What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Dives

no name

Coach
That push and shove was when he was hit without the ball. You are correct, should have been a penalty, but wasn't.
I thought the push and shove was after one of the legit hits?
The contact off the ball is very lineball and can go either way. Should have been a penalty one way or the other.

unforgiven

Bench
That push and shove was when he was hit without the ball. You are correct, should have been a penalty, but wasn't.
lol, only Eels fans can find something to sook about after winning. They should have put 50 on the Tigers last night, I don't think they are the side their fans think they are and I expect them to fold when the pressure is on towards the big games.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They were rustled when he tried the push and shove the first time for being on the end of a good shot.
Should have been penalised then and there. Sutton had no control of the game.
He did get the last laugh with the two points.

Sutton would have to be the worst referee. He's dreadful.

SDM

First Grade
lol, only Eels fans can find something to sook about after winning. They should have put 50 on the Tigers last night, I don't think they are the side their fans think they are and I expect them to fold when the pressure is on towards the big games.

I can't understand why Parra fans are copping this sort of shit. Our team is rubbish on average 3 out of every 5 seasons, we win spoons for fun. Why wouldn't the fans ride success and what looks like a top 4 finish?

unforgiven

Bench
I can't understand why Parra fans are copping this sort of shit. Our team is rubbish on average 3 out of every 5 seasons, we win spoons for fun. Why wouldn't the fans ride success and what looks like a top 4 finish?
It is just their sooky fans that are a good match for their sooky players.

Bronco18

Juniors
Jarryd Hayne was the early master of this and pioneered the technique

Shaped me hating him from 2007 onwards. I remember Thaiday made a linebreak, Hayne tackled him and feigned injury to stop the game when they had no defensive line. Pulled the same trick the week after against the Storm.

Reactions: gUt

AJB1102

First Grade
And he managed to rustle people's jimmies!

I found it hilarious, tbh.

I don't condone it - I reckon if you want to be the tough guy, then play tough -, but he put that Tigers player in his place.

The way he bounced right back up, after he got the penalty...I see why Tigers fans (and maybe neutral fans) would have been annoyed, but I thought it was hilarious.

Yeah he's a player ya don't like but I imagine ya'd f**king love in your teams colours.

TIGER14

Bench
And he managed to rustle people's jimmies!

I found it hilarious, tbh.

I don't condone it - I reckon if you want to be the tough guy, then play tough -, but he put that Tigers player in his place.

The way he bounced right back up, after he got the penalty...I see why Tigers fans (and maybe neutral fans) would have been annoyed, but I thought it was hilarious.

Hahahah, imagine "he rustled people's jimmies" being your go-to line after that. Brown rustled zero jimmies, came off looking like a pussy and destroyed his tough guy rep. Watch how many forwards line him up from now on.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hahahah, imagine "he rustled people's jimmies" being your go-to line after that. Brown rustled zero jimmies, came off looking like a pussy and destroyed his tough guy rep. Watch how many forwards line him up from now on.

He sure rustled your jimmies - imagine being all over the Eels in the first 20, only to lose the game to an Eels team that played at 60% of their potential!

By all means - opposition forwards should line him up.

Didn’t Josh Reynolds do a front flip while someone was holding him one time to get a penalty to win the game

Remember it well. I believe he was playing Manly, but the defender had one leg off the ground and Josh was hopping and after the third jump he pretty much threw himself up and over into his shoulder. Very blatant but the ref fell for it, hook line and sinker.

TIGER14

Bench
He sure rustled your jimmies - imagine being all over the Eels in the first 20, only to lose the game to an Eels team that played at 60% of their potential!

By all means - opposition forwards should line him up.

No jimmies were rustled. Tigers played pretty f**king well against a far better team. We should have lost by 20+ but our toughness kept the margin to just 10.
Nathan Brown definitely came out of his contest with Blore as being the biggest loser. No forward will ever be intimated by that cat again.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No jimmies were rustled. Tigers played pretty f**king well against a far better team. We should have lost by 20+ but our toughness kept the margin to just 10.
Nathan Brown definitely came out of his contest with Blore as being the biggest loser. No forward will ever be intimated by that cat again.

Our disjointed attack, and errors in your 20, didn't help the margin.

Tbh, I doubt anyone has ever been intimidated by Nathan Brown.

_Johnsy

Referee
Have we ever seen a club take a dive like the Broncos 2020?

Other contenders:
Souff Sinney sans 1999/2000
St George & Illawarra 1998/99
Tigers & Balmain 1999

The Rosco

Bench
I don't get the hate for Brown.
He did his best to assert some authoritah on this punky lil 19 yr old kid.
You know, to teach him a bit of a lesson and give him a friendly but all-knowing clip to "welcome" him to first grade. From the big brave tough experienced player.
He tried his best 3 times, and the kid schooled his whiny arse every time.
Nek minnit, on the ground crying to mummy like a 9 yr old. 9 yr old girl, that is . . . . .
What's wrong with that ?
EDIT: . . . Oh hang on, I think I get it now.
Brown tried to bash this 19 yr old debutant to show him who's boss. He got handed his arse back to him 3 times by the teenager.
So he then resorted to being a cat and clutching at his neck just to get a penalty.
Then as soon as he does, he goes back into full tough-guy again to chase the kid.
Yes, Brown is a diving girl cat. Not even a boy cat. At least that would come with a little honour. And he has other diving girl cats just like him in his team.

Last edited: