What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Big Pete

Referee
I can't believe it took 8 months post-Survivor Series to put the NXT title on Lee. It's been a long time coming but it's the right choice and I hope they make hay while the sun is shining. If it was up to me, I'd be considering a push for the SmackDown title by the 2021 Wrestlemania season.

I still need to check the match out, I'm a little behind. The last thing I watched was Morrison-Riddle from SmackDown which was a fantastic performance from Morrison, maybe one of his best in-ring performances in WWE. Sometimes he can be a little too graceful, but he really matched Riddle in the striking game.

a show with some okay matches let down by terrible finishes. I guess you could say it was a horror show.
2 non-starters (1 a title match), another 2 with stupid finishes (another 1 a title match), and the Nicholas Cage version of Wickerman for the main event. The Tag Titles and WWE Title matches were rather good, but f**k me they were overshadowed by the rest of the BS.

2 non-starters (1 a title match), another 2 with stupid finishes (another 1 a title match), and the Nicholas Cage version of Wickerman for the main event. The Tag Titles and WWE Title matches were rather good, but f**k me they were overshadowed by the rest of the BS.

Only wwe could make Seth vs Rey suck with a stupid stipulation and cringe finish. Suggestion for summerslam, put the two of them out there for 20 minutes and let them have a normal match (it will probably be pretty good).

Big Pete

Referee
Raw Underground, Eye For An Eye, The Corporate Ladder Money in the Bank match etc. etc. just seem like the WWE taking these crazy ideas and translating them into a Pro Wrestling environment. I don't think it's going to do a lot for long term business, so hopefully as time passes and society begins to get a grip on Covid they can start putting the pieces together for some serious programs. Right now that appears to be the exception as opposed to the rule with McIntyre-Orton and Bayley/Banks-Asuka being the only real programs.

There were some good lines in the McIntyre-Orton exchange but it largely came across as a moan from McIntyre. "I was at my lowest ebb and where were you Randy?!" who cares Drew? You're a grown man in a dog eat dog environment, of course he isn't going to support you. That side tangent actually made me want to side with Randy, what a ridiculous point.

Before that, I liked the parrallel between the two and how they were cut from the same cloth. I could buy into that and I see Drew being someone who followed Randy's example and he's disgusted with himself for wasting half his career being a coward. Orton represents every insecurity, weakness and wasted piece of potential and for the sake of the lockeroom, he is going to destroy him at SummerSlam.

Styles clash

Juniors
Raw Underground, Eye For An Eye, The Corporate Ladder Money in the Bank match etc. etc. just seem like the WWE taking these crazy ideas and translating them into a Pro Wrestling environment. I don't think it's going to do a lot for long term business, so hopefully as time passes and society begins to get a grip on Covid they can start putting the pieces together for some serious programs. Right now that appears to be the exception as opposed to the rule with McIntyre-Orton and Bayley/Banks-Asuka being the only real programs.

Before COVID-19 I think Undisputed Era were moving to Raw or SmackDown after WrestleMania. They held it off because no crowds. Paid crowds are nowhere near returning so wouldn't surprise if they did it after SummerSlam.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wwe is so stale...you have the same guys running the show that were there in 1987 though, so what can you expect?

WWE is terrible, and has been for ages.

Asuka is facing Banks - let's make her win the Battle Royal, and face Bailey, as well.

Meanwhile, Shayna Baszler, Bianca Belair, and Lacey Evans waste away with nothing to do.

Bray VS Braun...yawn.

I like the Monday Night Messiah angle, because Rollins is always good, and Buddy Murphy is getting time in the spotlight.

But overall, the company is putting out a terrible product.

Last edited:

Styles clash

Juniors
WWE is terrible, and has been for ages.

Asuka is facing Banks - let's make her win the Battle Royal, and face Bailey, as well.

Meanwhile, Shauna Baszler, Bianca Belair, and Lacey Evans waste away with nothing to do.

Bray VS Braun...yawn.

I like the Monday Night Messiah angle, because Rollins is always good, and Buddy Murphy is getting time in the spotlight.

But overall, the company is putting out a terrible product.

WWE now is dog shit. NXT was an exception for a few years but has been ruined with Vince McMahon getting involved. Until he goes there's no hope.

Asuka going after both titles is interesting I guess, but the women’s division is still being built around 2-3 names as it always has been.

I know I am in the minority but I really couldn’t care for the inevitable Sasha/Bayley split and feud. It’s been teased, started and stopped so many times over the past 2.5 years that I really don’t care anymore. Their partnership is fine I guess, but I probably won’t care for either one as a face.

Latest posts