tries to 4...

We kept them scoreless in the second half...

I'm not proud of our effort in the first 20 minutes, but we pegged back some pride in the second half, imo.

It's just a shame that the first 20 minutes of patheticness cost us the game.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Gennings started and ended the game the same way. He is f**king hopeless. I’m not unhappy with the result to be honest. Don’t forget we have the following players out who would be in our 17:

Moses
Matterson
Ferguson
Kaufusi
Evans
Stone

and the handbrake came off early too.

emjaycee

Coach
- Moses
- Matterson
- Ferguson
- Evans

- Fonua-Blake
- Walker
- Turbo

Oh and we had a 28 yr old debutant and a 20 year old who has played 10 seconds in first grade.
And George Jennings.
Too bad our club doesn't have the history of blaming injuries for losses.

yy_cheng

Coach
Dbrown was lost. Tackeld on the 5th so many times which left field to kick. Just dumb.

He stood and attacked on the right with our strike players on the left and an injured suli on the left. Our right had No strike players except Blake.

There were a few times mahoney was looking for him and couldn't find him

84 Baby

Referee
- Moses
- Matterson
- Ferguson
- Evans

- Fonua-Blake
- Walker
- Turbo

And George Jennings.
I'm fairly certain Moanly have their top 30 out injured

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our defence in the 2nd and 3rd try was what killed us. 4th try was 50/50.

not that disappointed, effort was good. And we slowly got back into the game and finished 4 tries each. Goal kicking didn’t help plus RCG just missed a try.

those games happen.

No Moses is what really hurt, we didn’t show any control.

Our stats to finish the game after a terrible start is pretty impressive.

Losing Nrown didn’t help either.

2200m to 1400m. Miss tackles was terrible in the first half but second half was better better. Only 30 to their 39.

Previous years we loss that by 30 or so. reckon we will be better for the loss. Gives us a wake up call and takes some media pressure off us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gennings started and ended the game the same way. He is f**king hopeless. I’m not unhappy with the result to be honest. Don’t forget we have the following players out who would be in our 17:

Moses
Matterson
Ferguson
Kaufusi
Evans
Stone

and the handbrake came off early too.

Absolutely.

After the first 20 minutes, I honestly thought we were going to concede 40 points.

Instead, we scored 4 tries, and kept them scoreless in the second half.

It was a poor outing, and we barely lost.

Latest posts