What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Wizardman

First Grade
I just saw Caddyshack this afternoon. Im going to make a controversial call. I hated it. It had the odd good gag but I found it very boring in the end. With such a great cast, I expected a lot better.

One of the most overrated comedies of all time. One out of five for me.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I just saw Caddyshack this afternoon. Im going to make a controversial call. I hated it. It had the odd good gag but I found it very boring in the end. With such a great cast, I expected a lot better.

One of the most overrated comedies of all time. One out of five for me.

Chevy Chase is the most overrated comedian of all time. Other than a couple of the Vacation movies, his humour fails to hit the mark.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Chevy Chase is the most overrated comedian of all time. Other than a couple of the Vacation movies, his humour fails to hit the mark.
Probably my favourite movie with Chevy is 3 amigos. Apart from that and some of the Vacation movies I’m not much of a fan.

Believe it or not this movie was released July 3rd 1985 40th anniversary

View attachment 39732

As a 9 year old in 1985, I absolutely wanted to see this movie purely off the poster.

It is one of the great 80s films. The sequels were pretty good too.

A few years ago, someone said they were thinking of remaking it, with Doc Brown played by Nicholas Cage. That could have worked IMHO.

Generalzod

Immortal
As a 9 year old in 1985, I absolutely wanted to see this movie purely off the poster.

It is one of the great 80s films. The sequels were pretty good too.

A few years ago, someone said they were thinking of remaking it, with Doc Brown played by Nicholas Cage. That could have worked IMHO.
put the flux capacitor back in the box

horrie hastings

First Grade
The House That Would Not Die

An early 70's made for TV movie about a house that was haunted by the spirits of two people, one who was murdered there in the 1700's. A woman inherits the house and moves in with her niece, the niece is taken over by the spirit of the girl who was murdered there , lots of cliches trotted out with slamming and opening doors and wind blown curtains but it remains an interesting tale and solves the case of the girl who was reported as missing but who really was murdered by her father when she tried to elope with her young love but was murdered by her father and buried under the house. Very dated movie but a good cast starring Barbara Stanwyck, Richard Egan and Kitty Winn.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Alita Battle Angel. No knowledge of the manga it’s based on so no expectations. I enjoyed it the longer it went on. Wouldn’t mind if a sequel was made but not too fussed if it doesn’t happen. Worth a watch if you haven’t seen it.

PJ

First Grade
Greyhound. 7/10. Apparently the original idea (and I believe shoot) was just Hanks captaining the ship and all on the bridge. That would have been terrible. As it is a decent WW2 film.

Killer Joe 8/10. McConnaughy was great, creepy.

Rampage.

Watched it with my sons. I dunno.

Feels like someone's fan fic of King Kong, Godzilla....CGI monsters, mashed together with no real reason other than to smash shit and create massive plot holes.

The Rock and Jeffrey Dean Morgan always professional though.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Rampage.

Watched it with my sons. I dunno.

Feels like someone's fan fic of King Kong, Godzilla....CGI monsters, mashed together with no real reason other than to smash shit and create massive plot holes.

The Rock and Jeffrey Dean Morgan always professional though.

It was a game. Not a deep game by any means. I was surprised that they made a movie based off it. It would be like making a movie off Donkey Kong.

Generalzod

Immortal
upload_2020-7-23_19-4-59.jpeg

Remember when this movie come out in 83, everyone started impersonating Tony Montana, I I’ve got octopus coming out of my f**king ears man, I told you tell Them that you where in a sanatorium not sanitation lol, it’s on Netflix now. Mad soundtrack as well.

Last edited: