What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homecoming Juniors

possm

Coach
In all honesty how did this thread get any legs at all?

Bird has major health and injury issues, has barely played a game in 3 years and has an existing contract with a massive pay day that he will milk for everything he can.

Besides all that we have high quality juniors on the books that will suffer the same fate he did if we bring him back as he will just be another busted journeyman blocking juniors.

Surely history won’t repeat itself this time?
All about Bird who most on here would not want to return. What about AFB? One of the best props in the competition these days. I'd welcome him back without question. However, he is not desperate to come back and it seems no former juniors who are doing well are interested in returning.

This says something about the Dragon's current management and the culture these people have developed.

Old Timer

Coach
The junior I would want back the most at this point in time is Fitzgibbon as the head coach.

He has done extremely well in all facets since leaving us and his return would potentially be the best thing to happen in the last 9 years.

possm

Coach
The junior I would want back the most at this point in time is Fitzgibbon as the head coach.

He has done extremely well in all facets since leaving us and his return would potentially be the best thing to happen in the last 9 years.
Another rookie but an assistant that helped to win two premierships. Not a bad option but still with some risk. So I woud offer a one year deal with an option of a further 3 years in the clubs favour. A performance clause must be included.

Old Timer

Coach
Another rookie but an assistant that helped to win two premierships. Not a bad option but still with some risk. So I woud offer a one year deal with an option of a further 3 years in the clubs favour. A performance clause must be included.
You'll never get anyone other than a dud on a 1 year deal.
Has to be 2 years with an option in our favour.

Walpole

Juniors
All about Bird who most on here would not want to return. What about AFB? One of the best props in the competition these days. I'd welcome him back without question. However, he is not desperate to come back and it seems no former juniors who are doing well are interested in returning.

This says something about the Dragon's current management and the culture these people have developed.
Not even 1 or 2 questions or issues you could think of?

possm

Coach
You'll never get anyone other than a dud on a 1 year deal.
Has to be 2 years with an option in our favour.
I've suggested a 4 year deal; the first year is performanced based is very important and then a further 3 years.

If he does not like ti then go for Shepherd for a year followed by Flanagan while all the time between now and the end of this season, negotiate with the NRL for a reduction in Flanagan's suspension period.

I think Mary's contract ends at the end of June 2021. So Shepherd from Nov 2020 till the end of June 2021 and then Flanagan for 3 years, announced and signed when the NRL argree to this idea.

FlameThrower

Bench
No to Jack Bird for obvious reasons.
No to Fitzgibbon as he’s had pretty cushy job at Roosters with Star filed roster, unlimited TPA, ambiguous Salary Cap and Top Tier resources at fingertips.
We need experienced Coach and someone who can guide the Playing Roster for next few years.
Unfortunately the coaching ranks are limited and I can only think of Shaun Wane & Anthony Griffin. Paul Green is free agent as also Nei Henry.
Will Flanagan be here in 2022?

Mjab

Juniors
Fitzgibbon has already stated he has a handshake deal at roosters with uncle Nick for next year and wont break it , so forget him for next year. I think he could be good in 2022.
Not all rookies are bad ie Obrien , we just had 2 shit rookies in a row who were failures

Maybe Wane would be Ok but sounds like he is likely to sign elsewhere as plenty jobs going at clubs with more guts than our club who have at least sacked their underperforming coaches

Griffin has been sacked at 2 clubs and has issues , no thanks . maybe for 1 year with option to us to have a clean out
Green , shit 2 years with better roster than ours , no thanks
Brown probably not a head coach give him Millwards job and he would excel
Toovey will be no good , I know people at Manly and he was actually pretty useless.

But hey I have heard Brian Smith might be available for day work after his Uber shift :p

boardlumps62

Juniors

OT talk about anyone you like there is so many that one would think we have no one to identify talent or the coach cant get them to the next level or wont give them a chance. Jack would never come back to Dragons unless he was desperate.
AFB well he is ok but again would come back left hanging out to dry but we signed Packer after he spent time behind bars.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Fitzgibbon has already stated he has a handshake deal at roosters with uncle Nick for next year and wont break it , so forget him for next year. I think he could be good in 2022.
Not all rookies are bad ie Obrien , we just had 2 shit rookies in a row who were failures

Maybe Wane would be Ok but sounds like he is likely to sign elsewhere as plenty jobs going at clubs with more guts than our club who have at least sacked their underperforming coaches

Griffin has been sacked at 2 clubs and has issues , no thanks . maybe for 1 year with option to us to have a clean out
Green , shit 2 years with better roster than ours , no thanks
Brown probably not a head coach give him Millwards job and he would excel
Toovey will be no good , I know people at Manly and he was actually pretty useless.

But hey I have heard Brian Smith might be available for day work after his Uber shift :p
Mjab did i hear on 360 Fittzgibbon doesnt want to leave Woolongong area. he might just be our man.

ALSGI

Bench
Only one I’d like back is Garrick even though I think both Rava and Saab will eventually be better.

Maybe the Morris twins on 1 year deals.

Otherwise none of the juniors that have left the Dragons.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Garrick can play wing, centre and fullback plus goalkicker and would be a handy acquisition when he comes off contract. He and Dufty were gun players along with Leilua in the Under 20's Team some 4 years ago.

_Johnsy

Referee
Broncos should honor the deal, instead of expecting another club to help clean up the mess they have created.

It's deals like this which artificially inflate the player market.
100% he should take up the option of another year. Boyd can do it, so should Bird.

Latest posts