What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Sonny Bill may return to the NRL... Which club should he join?

Where should Sonny Bill play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Politis will have lunch with his long lost Greek cousin V'landis and they'll get a waiver for billy smith/radley/Verrills or they'll release someone like Hutchinson who s off contract and of the year anyway and down the pecking order

Sure. It’s worked so far as in teams started from zero since the restart and rules changes such as six again for example, have been postponed till next season cos Nick said.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Dunno but shouldn't his next contract be based of his last contract?

Ive never heard that before. The NRL have shown the previously published rule of ''contracts have to be market value'' to be crap when they allowed Latrell to sign with Souths. Although to be fair under Todd Russell Crowe FC had their own set of rules

siv

First Grade
Sounds like no one gets contract upgrades at Easts

Doesnt he have to spend two weeks in quaranteen?

JamesRustle

First Grade
I wouldn't bother. SBW will fly in from some covid infected country, isolate for 2 weeks in a Vic hotel, test negative, be asymptomatic, then spread it through VIC and NSW regions and the NRL and f**k the season that PVL has bought back from the brink.

Legends

Juniors
Nah. I think that option will be reserved for the ageing and oft injured Jake Friend. Thanks Souths once again for the precedent.
No medical retirements required. Unlike other Clubs, Roosters don't offer extended contracts to ageing and/or injury prone players. Aubusson and Friend are both off contract at the end of this year.

moffla

Bench
It makes sense that he goes to a club that will play finals given how little time he will have. I just hope that Warriros get first dibs for next season should he decide to play NRL in 2021.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
It seems kind of pointless him coming back and going through all the hassle to maybe play 5 games. But if he does it will be the roosters but don’t worry they can fit him under their cap. I believe this is the roosters cap

No, and he was pretty avg in the few that he did play until injury hit. He kept throwing stupid passes and turning the ball over. But hey he got them 5mins of fame!

He’d be doing similar at Bulldogs and Warriors you’d think. The feel good factor will quickly turn to despair.

blue bags

First Grade
sonny money bill should go to the roosters, on a reduced sweet heart multiple 3rd party deals,
with cap inducements clauses :p

Pommy

Coach
I don’t see him making the roosters bench to be honest. I’m sure with game time he would have come good for Toronto but he didn’t show being anything like being good enough to run on for a team playing for the threepeat.

Following bits are taken from this article - https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/23/roosters-set-to-open-roster-spot-for-potential-sbw-return/

• The Roosters have opened a roster spot that Williams could fill with uncapped outside back Asu Kepaoa set to join Wests Tigers on a mid-season transfer. No official comment has been made by either the Wests Tigers or Roosters, but it is understood Kepaoa will link with the joint-venture over the weekend.
  • However, the most significant hurdle to his return is a rule precluding players from holding simultaneous contracts with an NRL club and a team in another sporting competition. Under NRL rules, Williams would be required to terminate his two-year $10 million contract with the Wolfpack before signing another deal with the Roosters or any other club for that matter.
You can read the rest of the article if you want, but those are the key points.

Latest posts