What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 10 Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread 18/7/20

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yep. You're satisfied with the result then?

no not satisfied, won’t be until we win the comp.

but satisfied with the effort and finish. Over all 2 shit reads by lane / drown cost us big time.

And tonight no Moses costed us big time, not many sides go that well when you lose your kick spine player. No game control in the second half cost us the game.

Incorrect

Coach
Fox has simply forgotten to mention that we didn't have:
- Moses
- Matterson
- Ferguson
- Evans

As important as them missing:
- Fonua-Blake
- Walker
- Turbo

Oh and we had a 28 yr old debutant and a 20 year old who has played 10 seconds in first grade.
And George Jennings.
All of that is true...

So both teams were missing key personnel... But only one of them showed urgency and commitment from the opening whistle. The other mob were still in the sheds mentally until around half time...

eel01s

Bench
Dbrown was lost. Tackeld on the 5th so many times which left field to kick. Just dumb.

He stood and attacked on the right with our strike players on the left and an injured suli on the left. Our right had No strike players except Blake.

There were a few times mahoney was looking for him and couldn't find him
100% right. The first time we went left when Suli came back on we scored.

Ultimately we played crap tonight, let in some SOFT tries, and made too many errors. And only lost by 4 points.

DaveMc

Juniors
Difference in the outcome was the bullshit Thompson try. If anyone throws up the Turbo forward pass as Manly being robbed earlier in the season, let’s call it like it is and realise we were robbed tonight. (Yes, this is bullshit and we were clearly the poorer team tonight, but let’s adopt a bit of the other poor fella me crap we see the other teams pull out.)

Rocket man

Juniors
Well I know you can never pinpoint one mistake that costs you a game. However that 6 to go given by Lane was a game changer to me. Manly don’t score if he doesn’t give it. It’s not his fault that we didn’t defend the try but Manly should never have been in that position to put the kick in.
We had the momentum going into half time until that set restart.
Plenty of other f*ckups that all led to the loss though.
Zulu gets up complaining and whingeing than the refs calls six again.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Difference in the outcome was the bullshit Thompson try. If anyone throws up the Turbo forward pass as Manly being robbed earlier in the season, let’s call it like it is and realise we were robbed tonight. (Yes, this is bullshit and we were clearly the poorer team tonight, but let’s adopt a bit of the other poor fella me crap we see the other teams pull out.)
I don't think we were the poorer team. We started atrociously and gifted them a big lead, but we manhandled them for most of the game and our young playmakers panicked.

TheParraboy

Staff member
unforced errors first 20 min cost us, we lost the game right there

Hope Sivo will be ok, but looks like Fergo in, Sivo out, GJ stays for a while

T-Boon

Coach
We would take 2 of 3 games without Moses and zero kicking game.
I reckon the coach should have played Matterson. When you rest a guy because he has a sore finger you are really asking for trouble with the playing groups focus for the week. Matterson has been one of our best 3 players for a month. Already down Moses it was a big mistake.
I also think that has cost the team some self belief. Mahoney would be down on confidence now.
Bad decision making from the coach. To the point I think the top teams will see us as mentally soft.

strider

Post Whore
unforced errors first 20 min cost us, we lost the game right there

Hope Sivo will be ok, but looks like Fergo in, Sivo out, GJ stays for a while
If sivo is out i would prefer taka to the wing

Gennings had a terrible start but tbh ran hard the rest of the game ... but he just doesnt look dangerous at all