What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Bulldogs

Gareth67

First Grade
2EABFDFF-F2D0-4A71-A010-D5F0AF03662C.png

“ Well there’s another one you can chalk-up for the old maestro . Yes it was a bit scrappy at stages , however I must say that am pleased by my young guns , Lomax, Duffy and of course Clunes. After a couple of seasons in and out of 1st grade they have finally fulfilled my hopes for each of them . Yet again another fine example of my ability to get the best from inexperienced players . “

“ So have a couple of extra beers tonight and don’t forget to put them on my tab . “ :no_mouth:

Dragonsamy

Bench
View attachment 40074

“ Well there’s another one you can chalk-up for the old maestro . Yes it was a bit scrappy at stages , however I must say that am pleased by my young guns , Lomax, Duffy and of course Clunes. After a couple of seasons in and out of 1st grade they have finally fulfilled my hopes for each of them . Yet again another fine example of my ability to get the best from inexperienced players . “

“ So have a couple of extra beers tonight and don’t forget to put them on my tab . “ :no_mouth:

Thanks Gareth but I don't drink so you can give them to someone else.lol

Gareth67

First Grade
It would be me mate.
I can't drink. Me and booze are not a good combination

I must say that I have not had a beer for a while now myself . With the Covid and all , I occasionally will have the one after a hard days work , but other than that very rarely indeed.

But back to the footy , it was a win and to me the good point to come out of it was the continual improvement by the 3 backs in Duffy , Lomax and Clunes . Clunes in particular
is a player who is the missing link that the Dragons have been needing for all so long .

He always pleases me with the way he is able to kick and to get the ball moving along the to the backs or forwards - a great little general that I am sure that Flanagan has been helping along .

The one aspect however that is really missing from our team is that all important ingredient that all good teams have - and that is a talker , a individual who can direct the play and also scream and shout if necessary. Still the Dragons won and that is what is important .

Dragonsamy

Bench
I must say that I have not had a beer for a while now myself . With the Covid and all , I occasionally will have the one after a hard days work , but other than that very rarely indeed.

But back to the footy , it was a win and to me the good point to come out of it was the continual improvement by the 3 backs in Duffy , Lomax and Clunes . Clunes in particular
is a player who is the missing link that the Dragons have been needing for all so long .

He always pleases me with the way he is able to kick and to get the ball moving along the to the backs or forwards - a great little general that I am sure that Flanagan has been helping along .

The one aspect however that is really missing from our team is that all important ingredient that all good teams have - and that is a talker , a individual who can direct the play and also scream and shout if necessary. Still the Dragons won and that is what is important .

Agree we have a long way to go before , being a real title threat.
But we have Sharks and bunnies in the 2 games both winnable game.
Then Roosters and Parra.
So very important month coming up.
Hopefully Sims has nothing to worry about and the same with Euan (I didn't see his reporting offence).

Brutalitops

Juniors
Have possibly had a few too many beers here are my candid thoughts on the match.

That is simply a game we lose in our worse periods. We used to dominate then have no idea how to get back into the contest. Hunt had a couple of defensive blunders but overall is so much more involved and his kicking game is 10 times what it used to be. Dufty is an enigma. Lomax is a brilliant player and realising his potential every week.

Even Norman, who I'm mostly against as a signing, has showed he can ice it in where he plays below par like today.

I know it's easy to focus on the fact we were so dominant but let them back in. But to me, we won a game where we had no chance to get back into it. Ben Hunt is adding an unpredictable element to our game from dummy half and stressing out other teams. McInnes (even though he had an off game) is creative and dangerous despite his positional change

I feel great about this team. I just want a new coach and I really believe we are top 4 material.

Go the saints!

epDragon62

First Grade

I've thought the same about the talker who directs and barks as required. I don't recall anyone laying down the law in the in goal area after the other team scores for instance.

Dragons4me

Juniors
dufty is learning to back up better than before as well .......

That's been the biggest change to his game. He goes looking for the ball and his backing up. He really gets involved. More than happy with Clune at the moment (hasn't he been a relevation and someone we already had on our books) but I don't think Dufty would look out of place at half. Anyway we don't need to fix something that ain't broken at the moment.

It was great to beat a determined Bulldog side, but our team is still a long way off beating a top 4 side.

I will have a bucket full of beers if and when that happens.

In the meantime let’s enjoy the ride and thank our lucky stars that we have the most overqualified assistant coach in the NRL.

Dragon David

First Grade

Yes, I and others on this forum have been saying for a while that Clune should be in the team. You could see how well he was playing in the lower grades, directing his outside backs and setting up tries.

Aitken would be loving him particularly now that he is starting to score some tries. What can you say about Dufty and Lomax improving with every game. Dufty's confidence is rising with every game he plays and comes back with the ball with a lot more energy and confidence. His backing up is brilliant. Lomax is tough and and a no nonsense centre with great goal kicking ability.

The other player who I would still like to see in first grade for several games is Sailor. I am sure that if he was given more chances to play, he too will be up there.

We still need a lot more mongrel in the forwards.