What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Tweed Titan

Bench
The plethora of talent that their recruitment team should be identifying that will fill the gaps in their roster.

The young half from Penrith that is stuck behind Cleary would be a good start. Just don’t get into a golden point game with him. Play him alongside Foran but make him the general.

I’d also be looking at a couple of the young fullbacks that have been filling in for the panthers.

Then (and I hate saying this as a dragons fan) throw the farm at the best 9 in the game that isn’t currebtly being picked to start. Make him captain. Build your club around him.

Nah paying top dollar for wingers is a much better option. No winger/centre is worth $500k let alone $650k.

You spend money on spine players and very good forwards. You raid the bargain bin and find promising juniors for the outside backs.

Spot On

Coach
Nah paying top dollar for wingers is a much better option. No winger/centre is worth $500k let alone $650k.

You spend money on spine players and very good forwards. You raid the bargain bin and find promising juniors for the outside backs.

Souths have a winger on close to 700K.

SBD82

Coach
How’s that working out for them?

To be fair they’ll probably just medically retire him and give him a job for life folding paper airplanes for $350k pa.
Not even the NRL would be able to spin it so that people would believe that he’s capable of that job description.

BadnMean

Juniors
Not even the NRL would be able to spin it so that people would believe that he’s capable of that job description.

Was gonna suggest he just be the guy who hands the paper to the aeroplane folder- but realised he'd struggle to make the pass...

nick87

Coach
Even dick fingers Montoya offers more than Kerrod Holland
He's a good signing... solid upgrade for what is probably very low costs. He's not going to change the game for the dogs but will provide a higher level of comptency. That's what they need in the backs imo, to just incrementally get better without over paying on the market

aqua_duck

Coach
I really think Cotric will go good at the Dogs. Good kid, good player.

Honestly they'll get more from $650k to Nic than they will out of any of the other dopey contracts they've signed.
Not hard to outperform Napa and DWZ. I like Cotric as a player but my worry is he'll be pigeon holed into the centres to justify the value of the contract and I'm not convinced he's a centre. Whatever position he plays he'll still be by far and away the best outside back they've got

BadnMean

Juniors
Not hard to outperform Napa and DWZ. I like Cotric as a player but my worry is he'll be pigeon holed into the centres to justify the value of the contract and I'm not convinced he's a centre. Whatever position he plays he'll still be by far and away the best outside back they've got

He was a centre in majority of junior career. So it's familiar & he knows the defence.

He doesn't quite have the top line speed of some wingers, but he busts tackles for fun. That spells centre. He's footy smart in general & can combine /pass as witnessed in his breakout year 2017 with Toots.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if his career path is like Ruben Wiki/ Jason Croker/ Luke Lewis & goes wing, centre, backrow but he's pretty bloody good wherever he gets put.

I think he'll be just as good centre as wing in the medium term. But if Foran stays injured & he's running off Cogger, Lewis & a forward pack with Tolman & a bunch of plodders he might be pissing into the wind for a year r two.

shear_joy9

Coach
I reckon Cotric could be a top 5 fullback if given a decent shot at it. He's someone you want to give as much ball as possible and him running on the back of a overlap or offloads in the ruck would be devastating

Massive lol @ Raiders fans in here melting down. 600k is bang on the money for Cotric and may even look like unders next season. Wingers are more important than ever before and they have Cotric for his best years.

Also, can you blame Cotric for leaving? He gets more money and doesn't have to play outside that absolute nuffy Croker.

Zadar

Juniors
Cotric should have asked for more money now that Barrett is going to waste 3 years of his footy career.

Barrett made turbo, turned him into rep player too. The manly club should be forever in his debt, How quickly fans forget......