What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Bulldogs

epDragon62

First Grade
Acknowledging that we have a long way to go, and enjoying a victory are not mutually exclusive.

I said it during the game and I will say it again. I have gone 180 on hoping for a loss. The badge means more to me than i thought. Even at my age.
Under no circumstances am I able to wish for a loss.

McGregor is still incompetent and having him out of the way is essential.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Under no circumstances am I able to wish for a loss.

McGregor is still incompetent and having him out of the way is essential.

100% agree.
But we are in a real void of uncertainty.

Going on what @The calm one said, and his mail from 'Owen' is pretty good, make the 8 this year he stays. That equates to winning games, which is of course what we all want, however, that means Mc85 stays AT LEAST for next year. Add to this is that Flanno isn't signed past this year at present and if he goes no doubt we are back to 5 hit ups and a mid-field bomb.

If we lose games and don't make the 8 then he's gone. New coach, some pulling power as far as recruiting and possibly playing exciting expansive football.

This is our unfortunate position. One we should never have been in.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
100% agree.

Going on what @The calm one said, and his mail from 'Owen' is pretty good, make the 8 this year he stays. That equates to winning games, which is of course what we all want, however, that means Mc85 stays AT LEAST for next year. Add to this is that Flanno isn't signed past this year at present and if he goes no doubt we are back to 5 hit ups and a mid-field bomb.

If we lose games and don't make the 8 then he's gone. New coach, some pulling power as far as recruiting and possibly playing exciting expansive football.

Making the top eight by itself is not a successful season.

possm

Coach
100% agree.

It all depends on the Board's ideas with regards to an interim coach. If the idea is to give Dean Young the job, I rather the status quo mainly because there would be a big chance that Craig Young wiould lead the charge for Dean to be given a three year extension.

The ideal scenario would be for Flanagan to be allowed to assume the head coach position but remain on his current salary until is suspension is up. In this way Flanagan would be the interim coach and depending on his success, would be extended at the end of 2021.

True_Believer

Juniors
Acknowledging that we have a long way to go, and enjoying a victory are not mutually exclusive.

I said it during the game and I will say it again. I have gone 180 on hoping for a loss. The badge means more to me than i thought. Even at my age.

I've never been able to hope for a loss. I want Mary gone as much as the next guy, but I still want the team to win.

FlameThrower

Bench
It all depends on the Board's ideas with regards to an interim coach. If the idea is to give Dean Young the job, I rather the status quo mainly because there would be a big chance that Craig Young wiould lead the charge for Dean to be given a three year extension.

The ideal scenario would be for Flanagan to be allowed to assume the head coach position but remain on his current salary until is suspension is up. In this way Flanagan would be the interim coach and depending on his success, would be extended at the end of 2021.
Huge risk waiting for 2022 to get Flanagan. He may end up back at the Sharks?
Right now all of the media spotlight has been taken off the Dragons, with Broncos, Cowboys and Warriors the talking point. We’ve improved, team is singing the winning song...so it’s all forgotten. The Club and board are not known to forward plan and are incredibly slow to make any decision. Which means we usually miss out on best options.

Old Timer

Coach
100% agree.

If we make the 8 this year you can bet your bottom dollar they will declare that
  • The Gould review at the end of 2019 has proven correct.
  • Mc Fookknuckle has finished his long apprenticeship and has conformed his status as a career coach.
  • He has triumphed through adversity and under the weight of unrealistically high expectations from an overly expectant fan base..
  • The club has proven that the stick and stay plan has worked out whilst other clubs have been forced to sack coaches due to ongoing failures.
  • The playing group has accepted their roles in rebuilding the club and now understand where Mc Fookknuckle is coming from.
  • In light of coaching vacancies appearing at other clubs on a regular basis the club has decided to ensure ongoing stability and a new 3 year contract has been put forward for the ever improving Mc Fookknuckle to consider.

Walpole

Juniors

Absolutely this. It's far more enjoyable to forget about who's in the coaches box for 80 minutes and just support the team. The weekends a lot brighter after a win, no matter who we beat. Even found myself cheering on Norman's scintillating "sprint" to the tryline.

possm

Coach
If we make the 8 this year you can bet your bottom dollar they will declare that
  • Mc Fookknuckle has finished his long apprenticeship and has conformed his status as a career coach.
  • He has triumphed through adversity and under the weight of unrealistically high expectations from an overly expectant fan base..
  • The club has proven that the stick and stay plan has worked out whilst other clubs have been forced to sack coaches due to ongoing failures.
  • The playing group has accepted their roles in rebuilding the club and now understand where Mc Fookknuckle is coming from.
  • In light of coaching vacancies appearing at other clubs on a regular basis the club has decided to ensure ongoing stability and a new 3 year contract has been put forward for the ever improving Mc Fookknuckle to consider.
I'm confident that the Board and CEO are aware of the fact that Flanagan has played a lead role in getting the Dragons back on track. This fact won't get lost when future dicisions are made on the appointment of head coach.

Out of interest OT - what would they spin and declare if we didn't make the 8?

possm

Coach
100% agree.

The problem is, who will replace Mary?

SnowDragon

Juniors
If the plan is to get Flanagan, they still need a head coach for 2021.

if the current situation improves to the end of 2020, we make they 8 for example, surely one option is to sign Flanagan as head coach from 22 and keep Mary for 21?

Alternately the make young or one of the others head coach? (And pay out Mary)
Or sign an alternative head coach for. 2021?

SBD82

Coach
If the plan is to get Flanagan, they still need a head coach for 2021.

if the current situation improves to the end of 2020, we make they 8 for example, surely one option is to sign Flanagan as head coach from 22 and keep Mary for 21?

Alternately the make young or one of the others head coach? (And pay out Mary)
Or sign an alternative head coach for. 2021?
If the plan is for Flanagan to coach in 2022 I can’t see any reason to get rid of Mary. No coach that is worth having would take a one year contract, especially if they are then subject to the limitations that Mary currently has on him.

Leave Mary to do press conferences and video, and have flanno working on attack and defence while allowing him input into recruitment. Then Flanno can hit the ground running in 2022.

Otherwise, sign a long term coach for 2021 and let them do their thing.

hazzbeen

Bench
If the plan is for Flanagan to coach in 2022 I can’t see any reason to get rid of Mary. No coach that is worth having would take a one year contract, especially if they are then subject to the limitations that Mary currently has on him.

Leave Mary to do press conferences and video, and have flanno working on attack and defence while allowing him input into recruitment. Then Flanno can hit the ground running in 2022.

Otherwise, sign a long term coach for 2021 and let them do their thing.
If they are to give Flanno the coaching job in 2020 it has to pan out the way you say ....

Latest posts