What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

sco22

Juniors
If any player kicked over the top , retrieved the ball and scored a 90 metre try they would be dropped by the present coach for not playing "dragons footy ". Th only time this side has played what is in front of them was the semi against the Broncos in 18. I'm convinced the players got together and decided to f**k off the so called game plans and just have a red hot go.
:thumbsup:

jackyboi90

Juniors
Latest red v podcast episode is here!

Latest dragons news including JDB court update and player movements within the dragons.
Review the win against Manly and pick out who were the stars for the Red V. Mitch Jennings from the Illawarra Mercury drops by to chat about the dragons spine.
Plus preview the match against the dogs, fans corner and remember them!

Listen on podbean, Spotify, apple podcasts and google.

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-c4xf4-e32b4f

Inisai Toga

Juniors
As usual a great podcast. Best commentary on the mighty Dragons.
I admire the passion, however, I think it still needs some polish. A little to much overlap of saying the same thing and stretching 40 minutes of content into 60. I also think that it sounds a bit like a news report rather that any deep analysis or did you know on offer, which the former player interviews provide.
At the moment it does sounds professional,if a bit superficial and reporting what you already know....

Disagree with their assessment of the first half of the Raiders game which was (in my opinion) not a total ‘right off’ 3 mistakes - 3 tries. Saints weren’t that terrible against a much bigger side and the worst place to play away.

Johnny devolges that Zac Lomax claims he is benefiting from playing in same position. However, he thinks last week Norman should be dropped but now this week both he and Hunt should stay, due to not messing the spine around. Fair enough, but maybe like Lomax, Norman, Hunt and Clune are NOW ALL benefiting from the stability and combinations that develop without the chop and change and finally being in their ‘better fit’ positions.

Also, would of preferred Michael Bolt’s segment positioned better than being tagged on the end of the boring questions that fans often ask.

Still enjoy it and well done.

Last edited:

jackyboi90

Juniors
I admire the passion, however, I think it still needs some polish. A little to much overlap of saying the same thing and stretching 40 minutes of content into 60. I also think that it sounds a bit like a news report rather that any deep analysis or did you know on offer, which the former player interviews provide.
At the moment it does sounds professional,if a bit superficial and reporting what you already know....

Disagree with their assessment of the first half of the Raiders game which was (in my opinion) not a total ‘right off’ 3 mistakes - 3 tries. Saints weren’t that terrible against a much bigger side and the worst place to play away.

Johnny devolges that Zac Lomax claims he is benefiting from playing in same position. However, he thinks last week Norman should be dropped but now this week both he and Hunt should stay, due to not messing the spine around. Fair enough, but maybe like Lomax, Norman, Hunt and Clune are NOW ALL benefiting from the stability and combinations that develop without the chop and change and finally being in their ‘better fit’ positions.

Also, would of preferred Michael Bolt’s segment positioned better than being tagged on the end of the boring questions that fans often ask.

Still enjoy it and well done.

thanks for the feedback mate and for listening to the pod, don’t take any listeners for granted. Will take your feedback on board.
Cheers

getsmarty

Immortal
Personally think they are doing a good job...don't agree with some comments made ...eg Aitken and Millward....Millward should be judged when he has a decent coach to work with and third party...he is up against it at the moment....

Re Aitken...has had more than enough time in the Top grade...Williame offers much more...cut aitken loose...surely if we are going to eventually be serious about contending for the title...we need a better centre...hopefully the feagai bros could bring that to the table....

Most important ingredient...Get a proper COACH.

Dragsters

First Grade
Personally think they are doing a good job...don't agree with some comments made ...eg Aitken and Millward....Millward should be judged when he has a decent coach to work with and third party...he is up against it at the moment....

Re Aitken...has had more than enough time in the Top grade...Williame offers much more...cut aitken loose...surely if we are going to eventually be serious about contending for the title...we need a better centre...hopefully the feagai bros could bring that to the table....

Most important ingredient...Get a proper COACH.

Totally agree.

Aitken is the type of player that is easy for fans like me to dislike.

He can play, defensive issues aside, but has cruised for 3 seasons showing little commitment or willingness to work on his deficiencies.

Then, suddenly it's a contract year and he ups the effort factor by plenty.

Not good enough for me I'm afraid.

Not to be re-signed imo.

Williame does have far more upside...

getsmarty

Immortal
Totally agree.

Aitken is the type of player that is easy for fans like me to dislike.

He can play, defensive issues aside, but has cruised for 3 seasons showing little commitment or willingness to work on his deficiencies.

Then, suddenly it's a contract year and he ups the effort factor by plenty.

Not good enough for me I'm afraid.

Not to be re-signed imo.

Williame does have far more upside...

Well said.

getsmarty

Immortal
Great comments from @ jackyboi90 in the latest episode..." A fish rots at the Head " etc...accepting mediocrity....spot on...Johnny Peps comment in regards to the Souths game .." What If we won " we would be talking a totally different scenario with all due respect is totally wrong.

McGregor's whole career has been built on " What if's "...hence the nickname Mc85...referring to being 85 minutes away from the G.F....this is exactly the type of mediocrity our club would love our supporters to accept as the norm....

Ask yourself this question...would successful clubs like the Roosters or Storm be talking about "What if's "

Apart from this, great job and enjoyable listening.

Latest posts