What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Presidents Cup & Sydney Shield

MountainMan

Juniors
Cronulla Caringbah should win the Shield comp hands down with the side they have. Stacked with Ex Massey/NSW Cup and NRL players
Penani and Licha are the former NRL players .
Garlick and Tramontana have played some Nsw Cup.
Mataitonga,Chahood and King have played in the RMC .
The rest are local Cronulla district players.The spine will carry this team,but every spine needs some punch in the middle.
Belrose and ECE have the same if not more experience on paper,as would Wenty depending on the week and who drops from their RMC.
I’d say it’s a 4 race competition in the shield between the 4 teams I’v mentioned, Moorebank will be the smokey .

rightleftin

Juniors
The rest are local Cronulla district players.The spine will carry this team,but every spine needs some punch in the middle.
Belrose and ECE have the same if not more experience on paper,as would Wenty depending on the week and who drops from their RMC.
I’d say it’s a 4 race competition in the shield between the 4 teams I’v mentioned, Moorebank will be the smokey .

That does look like a very good SS team. Maitatonga also played a season in English Super League.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It would be great to know who is playing but the NRL took over the match system, wiping out 15 years of junior league history and then come up with a clearly unworkable system. Wollongong Wests get the award for putting 16 out of 17 in but many of the other teams are full of hiddens who have scored a lot of tries and goals today, not only in the state comps but the junior leagues are full of them also.

The NSWRL has posted a photo from the Cronulla Caringbah game which confirms that Michael Liccha was one of the hiddens that scored in that game.
As I understand SportsTG abandoned rugby league, but could be wrong.

In the state comps, re scorers, I can only see the following missing:
Shield - Cron Cbah 1 try, 4 goals
Pres - Norths 1 try
Womens Prem - all scorers accounted for

They also have

DJ Lokeni-Purcell & Dane Malone who have played Massey

Callum Tutauha who played a fair bit of Cup for Cronulla.

rightleftin

Juniors
The hidden that scored for Hills in the 17th minute is Adam Fernley, who ironically is a Western Rams junior. Hills are overpowering the Rams in the forwards. 10-0 at 1/4 time.

The Hills forwards have been giving ex teammate, Harry Seijka a hard time but he landed a counter punch by producing a little kick that was fumbled for the Rams to score. Hills 10-4 at half time.

Last edited:

True Blue

Juniors
The hidden that scored for Hills in the 17th minute is Adam Fernley, who ironically is a Western Rams junior. Hills are overpowering the Rams in the forwards. 10-0 at 1/4 time.

The Hills forwards have been giving ex teammate, Harry Seijka a hard time but he landed a counter punch by producing a little kick that was fumbled for the Rams to score. Hills 10-4 at half time.
The PlayNRL site that NSWRL have referred us to is full of "Hiddens" in the Team lists. Got no idea who is playing unless you see the team sheet at the ground or you are part of a club......unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

rightleftin

Juniors
The PlayNRL site that NSWRL have referred us to is full of "Hiddens" in the Team lists. Got no idea who is playing unless you see the team sheet at the ground or you are part of a club......unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Yeah you are looking in the right place. It is hard to understand why some players can be inserted and others not. I look for other sources to try to find out what is going on. The other thing is all the times on the scoring is wrong so Hills 2nd try in Presidents Cup was scored in the 17th minute but it is list as 23 being how many minutes remain in the half. This means that all points in every game are deemed to have occurred rin the 1st half.

Ryde Eastwood had to work a bit harder than expected to beat Hills 36-26. Hills relegated Chris McCoy, Bruce Ward and Dave Baumann were relegated from the Presidents Cup team and 44 year old Mick Hawkings returned after a few seasons in the Country. The 2 hidden players scored 3 tries.

Ryde Eastwood have picked up Ed Carter and Anthony Risk has returned after playing both grades for Cabra in round 1 as has Bennett Wheelhouse, who had moved to Guildford to join his brothers. They had 3 hidden tries as well as 4 goals.

Maitland beat Wenty 32-24. Maitland dropped the ball from the kickoff but Wenty failed to take advantage and Maitland dominated the next hour, cutting Wenty to pieces whilst administering bone jarring defence to lead 32-6. Wenty made it respectable in the latter parts of the game but Maitland look the team to beat.

Wenty had Brad Keighran, Elie El Zhakem and Eli Levido, who all played NSW Cup for Parramatta in March as well as Ethan Parry, who has been cut from Parra's top 30. Eli Roberts has also returned after his defecting to Asquith.

