What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunker Bullshit

Big Marn

Juniors
Titans v Storm

first 2 bunker calls straightforward

3rd bunker call : Brian Kelly try given. almost an exact replica of Hetherington no try, except in the air... confusing.

last 2 bunker calls straight forward.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Let's just have a Bunker Watch thread, not a round by round one.

The Kelly try pissed me off. They gave that a try, but Hetherington no-try. Bizarre.

JJ

Immortal
Bizarre and confusing don't quite do it justice

The more you look at the Hetherington and Simonsen decisions the more you think WTF and buy into conspiracies against us and the Raiders.

Izz

Bench
Not sure the Kelly try was bizarre or confusing, tbh. If it hadn't been given that would've been bizarre or confusing imo seeing as the referee's boss conceded last round that the Hethrington & Simmonsen no-try calls were incorrect

Meth

Staff member
Not sure the Kelly try was bizarre or confusing, tbh. If it hadn't been given that would've been bizarre or confusing imo seeing as the referee's boss conceded last round that the Hethrington & Simmonsen no-try calls were incorrect

He didn't concede Hetherington's no-try was incorrect

Meth

Staff member
I watched Annesley whitewash it publicly in his Monday press conference

In that article- "I've had correspondence with the referees' boss and four of those decisions through the course of the game were wrong, which had a huge bearing on the result," he said.

Doesn't say the Hetherington no-try specifically was wrong, or that the referee's boss acknowledged the decisions were wrong. The way I read that, Payten spoke to Sutton and told him that he though four of those decisions were wrong and that the reffing had a huge bearing on the result.

If Sutton concurred, it's only been privately, unless I've missed something- and that means nothing.

Izz

Bench
I watched Annesley whitewash it publicly in his Monday press conference

In that article- "I've had correspondence with the referees' boss and four of those decisions through the course of the game were wrong, which had a huge bearing on the result," he said.

Doesn't say the Hetherington no-try specifically was wrong, or that the referee's boss acknowledged the decisions were wrong. The way I read that, Payten spoke to Sutton and told him that he though four of those decisions were wrong and that the reffing had a huge bearing on the result.

If Sutton concurred, it's only been privately, unless I've missed something- and that means nothing.
Fair enough.

First paragraph of article says Payton was officially told 4 decisions were wrong, but yes, while the article refers to the bunker decision later on it doesn't specifically say it was one of the 4.

Anyway, I'm splitting hairs. Personally, i was happy the Kelly try was awarded & hope the refs & bunker stick to that standard for the rest of the season.

The Blake try in the Manly game was an interesting one. Tapau definitely looking to offload so i can see the loose carry aspect but it also looked like Blake was going for a strip. Onus on the ball carrier to keep control of the ball in this situation?

Meth

Staff member
Fair enough.

First paragraph of article says Payton was officially told 4 decisions were wrong, but yes, while the article refers to the bunker decision later on it doesn't specifically say it was one of the 4.

Right you are. I missed that.

But yes, again, a private concession on a phone call to Todd is meaningless to me. Then again, so too is a public apology when it keeps on happening.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Fair enough.

Anyway, I'm splitting hairs. Personally, i was happy the Kelly try was awarded & hope the refs & bunker stick to that standard for the rest of the season.

The Blake try in the Manly game was an interesting one. Tapau definitely looking to offload so i can see the loose carry aspect but it also looked like Blake was going for a strip. Onus on the ball carrier to keep control of the ball in this situation?

He always has an arm loose looking, but the bunker shouldn’t try and be Nostradamus and say he was going to try it. Thing with this one is he never lost control of the ball or tried to offload, he only lost possession because Waqa Blake put 2 hands on it and took it

jaseg

Juniors
Well done bunker yet again, you f**king idiots.

Can we legitimately just go home? f**k the NRL and their officiating, let a QRL team play the rest of the games. Consistent bullshit, with that ref penalty call following the bunker crap.

Meth

Staff member
Well done bunker yet again, you f**king idiots.

Can we legitimately just go home? f**k the NRL and their officiating, let a QRL team play the rest of the games. Consistent bullshit, with that ref penalty call following the bunker crap.

I didn't have any major complaints yesterday, but I generally agree with this.

jaseg

Juniors
I didn't have any major complaints yesterday, but I generally agree with this.

That was a direct reaction to the bunker strip call on the Sharks captains challenge. I stopped watching after that tbh so no idea about anything else... don't think I'll watch again for a while. Already decided not to bother going to the 'home' games (despite them being really convenient for me) after the Latrell farce.

Just over it.

I can hack referee error (to a degree - obviously there are times where it becomes untenable, but they are relatively few and far between), as there is an immediacy at play, and they are making lots of decisions in a short period of time while under physical stress and often limited information/perspective. I won't handle that level of f**kery from Bunker/MRC morons.