What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indigenous jersey

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Went off track when muzby started throwing wild and unjustified accusations of racism just because someone didn’t like the art on the jersey
Lol..

Obsessed much?

It’s sad that you’re choosing to make light of an important matter all so you can carry on your petty stuff..

No, Tru quoted Splinters.

I always find it interesting when being called a racist is worse than racism.
And you’re wrong muzby went after coffs for absolutely zero reason other than the fact he’s not happy unless he’s antagonising or baiting someone on the forum the threads are littered with his juvenile sarcasm and almost everyone has had a run in with him HE is the common denominator in it all

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not interested in whatever argument you're having with someone else.

I correctly pointed out that Tru was quoting Splinters, our resident racist. You ignored this, and continue to do so.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And you’re wrong muzby went after coffs for absolutely zero reason other than the fact he’s not happy unless he’s antagonising or baiting someone on the forum the threads are littered with his juvenile sarcasm and almost everyone has had a run in with him HE is the common denominator in it all
I’ve already said to you, it’s quite a shame that you’re choosing to use an important discussion to keep going with your petty quarrel.

Feel free to take the time to actually read the thread.

My initial post was directed at no-one in particular, after a couple of posts which were disrespectful to the jersey design - not comments about taste, but comments which were belittling the design.

Your mate decided to take offence to that & doubled down, outing himself, not me singling him out as you’re trying to infer.

As I said, feel free to re-read the thread.

If you can’t see why belittling something that another culture finds important is racist, then that says a lot about you.

I’ve already said to you, it’s quite a shame that you’re choosing to use an important discussion to keep going with your petty quarrel.

Feel free to take the time to actually read the thread.

My initial post was directed at no-one in particular, after a couple of posts which were disrespectful to the jersey design - not comments about taste, but comments which were belittling the design.

Your mate decided to take offence to that & doubled down, outing himself, not me singling him out as you’re trying to infer.

As I said, feel free to re-read the thread.

If you can’t see why belittling something that another culture finds important is racist, then that says a lot about you.
f**k you you’re the only one doubling down the guy never meant it as a racial slur and the fact you managed to conjure something up out of nothing as usual says more about you than me like I said I’m part indigenous and lived on an aboriginal sheep station as the only white fella in the 90s for 6 months and I was made a part of the family so I’m definitely no racist the fact someone doesn’t like a jersey doesn’t make them a racist! muzby you’re a turd an antagonist turd your record speaks for itself please don’t respond as I have zero time for you as a person and won’t be responding back! F**kwit!!

Not interested in whatever argument you're having with someone else.

I correctly pointed out that Tru was quoting Splinters, our resident racist. You ignored this, and continue to do so.
doubt anyone is a resident racist stupid comment and you and muzby probably lunch together to conjure this shit people might say something out of line or bit off but doesn’t make them a racist man I grew up in a town called carnarvon in the 80s I’ve seen shit and some of the stuff you and your old mate muzby are crying over wouldn’t even register with the guys I grew up with and I ran it past a mate who played afl quite a well known figure and he laughed because he can see the shit from the sugar boys unlike yourselves

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
f**k you you’re the only one doubling down the guy never meant it as a racial slur and the fact you managed to conjure something up out of nothing as usual says more about you than me like I said I’m part indigenous and lived on an aboriginal sheep station as the only white fella in the 90s for 6 months and I was made a part of the family so I’m definitely no racist the fact someone doesn’t like a jersey doesn’t make them a racist! muzby you’re a turd an antagonist turd your record speaks for itself please don’t respond as I have zero time for you as a person and won’t be responding back! F**kwit!!
Well, you’re certainly making quite the spectacle of yourself aren’t you?

No one has said anyone made a racial slur.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
doubt anyone is a resident racist stupid comment and you and muzby probably lunch together to conjure this shit people might say something out of line or bit off but doesn’t make them a racist man I grew up in a town called carnarvon in the 80s I’ve seen shit and some of the stuff you and your old mate muzby are crying over wouldn’t even register with the guys I grew up with and I ran it past a mate who played afl quite a well known figure and he laughed because he can see the shit from the sugar boys unlike yourselves
Hard to argue with someone as tough as yourself.

I always try to give benefit of the doubt. "Where's Wally..." is a known dog whistle comment usually done to deliver a punch down. In this case, I'm willing to accept it was just a comment born out of ignorance and no real harm was initially intended.

But hey, you keep making your assumptions.

In Splinters' case, ignorance is no excuse, this is a bigot with form. Of course, your defence of Splinters is your choice, but don't tell me that I'm not allowed to call it out when I see it.

Hard to argue with someone as tough as yourself.

I always try to give benefit of the doubt. "Where's Wally..." is a known dog whistle comment usually done to deliver a punch down. In this case, I'm willing to accept it was just a comment born out of ignorance and no real harm was initially intended.

But hey, you keep making your assumptions.

In Splinters' case, ignorance is no excuse, this is a bigot with form. Of course, your defence of Splinters is your choice, but don't tell me that I'm not allowed to call it out when I see it.
And you keep making your assumptions anyone with half a brain would conclude the where’s Wally comment was due to how busy the artwork was compared to a where’s Wally pic and what a condescending opening comment about my toughness you and muzby are exactly the same you make assumptions then accuse people of making assumptions self righteous hypocrites at best now he said he wasn’t accusing someone of racism but that’s exactly what it was read the f**kn thread again I’m not talking about splinters but coffs original post which was totally innocent with no racial undertones but good old muzby had to pull nothing out of thin air if it’s blatant racism yep call it out but be realistic and stop looking for something that ain’t there

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And you keep making your assumptions anyone with half a brain would conclude the where’s Wally comment was due to how busy the artwork was compared to a where’s Wally pic and what a condescending opening comment about my toughness you and muzby are exactly the same you make assumptions then accuse people of making assumptions self righteous hypocrites at best now he said he wasn’t accusing someone of racism but that’s exactly what it was read the f**kn thread again I’m not talking about splinters but coffs original post which was totally innocent with no racial undertones but good old muzby had to pull nothing out of thin air if it’s blatant racism yep call it out but be realistic and stop looking for something that ain’t there
I’m not really sure why you see this as me trying to start something.

1. As already stated to you, no individual was called out by my first post, just a generic statement about not belittling another culture, which leads me to point two.
2. Belittling a culture other than your own, be it black, white, Asian or pretty much any other culture than your own, including different cultures of the same skin colour, is racism.
3. I’ll happily call our behaviour like racism, sexism, bullying etc any day of the week.
4. You don’t need to take your hatred of me out on other people who are simply also calling out similar behaviours where they’ve seen them.

You’re taking quite a bizarre approach to someone who’s trying to discuss this rationally with you.

This Year?

Immortal
I would love to see one designed with the art within the red v similar to the anzac poppies, or use the red on the away jersey as a blank canvas and just go all out like the all stars jersey

I must admit I'm not a fan of the whale or the tree from a previous season, but they were there for a reason which was interesting education on how they were culturally significant to the 1st people of these areas.

The boomerang making the red v is a nice touch. I'd love to see a snake or a goanna incorporated as they are reptiles. Dragons were reptiles weren't they?

Old Timer

Coach
Looking at some of the wonderful jerseys thus far this round (what were the Raiders doing FFS) and some of the previous indigenous jerseys IMO they would be even better if for 1 round in the season they didn't have to have sponsors names and logos everywhere.

Some of the artwork and designs are just marvellous and would look even better if they were on the entire jersey without having to accommodate logos etc.

Surely for 1 round this should be possible?

Latest posts