What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 POWER RANKINGS

hindy111

Post Whore
I decided to base the Power ranking this year after rnd 10. That gives us 10 games to access teams.
I've used a new method this season and a powerful new algorithm that factors in ladder position, schedule,missing players. It even factors in weather tempretures and oor reffs decision during game.
So here it is.

No 1 - PENRITH PANTHERS - With a tough draw and yet to field there best 17 along with sitting no 1. A loss and a draw to two top 4 teams are the only black marks. Both games should of been won. Also strong wins over Roosters and Storm.Also plenty of young kids who will get better as year goes on.

No 2 - Melbourne Storm - They just keep turning up and winning. Always giving 100%. I felt they'd drop out of top 4 this season but I don't see it.

No 3 - Parra Eels - As tempting as it was to give them top spot I felt to many close wins and late collapses dropped them back a few spot. At full strength and improvement from the younger players they can become the team to beat.

No 4 - Roosters At full strength they look unstoppable but injuries have creeper in. They are beatable and other teams aren't as fearful.

No 5 - Manly - Injuries stopped them. Turbo will be back soon and at full strength they are one of the 5 sides who can take it out.

DROP OFF

No 6 - Canberra- Injuries have hurt them but still a tough side. I don't see anyone out of top 5 winning title.

No 7 - Tigers- They are building and building nicely. Next season they could push.

No 8 - Knights- Seemed to have lost there way a little and lucky to win their last few games against Manly and Souths.

No 9 - Sharks On paper could be a suprise packet and make a late surge. Form is scratchy.

No 10 - Dragons. Starting to Olay well amd put it together. Wouldn't suprise to see them sneak into the top 8.

No 11 - Souths. Still a chance of finals and have the side but are very hot and cold. Lack forwards to do any damage.

BIG DROP OFF
And all seem quite equal

No 12 - Cowboys - Based on injuries and a few good efforts.

No 13 - Warriors - If turn up can put in a good performance. Seems to be rare.

No 14 - Brisbane Again based on a mountain of injuries. But still the side should be doing better. Terrible

No 15 - Titans. Offer nothing to the competition and haven't for years. One side nobody seems to care about watching.

No 16 - Bulldogs- A few injuries but othing severe. This is currently a very bad football team. There is only 2 or 3 guys in the squad who make other teams 17.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ahahaha Penrith 1, fell in against a bog average Cows side. They won’t win shit with Nathan Inside ball Clearly @ 7.

84 Baby

Referee
Ahahaha Penrith 1, fell in against a bog average Cows side. They won’t win shit with Nathan Inside ball Clearly @ 7.
Easy draws! They’ll waltz into minor premiership. All while the refs touch them on the dick

hindy111

Post Whore

Unsure. The algorithm factored this in. The fact Luai,Crighton,Burns,Naden,Too, Leinu,Liam Martin,May all have under 22 games suggests to me a lot of improvement to come from them between now and end of season.

Same goes for Kafusi,Dbags,Stone,Mahoney in our squad. Players need 30+ NRL games to get up to speed in my opinion. Injuries to Stone and Kafusi where worse two we wanted. They need game time and experience. Come finals those two off bench could be twice as improved. Our bench has potential to be dynamite.
Evans and Niakuore with these young two bucks.

strider

Post Whore
Can we see the retrospective power ranking for the previous 9 rounds?

Im not sure why its taken so long for the rankings to be announced :thinking:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Can we see the retrospective power ranking for the previous 9 rounds?

Im not sure why its taken so long for the rankings to be announced :thinking:

Half way juncture of the comp seems a good marker to do it, in a shortened game season

the algorithm analysis seems accurate to me.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ladder position x strength of opposition- favourable calls.
Add 14.5% for players injured during a game in first half and 10% for any starting 13 player out. You take away 5% if they are not in the spine or front row.
2 points are added for unlucky calls.

That's before it all gets put into the compressor unit. Here meters gained come into effect along with PCMS.

L x S - F +14.5I% +10ID% - 5IDX% +2 --->CU square rooted to M x0.5%PCM

hindy111

Post Whore
And that's just part one of the Power rankings. But it gives 90% accuracy. There is 4 more processes that iron out the fine details. Had I not used these Titans would be below the Bulldogs.

Latest posts