What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the Warriors new coach?

Leber

Bench
Greens no Griffin or Hasler, but he'd be a massive upgrade on Kearney.

I'd be content with Green, but part of me hopes we hold on to Payten for another year and make a massive play for someone like Hasler.

Leber

Bench
[QUOTE="JJ, post: 14228069, member: 6136"I think the second grand final without Thurstone was a pretty decent effort...
[/QUOTE]

That was more impressive than the GF win I reckon.

According to Ben Ikin the Walker brothers interview technique is different, they will tell you all the good things about the club and players, not the bad and what needs to be fixed.
Apparently have walked in saying they don't need a 3 year plan, if we no good after 12 months then let us go. They have successful business's and its not a money thing more about the opportunity.

Also on 360 they saying owner stating he has his seasoned figure but they have a year to run on their contract. So they listed Green, Bellamy and Bennett.

Green just became available.

Last edited:

Leber

Bench
Apart from the last 2 and a half years, Greens record has been very, very good. 2 GF's apperances with the cowboys, back to back premierships with Wynum Manly, and premierships as an assistant coach with Brisbane and the Roosters. Pretty good.

The question remains though, can he rebuild a club. Thats probably what we are after.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Can’t see Bennett happening, he has only coached squads full of rep guys that are right up in the hunt, has never started from the bottom and built a club up and I don’t see him starting that in his final years

Penrose_11

Juniors
Bennett def not coming to NZ as has stated wants to remain in Aus to be near his son. Green is being lined up for Brisbane job and will head there if given the chance. Unless we head down the Toovey path (can’t see it) or Griffen option (quite possibly) i can see us going with Walker brothers. Unfortunately for Payten, interim coach of a team getting beat up on is kind of a poisoned chalice

Big Marn

Juniors
Bennett def not coming to NZ as has stated wants to remain in Aus to be near his son. Green is being lined up for Brisbane job and will head there if given the chance. Unless we head down the Toovey path (can’t see it) or Griffen option (quite possibly) i can see us going with Walker brothers. Unfortunately for Payten, interim coach of a team getting beat up on is kind of a poisoned chalice
Payten would be in the running for Cowboys coach if they are looking for an immediate hire, so we could be left with Tony Iro or Justin Morgan soon.

JJ

Immortal
Payten would be in the running for Cowboys coach if they are looking for an immediate hire, so we could be left with Tony Iro or Justin Morgan soon.
Only Iro would be at Kearney-esque levels of WTF... but seriously, why does he have a job...

Concerned that the Walkers seem to be leading - that'd be weird... still mumblings about Bennett

JJ

Immortal
Interview the Walkers and Peyten, but not Toovey... classy

I don't think Toovey is necessarily the answer, but no interview???? I'm losing even more faith, and these are the f**ktards that signed Kearney

JJ

Immortal
I think a march on Mt Smart is called for... I am just not sure whether it's bring back Bluey, or bring back Happy Frank... I suspect Kemp would be priced out of the market

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Here's my gut feel, or potential wild take on how they're doing it and how they're going to sell it.

Mark Robinson seems to be (or think he is) a maverick. He calls the shots. He'll pick a coach out of leftfield, like the Walker bros, or someone that no one in the general public would expect (ie why Toovey didn't get an interview, too obvious). He'll sell it that going to the 'obvious' choices like a Toovey, a Griffin etc who have had some success isn't for us, because they've had time in the NRL and haven't won anything. And because he's such a revolutionary thinker, he's gone for - let's say the Walkers - because we need to think different.

I couldn't disagree more, we need someone to get us back to the finals and experience what winning feels like, and build a culture back in slowly. Sounds like the Walkers say they come in and expect results straight away, which will be music to Robinson's ears. From Ikin said, sounds like they come in and blow smoke up arses too, which might be a sweet tune to our owners too.

Might be left field but that's the way I see it playing out.

Rich102

Staff member
How about:
Autex makes carpets and mats.
Things to be trod on.
Warriors are are a perfect example that should be retained.

Toovey came close (2nd I think) to SK the last time around.

Besides 4 years. What has changed this time around to not even qualify for an interview?

There must be something on Toovs that we the public don't know about or these clowns are inept.

I am going with the latter.

Why oh why do we get worse owners and management each time?

Latest posts