Hills has picked up Dean Matterson from Mounties, Adam Fearnley from Penrith and Luke Hodge from Asquith (in addition to Jerry Key and Shane Kiel as previously posted).

rightleftin

Juniors
The Wenty team was:

1. Omar Slaimankhel
2. Nick Walker
3. Eli Roberts
4. Josh Minhinnick
5. Ethan Parry
15. Henry Raiwalui
7. Eli Levido
8. Adam Spicer
9. Brad Keighran
22. Charles Shepherd
12. Elie El-Zakhem
16. Brandon Shoveller
13. Blake Cook
Reserves:-
14. Ryan Pritchard
10. Dayne Vette-Welsh
11. Piki Rogers
21. Carl Winterstein

The hidden that scored a try & 4 goals for Maitland was Brock Lamb. The hidden that scored a try for Western Rams was Mitch Andrews from Forbes.

Yeah you are looking in the right place. It is hard to understand why some players can be inserted and others not. I look for other sources to try to find out what is going on. The other thing is all the times on the scoring is wrong so Hills 2nd try in Presidents Cup was scored in the 17th minute but it is list as 23 being how many minutes remain in the half. This means that all points in every game are deemed to have occurred rin the 1st half.

Ryde Eastwood had to work a bit harder than expected to beat Hills 36-26. Hills relegated Chris McCoy, Bruce Ward and Dave Baumann were relegated from the Presidents Cup team and 44 year old Mick Hawkings returned after a few seasons in the Country. The 2 hidden players scored 3 tries.

Ryde Eastwood have picked up Ed Carter and Anthony Risk has returned after playing both grades for Cabra in round 1 as has Bennett Wheelhouse, who had moved to Guildford to join his brothers. They had 3 hidden tries as well as 4 goals.

Maitland beat Wenty 32-24. Maitland dropped the ball from the kickoff but Wenty failed to take advantage and Maitland dominated the next hour, cutting Wenty to pieces whilst administering bone jarring defence to lead 32-6. Wenty made it respectable in the latter parts of the game but Maitland look the team to beat.

Wenty had Brad Keighran, Elie El Zhakem and Eli Levido, who all played NSW Cup for Parramatta in March as well as Ethan Parry, who has been cut from Parra's top 30. Eli Roberts has also returned after his defecting to Asquith.

Hills has picked up Dean Matterson from Mounties, Adam Fearnley from Penrith and Luke Hodge from Asquith (in addition to Jerry Key and Shane Kiel as previously posted).

I ventured out to the game at TG Milner.

In edition to the three players mentioned above, last years Tigers Flegg captain Curtis Wilson is also playing for Ryde. He was goal kicking for them today.

Also Hills had Kyle Cassel playing for them

Sydney Shield Round 2

Saturday

12:45pm - Sydney University v Belrose Eagles @ Henson Park

3:10pm - Helensburgh Tigers v Ryde Eastwood Hawks @ Rex Jackson Oval

6pm - Wentworthville Magpies v Hills District Bulls @ Ringrose Park

Presidents Cup Round 2

Saturday

2pm - Wentworthville v Hills District Bulls @ Ringrose Park

3pm - Glebe Burwood Wolves v North Sydney Bears @ Henson Park

3.10pm - Wests Wollongong v Western Rams @ Sid Parrish Park

3.30pm - Maitland Pickers v Dubbo CYMS @ Maitland Sports Ground

Pantherman72

Juniors
Sydney Shield Round 2

Saturday

12:45pm - Sydney University v Belrose Eagles @ Henson Park

3:10pm - Helensburgh Tigers v Ryde Eastwood Hawks @ Rex Jackson Oval

6pm - Wentworthville Magpies v Hills District Bulls @ Ringrose Park

Presidents Cup Round 2

Saturday

2pm - Wentworthville v Hills District Bulls @ Ringrose Park

3pm - Glebe Burwood Wolves v North Sydney Bears @ Henson Park

3.10pm - Wests Wollongong v Western Rams @ Sid Parrish Park

3.30pm - Maitland Pickers v Dubbo CYMS @ Maitland Sports Ground

Any people allowed in at Wenty games this weekend?

rightleftin

Juniors
After seeing the SS highlights I think the hidden 7 for Ryde Eastwood was Jack Ryan, another product of the East Hills Bulldogs, taking the spot of his junior teammate Mitch Gray.