What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 10 Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread 18/7/20

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The last ten premiers have lost this many games during the regular season: 7, 8, 4, 6, 7, 9, 6, 7, 6, 7 for an average of nearly 7 regular season losses. Even in a shortened season we can afford to drop a couple more without needing merkins to hide our belts and shoelaces.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
bulls-penis-soup-number-5.jpg

I can smell it from here.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did Jai Field even get tackled with the ball last night? The only thing he supposedly offers is a running game. He did a few sideways runs before passing and I think he may have engaged the line once with an offload. What a cat.
Yep, the Cows made him look almost a first grader with their passive defence. The last few weeks he has been shown up for what he is. A fringe first grader at best. Still he’s not Will Smith.

84 Baby

Referee
Yep, the Cows made him look almost a first grader with their passive defence. The last few weeks he has been shown up for what he is. A fringe first grader at best. Still he’s not Will Smith.
If Cows made him look like a first grader, did they have the same effect yesterday :thinking:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Lane and Drown are my favorite players. Both had below par games V Manly but they will be back as good as ever this Thursday. Lets bring it boys.

Angry_eel

First Grade
FMD short memories. Lane was big against Boncos & Panfas, good vs Rorters and massive vs Canbra. He played shit in a game where bunch of others played shit too = sack him!!!
I think he's being outshined as a forward. Last year he was no 1 or 2. This year he's no 3, maybe 4.

84 Baby

Referee
I think he's being outshined as a forward. Last year he was no 1 or 2. This year he's no 3, maybe 4.
Ok so you’re saying he doesn’t need to be the star, or that he’s a plodder?
And honestly if we’re ranking our non-hooker forwards, he’d be 4th or 5th on the starrage meter (heck Marata isn’t that far behind either) but that’s because RCG has exploded, Paulo is Paulo and Nrown has got rid of a lot of his 5th tackle settlers. It’s not like Matterson has been playing poorly either but it’s really hard to go past those other 3

Angry_eel

First Grade
Ok so you’re saying he doesn’t need to be the star, or that he’s a plodder?
And honestly if we’re ranking our non-hooker forwards, he’d be 4th or 5th on the starrage meter (heck Marata isn’t that far behind either) but that’s because RCG has exploded, Paulo is Paulo and Nrown has got rid of a lot of his 5th tackle settlers. It’s not like Matterson has been playing poorly either but it’s really hard to go past those other 3

Yea plodder was the wrong word. Both Matterson and Lane are being outshined. However, Matterson at least scores a try or two here and there.

Last year, He had a good combo with Drown, that has gone out the window now.

84 Baby

Referee
Yea plodder was the wrong word. Both Matterson and Lane are being outshined. However, Matterson at least scores a try or two here and there.

Last year, He had a good combo with Drown, that has gone out the window now.
They ran the same play every game for like 2 months. Oppositions worked it out. It’s still there but there’s no reason to overuse it. Plus the amount tries Sivo and Jenko have indicates he’s at least doing something out there even if he doesn’t touch the ball. At some point oppositions will adjust to that, then I reckon we’ll see Lane crash over for a few tries

Latest posts