What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will it take to become a top 4 side again.

Post McGregor, under a good coach how long will it take to become a top 4 side again?

• 1 year

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • 2 year

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • 3 year

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • 4 year or beyond

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

mickeylane

Bench
Thats pretty interesting.....then considering the next 10 games, I cant see it happening:

Rd 11 v Sharks - winnable
Rd 12 v Rabbits - they'll have LM back, so I'd say loss
Rd 13 v Roosters - loss
Rd 14 v Eels - loss
Rd 15 v Broncos - anyones guess
Rd 16 v Titans - winnable
Rd 17 v Cowboys - winnable
Rd 18 v Raiders - loss
Rd 19 v Knights - loss
Rd 20 v Storm - loss

Maybe only 3 or 4 more wins imo, which won't get us there.
i said a few weeks ago, we beat Bulldogs and Sea Eagles and we will only need to win 60% of our remaining games and land on 20 points and make the 8...Sharks, Rabbits, Broncos, Titans, Cowboys, Knights our victims...without the potential of a further upset win against Parra and Raiders...I think this team is going to grow in confidence now...we are a real top 8 chance.. Top 4 maybe in 2 years with new coach and some new blood...maybe even JDB..

Bloodbath

Juniors
i said a few weeks ago, we beat Bulldogs and Sea Eagles and we will only need to win 60% of our remaining games and land on 20 points and make the 8...Sharks, Rabbits, Broncos, Titans, Cowboys, Knights our victims...without the potential of a further upset win against Parra and Raiders...I think this team is going to grow in confidence now...we are a real top 8 chance.. Top 4 maybe in 2 years with new coach and some new blood...maybe even JDB..
What dream world do you live in

possm

Coach
What dream world do you live in
It is the Flanagan influence that sees the Dragons playing more to their potential. For me, the only issue I have is who the Board will select to succeed Mary. I am very sure Marry's days are numbered mainly because all good results from here on will be attributed to Flanagan.

FlameThrower

Bench
Does the Club, actually have any plans to sign another coach. Or are we looking at Mary for next year no matter if we make or miss the 8. We came 2nd last in 2019, anything is an improvement on that result. Every excuse in the book is written already for 2020.
I’m not sure we will see Mary punted this year and he may will see out his contract. That’s Dragons footy.

matPORTS

Juniors

Very hard to fathom considering the state we were in just over a month ago.

No games in this second half of the year are insurmountable. Roosters, Eels, Raiders, Storm do have chinks in the armor. Mounting injury lists (Roosters), disruptions in the ranks due to COVID (Storm, Raiders), the weight of expectation (Eels). If the team really has improved, then we need to win a couple against those top teams (or 'early season front-runners') on the run home.

Dragon David

First Grade
Take one game at a time and re-assess after each one. We are on the improve. Yes we have only beaten bottom eight teams but, who knows with more improvement and the team remains more intact than most others, we might have a good chance in beating several of the top eight teams. Well here's hoping anyway!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
This poll should be answered once Mary is sacked because until he is coach it will be never.

Saints have the nucleus of a good squad to be top 8 consistently. Fitzgibbon may be the best option of what is out there.

The calm one

Juniors
Does the Club, actually have any plans to sign another coach. Or are we looking at Mary for next year no matter if we make or miss the 8. We came 2nd last in 2019, anything is an improvement on that result. Every excuse in the book is written already for 2020.
I’m not sure we will see Mary punted this year and he may will see out his contract. That’s Dragons footy.
Go back up the page, 5 comments

hazzbeen

Bench
Then Flanno takes over ? Is that what they are waiting for hoping they make 8 this year ..... Mary coaches another year then Flanno takes over .... If that's what they are thinking , Mary is here to stay ....

Latest posts