What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the top 8 and 9th position already finalised?

TIGER14

Bench
Fans and media are going on about the top 6 like it’s some sort of closely contested group

The current top 4 are miles ahead of the rest, including the 2 below them

Eels fading too. Roosters would put 50 on them if they played next week.

Valheru

Coach
Fans and media are going on about the top 6 like it’s some sort of closely contested group

The current top 4 are miles ahead of the rest, including the 2 below them

Agreed

What you see is what you get in the top 4 I reckon. Just need to settle the order.

5-8 is intriguing. Knights, raiders, souths, wests, sharks, Manly and amazingly the dragons to fight to fill those spots.

Sharks are comfortably the worst of the 4 teams in the running for 7th/8th. Their draw will likely keep them in touch though

If we are comfortably the worst of the 4 teams how is the draw going to help us?

But hey when the Sharks sit higher on the ladder than the Tigers at seasons end you got to cling to something.

How many seasons in a row the Tigpies haven’t made the 8 now?

footy75

Bench
Agreed

What you see is what you get in the top 4 I reckon. Just need to settle the order.

5-8 is intriguing. Knights, raiders, souths, wests, sharks, Manly and amazingly the dragons to fight to fill those spots.

yeah top 4 seems done

reakon other 4 will go to

Souths
Knights
Raiders
Sharks

SBD82

Coach
It would be a classic raiders move to not make the finals after being runners up last year.

The_Frog

First Grade
The 8th placed Wests Tigers have 8 points. The 15th placed Titans have 6 points. Only the Bulldogs cannot make the finals at this stage. The top 4 however looks settled unless one of them suffers an horrendous injury toll. Outside the top 4 every team has patchy form, some more patchy than others.

mongoose

Coach
Top 4 are cemented in - Eels, Panthers, Roosters, Storm

Knights could fade badly (again). Could even see someone like the Dragons or Titans go on a run, that would be crazy but it wouldn't surprise me. I don't think they are much worse than the Sharks or Sea Eagles currently....

The_Frog

First Grade
Eight teams could be level in 8th place on 8 points at the half way mark. It would only require one major upset and a couple of minor ones.

Grab your red felt tip pen and a put a line through the Tigpies.

Last night’s game made sure they’ll be out of the 8 after this weekend and you won’t see them back in the top 8 this year.

They’ll put up a good fight but will finish 9th.

mxlegend99

Referee
Grab your red felt tip pen and a put a line through the Tigpies.

Last night’s game made sure they’ll be out of the 8 after this weekend and you won’t see them back in the top 8 this year.

They’ll put up a good fight but will finish 9th.
Considering injuries, quality of the opposition and lopsided penalty count and possession the Tigers for mine proved the opposite.

They've put in more than respectable performances against the 2 highest placed sides. I think Tigers are the 7th best side this season. No team below them deserves to be above them. If they drop a position or two it will only be temporary.

JB04

Juniors
Considering injuries, quality of the opposition and lopsided penalty count and possession the Tigers for mine proved the opposite.

They've put in more than respectable performances against the 2 highest placed sides. I think Tigers are the 7th best side this season. No team below them deserves to be above them. If they drop a position or two it will only be temporary.
Strange hearing this kind of praise for us! Good luck to your boys this weekend mate.

footy75

Bench
so what we got

penrith
parra
storm
roosters

raiders
manly
knights

then sharks, rabbits and tigers.

SDM

First Grade
The Tigers are putting in, but there are only 2 games left this season they will start favourite in.

They need to beat Souths and Manly to be any real chance.

Manly will be favourite probably 5 more games, and Souths 4.

The Sharks are shit.

Good Luck with that.

The Tigpies won’t even make the 8.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Tigers are putting in, but there are only 2 games left this season they will start favourite in.

They need to beat Souths and Manly to be any real chance.

Manly will be favourite probably 5 more games, and Souths 4.

The Sharks are shit.

Assuming we beat NZ and dogs we have to win 3 Of the following games:

Knights
Roosters
Panthers
Sea Eagles
Rabbits
Storm
Eels

3 wins likely get us there, 4 should definitely. Real tough ask. Good news is we went toe to toe with Panthers and Eels with a stack out and as of next week should be full strength minus BJ (back in 1 more week) and Musgrove

Wouldn’t surprise me if 7/8/9 all finish on the same points and at the moment we have the best F/A of that group so need to keep that up.

Assuming we beat NZ and dogs we have to win 3 Of the following games:

Knights
Roosters
Panthers
Sea Eagles
Rabbits
Storm
Eels

3 wins likely get us there, 4 should definitely. Real tough ask. Good news is we went toe to toe with Panthers and Eels with a stack out and as of next week should be full strength minus BJ (back in 1 more week) and Musgrove

Wouldn’t surprise me if 7/8/9 all finish on the same points and at the moment we have the best F/A of that group so need to keep that up.

9th

Ok everyone grab your red felt tip pen again.

Now put it straight through the Dragqueens.

Knocked out of 2020 as of tonight.