What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 Vs Titans @Cbus Super Stadium - Sunday 26th July 4pm

I think he has the right skill set to play the position in attack, just worried about if he can handle the defensive side of it. Lack of experience also worries me a bit but it it wouldn’t surprise me if he can handle it well.

Defence is a hard one to predict, but he’s quick and he’s put on a decent amount of muscle. Maybe not ready to handle it full time, but a game against the Titans seems like a decent place to start.

GongPanther

Referee
Talk on both NRL360 and 100% Footy that Burton may be Bulldogs bound, even though he is under contract until 2021. Let us hope it is just media putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 as they will do.
Both 360 and 100% Footy got that story, albeit unconfirmed supposition, from the online DT.

IF true, at least Crichton's name is not in the mix, as he IMO, is our main concern as far as signing up long term.

martielang

Bench
We're likely going to lose 1 or 2 we want to keep. That's the price of success in a salary capped league especially when there is currently such a big divide between good & bad teams.

That's life.

snickers007

Juniors
Our CEO has come out and said that we're well into negotiations to extend for both Burton and Crichton.
If Barrett is made official AND the negotiations suddenly go cold, you can imagine that we'll be on the phone to the NRL about breaches of the anti-tampering arrangements.

Seize their phones, audit their emails and social media.

Especially if they sign on with the Dogs in the first week of November.

I mean, we all know that these kinds of approaches and negotiations happen - but we should be playing hardball here if anything suss starts to happen.

mxlegend99

Referee
Throw Burton into the centres IMO. Got May / Burns as replacement options if he struggles (although no way could he have a bigger shocker than Burnsy last week).

Our best chance at keeping him is if we can fill a hole in our top 17 with him. Centre is the biggest concern. Edwards has been incredible this season and with his passing game evolving I wouldn't be worried about his successor just yet. Staines and Laurie can fight for that position in the next few year. With Staines being a very handy wing option too

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday.

The Panthers will field a new-look spine and their least experienced line-up of the season, with Dylan Edwards (hamstring), Dean Whare (thigh) and Apisai Koroisau (elbow) sidelined through injury.

The trio joins Zane Tetevano, Kurt Capewell, Brian To'o and Jed Cartwright in the club's rehabilitation crew.

Caleb Aekins returns at fullback, Mitch Kenny has been handed his first starting role for 2020 and winger Malakai Watene-Zelezniak makes his first NRL appearance since Round 8 last year.

The club has again received an exemption from the NRL to select Lindsay Smith on the extended bench, where he is joined by development players Pat Hollis and Daine Laurie.

The Panthers will wear the pink 2020 Alternate Jersey.
1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Signace
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Daine LAURIE - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Lindsay SMITH - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Pat HOLLIS - sponsored by Brightside Music

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I hope there is a re-jig come game day.

I think maybe it's seen as a good move to rest api and his elbow. I have a feeling he's one of the players who were unhappy or unwilling to have flu shots, so entering Qld may have been an issue. Maybe this game was seen as the perfect opportunity.

Api being missing does hurt bad.

I think Dane Laurie will come in at fullback an hour before kickoff.

WestyLife

First Grade
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday.

The Panthers will field a new-look spine and their least experienced line-up of the season, with Dylan Edwards (hamstring), Dean Whare (thigh) and Apisai Koroisau (elbow) sidelined through injury.

The trio joins Zane Tetevano, Kurt Capewell, Brian To'o and Jed Cartwright in the club's rehabilitation crew.

Caleb Aekins returns at fullback, Mitch Kenny has been handed his first starting role for 2020 and winger Malakai Watene-Zelezniak makes his first NRL appearance since Round 8 last year.

The club has again received an exemption from the NRL to select Lindsay Smith on the extended bench, where he is joined by development players Pat Hollis and Daine Laurie.

The Panthers will wear the pink 2020 Alternate Jersey.
1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management