What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.USA PRO TEAMS, Which Cities would you place them?

ACE88

Juniors
If North America were to go fully Professional, where would the PRO Teams be best placed around the USA and Canada to attract Crowds, Major sponsorship, media attention and maybe attract possible Millionaire Owners etc?

Im thinking 6 US Teams in the West (which includes 1 Team from Hawaii) and 1 Canadian West Team.

While the East will have 6 US Teams with 1 Canadian East Team and a Jamaican Team (Not North American but will certainly add excitement to the League and have massive support in the States).

"Your Thoughts".

Pommy

Coach
If North America were to go fully Professional, where would the PRO Teams be best placed around the USA and Canada to attract Crowds, Major sponsorship, media attention and maybe attract possible Millionaire Owners etc?

Im thinking 6 US Teams in the West (which includes 1 Team from Hawaii) and 1 Canadian West Team.

While the East will have 6 US Teams with 1 Canadian East Team and a Jamaican Team (Not North American but will certainly add excitement to the League and have massive support in the States).

"Your Thoughts".

It would be a shame to see Canada go backwards considering (touch wood) they will have two pro teams in the east next year.

ACE88

Juniors
It would be a shame to see Canada go backwards considering (touch wood) they will have two pro teams in the east next year.

I Think that in order for Toronto and Ottawa to become a force in Superleague they really need to develop local mens, womens and youth competitions within their cities.

ACE88

Juniors

"Your Thoughts".

My Teams in the West
Canada: Vancouver.
USA: Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Diago and Hawaii

My Teams in the East
Canada: Montréal.
USA: Chicago, New York, Washington, New Orleans, Atlanta and Orlando
Caribbean: Jamaica.

I've tried to stay away from most of the existing clubs in the East so to develop the game in new cities which will be great for Tourism.

welshmagpie

Juniors
Realistically (and even that’s wishful) I think North America could strive for the following...

Toronto
Ottawa
New York
Los Angeles
Jacksonville
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Chicago

but again that’s some way off and it has to be slow, sustainable growth for now

ACE88

Juniors
Realistically (and even that’s wishful) I think North America could strive for the following...

Toronto
Ottawa
New York
Los Angeles
Jacksonville
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Chicago

but again that’s some way off and it has to be slow, sustainable growth for now

Are you referring To the Toronto Wolfpack and Ottawa Acs’s and also the new New York franchise? If so I wouldn’t include those clubs at this stage as they have a commitment to the English Competition’s.

There needs to be the creation of new Franchise’s, I wound like to see the creation of a new New York Franchise where the current USARL NY clubs become feeder clubs, the same with Atlanta.

The current USARL Competition needs to continue as this will add strength to the Hawks for International competitions, and the World Cup,

I can see the Pro League Clubs bringing in none USA Born players to bolster their team’s, so it is important that the USARL Semi-pro League Competition Continue’s on.