What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SGMax

Juniors
Fair call. I'd imagine maybe host might exit then potentially. Personally I'd rather get a coach that could help him develop an offload to replace Merrin. Ideally Lawrie even as a mobile prop
Has a better body shape and can hit a hole.

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing for the last couple of months....Host could be a better front rower.
I quite like him but seems to be behind a few other 2nd rowers and never seems to be considers other than a backup.

Host has good leg drive and height, just needs to bulk up a little more and could be a revelation.
I think if he doesn't make the change, he is a season or two from drifting out of the NRL.
Dragons, and most teams, seem to be in need of props.
Would hate to see him get cut from our squad.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons player swap emerges as fuming Test star eyes Dogs exit
NRL Premiership
  • July 15, 2020 9:21pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
8ca6e060c628cca0a7ac113dca88d15e

Corey Harawira-Naera could be handed a lifeline out of Canterbury.Source: Getty Images
Corey Harawira-Naera could be handed a lifeline out of Canterbury as part of a player swap involving St George Illawarra’s Tim Lafai.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the pair could immediately swap clubs as Harawira-Naera fumes at the Bulldogs for leaving him out in the cold when the NRL deregistered his contract in pre season.

The NRL Appeals Committee later ruled that his and Jayden Okunbor’s contracts were to be reinstated, making him available to play as soon as next week.

But Fox Sports revealed on Wednesday that Harawira-Naera intends to tell the Bulldogs that he’s not interested in a spot and would prefer to be moved elsewhere.

Now a potential deal with the Dragons has emerged as the club refuses to release their own wantaway, Jason Saab.

Lafai and Harawira-Naera are reportedly on similar salaries while the Dragons have enough space in their salary cap to fit the Kiwi Test forward in next season.

The publication reports that the Bulldogs hope Lafai will join regardless of the outcome as they have already released Morgan Harper.

Harawira-Naera’s other interested parties are believed to be the Canberra Raiders, West Tigers and the New Zealand Warriors.

Okunbor, however, is reportedly keen to resume his career at the Bulldogs when his suspension finishes after round 14.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/26ea8e558457406ecc98f8e193afac63

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Dragons player swap emerges as fuming Test star eyes Dogs exit
NRL Premiership
  • July 15, 2020 9:21pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
8ca6e060c628cca0a7ac113dca88d15e

Corey Harawira-Naera could be handed a lifeline out of Canterbury.Source: Getty Images
Corey Harawira-Naera could be handed a lifeline out of Canterbury as part of a player swap involving St George Illawarra’s Tim Lafai.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the pair could immediately swap clubs as Harawira-Naera fumes at the Bulldogs for leaving him out in the cold when the NRL deregistered his contract in pre season.

The NRL Appeals Committee later ruled that his and Jayden Okunbor’s contracts were to be reinstated, making him available to play as soon as next week.

But Fox Sports revealed on Wednesday that Harawira-Naera intends to tell the Bulldogs that he’s not interested in a spot and would prefer to be moved elsewhere.

Now a potential deal with the Dragons has emerged as the club refuses to release their own wantaway, Jason Saab.

Lafai and Harawira-Naera are reportedly on similar salaries while the Dragons have enough space in their salary cap to fit the Kiwi Test forward in next season.

The publication reports that the Bulldogs hope Lafai will join regardless of the outcome as they have already released Morgan Harper.

Harawira-Naera’s other interested parties are believed to be the Canberra Raiders, West Tigers and the New Zealand Warriors.

Okunbor, however, is reportedly keen to resume his career at the Bulldogs when his suspension finishes after round 14.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/26ea8e558457406ecc98f8e193afac63
definately a like for like replacement

The Badger

Juniors
If this does happen, then it's more of a view to next season, even though the swap would happen now. It would be seen as a replacement for Friz with either CHN or Ford getting the start with the other from the bench. Fui would stay from the bench where he has the most impact. So basically the same as now.

It would also take some time to bring him up to fitness as well.
CHN would be a great replacement for Friz.Have watched him a lot and been impressed.If he could slot into that right side spot I see Lomax and Rava being on a pretty good deal.They would have to fix the Norman issue on that side however.Burton is the man for that spot.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
FRM
CDN
Adam elliot

All 3 are off contract at the Dogs
All backrowers
They just signed on a backrower from UK Luke Thompson

interesting times

Brutalitops

Juniors
The CHN-Lafai trade is an absolute steal but the dogs are in a corner here.

CHN wants nothing to do with them so they have to get rid of him. They are shockingly thin for backs and the state of the market for centres right now is non existent.

Lafai is the best they are likely to get.

blacksafake

First Grade
Yes, I've been thinking the same thing for the last couple of months....Host could be a better front rower.
I quite like him but seems to be behind a few other 2nd rowers and never seems to be considers other than a backup.

Host has good leg drive and height, just needs to bulk up a little more and could be a revelation.
I think if he doesn't make the change, he is a season or two from drifting out of the NRL.
Dragons, and most teams, seem to be in need of props.
Would hate to see him get cut from our squad.
Could be another Prior

Slippery Morris

First Grade
CHN would be a really good signing and will ease the pain of losing Frizzell that is for sure. He is a pretty good player and has a good offload on him.

That would be an absolute brilliant swap if they can make it happen.

mickeylane

Bench
CHN would be a really good signing and will ease the pain of losing Frizzell that is for sure. He is a pretty good player and has a good offload on him.

That would be an absolute brilliant swap if they can make it happen.
CHN is worth $600K for a few reasons.
1.He's a gun
2. He's only 25
4. He's a starting international for NZ
5. He's a ballplayer unlike Frizell
6. He's a game-breaker unlike our other forwards

TruSaint

Referee