What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors may play every game at home in 2021.

_Johnsy

Referee
Maybe allow one of them in Auckland and use it as a big celebration to say thank you to their families, friends, and fans in Auckland. It’s not just the club and players that have suffered because of this you know.

If the NRL really wants to buy player’s wives rings these ones deserve it more than any others lol.
Seriously though, it might be a good idea to think about giving the Warriors wives a thank you of some sort because this time would have sucked for them more than anybody else.
As well as all home games possibly hold one or two Magic rounds in Auckland as well.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cant see clubs willing to give up 1/12th of their game day revenue as a thank you.
You are probably right.

We are ungrateful.

1 game. What a weak effort, While Aussie clubs still plunder thier juniors.

No wonder they prefer kickby.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think they would do it when you consider what the club & players have sacrificed this year.

I'm sure they'd like to but that could well be the difference between a profit and a loss for most clubs. As they say, sentiment doesn't pay the bills.

You are probably right.

We are ungrateful.

1 game. What a weak effort, While Aussie clubs still plunder thier juniors.

No wonder they prefer kickby.

It might only be one game but it could be worth more than $500k to a club.

As well as all home games possibly hold one or two Magic rounds in Auckland as well.

A magic round and test match in Auckland is a much more sensible option.

_Johnsy

Referee
I'm sure they'd like to but that could well be the difference between a profit and a loss for most clubs. As they say, sentiment doesn't pay the bills.

I think the NRL would come up with some way to compensate them for foregoing one home game that year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think the NRL would come up with some way to compensate them for foregoing one home game that year.

They could, if they had $4-6mill to hand out to clubs for sentimental reasons. Personally Id prefer they used it to help cover the looming gap in grass roots funding this year and next.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah 500K they would not have today without them.

This years wages are because those fellas came over.

But as I said, your probably right, we are that ungrateful.

_Johnsy

Referee
They could, if they had $4-6mill to hand out to clubs for sentimental reasons. Personally Id prefer they used it to help cover the looming gap in grass roots funding this year and next.
A small price for the NRL to pay (also fraction of the cost of the $ saved by the season resumption) when you consider the alternate option of the NZ Warriors not staying in Australia to save the 2020 NRL season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A small price for the NRL to pay (also fraction of the cost of the $ saved by the season resumption) when you consider the alternate option of the NZ Warriors not staying in Australia to save the 2020 NRL season.

A better solution might be the games are held in NZ but the "home" club gets to keep the game revenue. Might help oil the wheels of decision. The NRL could then get off its backside and find some NZ sponsors and grants from councils to help cover some of the losses for the visiting side.

IF NZ hadnt stayed, A) they would be in deep financial strife, B) The comp would have resumed with a bye. Comp was restarting regardless of what NZ did. Great they stayed to get paid and give the season some semblance of credibility, some recognition for that would be nice.

The Warriors are COVID to the NRL.

f**k them and the Gold Coast off ASAP and bring in a second Brisbane team.

Play a 15 team comp with a bye each weekend.

Lift the standard of footy.

soc123_au

Staff member
How are the Australian clubs going to be compensated for the home gate takings?
The "Home" Australian club still takes the gate. No different to when we go to Bathurst, Rabbits to Perth etc etc etc.

I think it's a great idea for the Warriors as a club, but they should consider their Aussie fan base before making a decision. I imagine a lot of them support the club financially over a long period. They too have been robbed of going to games this year.

Meth

Staff member
The Warriors are COVID to the NRL.

f**k them and the Gold Coast off ASAP and bring in a second Brisbane team.

Play a 15 team comp with a bye each weekend.

Lift the standard of footy.

What makes you think the second Brisbane team will lift the standard of footy, any more than the current Gold Coast team?

Leber

Bench
Even though we love giving you west island convicts as much stick whenever we can, I'm honestly pretty touched by the positive reaction to this thread.

On behalf on Warriors fans, its pretty cool to see most of you guys backing us up and trying to help us out, despite the fact that we are a shit club and you guys have been subjected to watch our braindead plays.

FWIW, thanks guys for supporting this kind gesture. You are all cool.

Except that Dragon slayer guy. f**k him

Last edited:
You all appear to be assuming that the C-19 will have magically disappeared by next year.

Nothing wrong with discussing it now though, is there? Scheduling takes time. I’d imagine there’ll be a lot of negotiating with the other clubs. If they get the go ahead, they may have to design two schedules. One with NZ camped in Australia due to COVID and one with them playing only in NZ. What will an all NZ schedule look like? Some good ideas on here already. I applaud the NRL being proactive on this. Greenberg would’ve bought the players’ wives rings LoL

soc123_au

Staff member
Even though we love giving you west island convicts as much stick whenever we can, I'm honestly pretty touched by the positive reaction to this thread.

On behalf on Warriors fans, its pretty cool to see most of you guys backing us up and trying to help us out, despite the fact that we are a shit club and you guys have been subjected to watch our braindead plays.

FWIW, thanks guys for supporting this kind gesture. You are all cool.

Except that Dragon slayer guy. f**k him

Not as touched as your favourite sheep I'll wager. :)