What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When the horse is dead, dismount.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
While we are at it, time to take the captaincy off RTS.

With everything going on, it probably shouldn’t be now. But seriously, he isn’t the guy. He is a great player and by all accounts, an exceptional person- but he isn’t the leader that we need...and we need leadership more than ever.

You’re correct, but the trouble is the club has put itself into the position where there aren’t really any candidates, other than Tohu Harris and I’m not sure anyone is on the market that fits the bill

Brisbane have done the same, their skipper has 25 NRL games under his belt while the likes of Boyd and Luke stand behind the posts like stunned mullets

What I liked in our effort the other night was even with a handy lead Trbojevic at halftime is absolutely tearing into them in the sheds to keep them going. I can’t see any of that style at the Warriors

Meth

Staff member
You’re correct, but the trouble is the club has put itself into the position where there aren’t really any candidates, other than Tohu Harris and I’m not sure anyone is on the market that fits the bill

Brisbane have done the same, their skipper has 25 NRL games under his belt while the likes of Boyd and Luke stand behind the posts like stunned mullets

What I liked in our effort the other night was even with a handy lead Trbojevic at halftime is absolutely tearing into them in the sheds to keep them going. I can’t see any of that style at the Warriors

If Harris was up for it, I'd back him

Blake Green or Adam Blair are probably more obvious candidates- unfortunately, neither's form warrant obvious and automatic selection

BLN2

Juniors
There should be no way we let any players go without a player in return. And not a loan player either. We have 22 total fit players in our squad after next week apparently, including Berry, Turner and Ale (the last 2 guys should get runs anyway).

I'd be asking for Tom Dearden, possibly O'Sullivan (he might be injured for the season though, and is managed by Moses). Dearden is a kicking halfback, which we obviously don't have. Thought he was great for them last season. If they want Green, we should squeeze every bit of value out of him in a trade deal.. Seibold has to perform now - He'll be thinking short term. We should be thinking the opposite.

With Keighran returning from injury soon, not sure what Payten thinks of him or Turner, but you have CHT and Nikorima around. We'll have options in the halves. We could ask for a forward, because the Broncos are stacked with props.

When we lose our wingers I still think the depth is there if Payten has the balls, rather than getting a shitty 20 game loan 4th in line player.

Pompey and Hiku would be my wings, with Keighran, Herbert, Perham and Beale battling for a centre shirt. Looking at that list, we need a fast winger really. Haven't seen anything out of Pompey to suggest he's anything more than a slow big winger, like Ken in his first couple of seasons.

We'll probably end up with Jordan Kahu :(

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
If Harris was up for it, I'd back him

Blake Green or Adam Blair are probably more obvious candidates- unfortunately, neither's form warrant obvious and automatic selection
Harris is just like RTS though, lead by actions type, not very vocal which is what we are lacking

TheDMC

Bench
I'm hearing the loan players don't want to come to the Warriors.
That wouldn't make sense though, if they aren't getting regular game time for their first grade team then they are getting no game time. Stint with warriors is perfect to keep match fit and/or 'test' how they handle first grade.

TheDMC

Bench
And by the way, when the horse is dead, you don't dismount, you flog the bastard until its really f**king dead.

Big Marn

Juniors
That wouldn't make sense though, if they aren't getting regular game time for their first grade team then they are getting no game time. Stint with warriors is perfect to keep match fit and/or 'test' how they handle first grade.
Maybe they are worried about their "brand" being damaged by being in a team that is getting flogged?
But yeah, i dont get it either. Its about taking your opportunities when they are given right?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would pack Green's bags for him.

Thanks for your service.

Give the kid - Chanel - some experience.

FFS.

Matua

Bench
Have we ever been more broken than this? I don't think so.

On RTS, as others note there's only him and Tohu who are nailed on starters each week.

Also, Egan is the most ponderous 9 I've seen in years. His pace of game seems more suited to golden oldies than first grade NRL.

Sheesh Sunday sucked with the Chiefs losing in the last 5 and then the Warriors getting beaten like a redhead step child.

TheDMC

Bench
Have we ever been more broken than this? I don't think so.

Maybe we needed to finally be utterly broken before we can be fixed? Being partially broken for nearly a decade didn't lead to a fix.

What other clubs have been this broken in recent times? Parra and Newcastle come to mind....they got a new horse, maybe we can too.