What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Zadar

Juniors
It’s not bad money for a handful of games and a potential third premiership, especially when he’s getting some of his Wolfpack salary too.

some? Rumoured to be 55% of his 5million, he should just play for the warriors for free, or where he felt most at home at the chooks for 100k

reanimate

Bench
some? Rumoured to be 55% of his 5million, he should just play for the warriors for free, or where he felt most at home at the chooks for 100k
Yep, it could turn out to be a very nice year for him- potentially nearly 3 million in earnings and a chance at a 3rd premiership to top it off.

davi

Juniors
Crichton as well.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/5939e64c9b690a7d104cb20bfed5c91c

Enjoy the calls for letting "the brothers play together" just like we copped.

I've read another article which suggets Trent Barrett needs to stand down as the Panthers assistant coach immediately. The article notes the good will of Barrett wanting to be loyal to the Panthers and not wanting to abandoned them midseason. But the conflict of interest to potentially signing Panther players for the Bulldogs next years is too great. There is no suggestion Barrett is doing that but the potential conflict of interest does remain there while he coaches there and heads to the Bulldogs next year.

Last edited:

reanimate

Bench
I've read another article which suggets Trent Barrett needs to stand down as the Panthers assistant coach immediately. The article notes the good will of Barrett wanting to be loyal to the Panthers and not wanting to abandoned them midseason. But the conflict of interest to potentially signing Panther players for the Bulldogs next years is too great. There is no suggestion Barrett is doing that but the potential conflict of interest does remain there while he coaches there and heads to the Bulldogs next year.
History is repeating itself!
Panthers to sack Trent Barrett amid revelations he will take star forward Lewis Brown with him to Manly
Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson — Exclusive, The Daily Telegraph
June 20, 2015 12:00am
Trent Barrett is facing the sack as the Penrith Panthers assistant coach following revelations he is taking the club’s star forward Lewis Brown with him to Manly next year.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Kiwi star Brown has signed a three-year contract at Brookvale next season to join a beefed up forward pack that includes Nate Myles and Darcy Lussick.

Barrett has signed as head coach at Manly but the appointment has yet to be made public out of respect to club legend Geoff Toovey, who still has the support of fans.

Irate supporters carried out a protest at Brookvale Oval against Toovey’s dismissal on Friday. Toovey has been the heart and soul of the club since emerging as a tiny but courageous star in 1988.

Barrett is on indefinite ‘gardening leave’ on full pay at Penrith but is expected to be moved on now that Brown’s signing has been made public.

“You can’t have a coach working for two clubs at once,” said one Panthers official, “It just doesn’t work like that in rugby league.

“We’ve always said we’d never stand in the way of any of our assistant coaches getting an opportunity at another club but once it’s done, it can make things difficult.”

The $700,000-a-year signing of Origin forward Trent Merrin at Penrith next year was always going to put pressure on their salary cap and force players like Brown to look elsewhere.

There is now concern Barrett could be interested in some of the club’s younger players, hence the need for him to part company with the club, probably after tomorrow’s match against the Bulldogs.

As Ivan Cleary’s right-hand man, Barrett has intricate detail of all the Penrith player salaries and knows exactly when they are coming off contract.

The Panthers have the best junior nursery in the NRL

Barrett’s deal with Manly was done almost a fortnight ago with the Sea Eagles’ head of football Bob Fulton. No time frame was put on making the announcement.

It is understood Barrett was even involved in contract talks with the $10 million man Daly Cherry-Evans before he backflipped on the Gold Coast Titans.

Toovey is under contract until the end of next season and will demand a full payout.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...ith-him-to-manly/story-fnp0lyn3-1227406376107

davi

Juniors
St Helens coach coach Kristian Woolf linked to the Cowboys. He ticks all the boxes he is coach of Tonga and has good relationship with Jason Taumalolo. He also coached the Cowboys feeder team the Townsville Blackhawks for a while.

However, the Cowboys have been such a mess the last couple of years. I just don't think there in the mood taking a risk on an up in comer. Still think it will between someone who's more of a proven commidity and a steady hand either Anthony Griffin or Kevin Walters. I will acknowledge Walters hasn't been a head coach in NRL though.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cowboy...tionship/6c4a00d4-7b6f-4b98-a133-30ba59d6ac23

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
St Helens coach coach Kristian Woolf linked to the Cowboys. He ticks all the boxes he is coach of Tonga and has good relationship with Jason Taumalolo. He also coached the Cowboys feeder team the Townsville Blackhawks for a while.

However, the Cowboys have been such a mess the last couple of years. I just don't think there in the mood taking a risk on an up in comer. Still think it will between someone who's more of a proven commidity and a steady hand either Anthony Griffin or Kevin Walters. I will acknowledge Walters hasn't been a head coach in NRL though.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cowboy...tionship/6c4a00d4-7b6f-4b98-a133-30ba59d6ac23

Kristian Woolf coached Taumalolo, Feldt and Morgan in the under 20s (they made a grand final).

I think Woolf also coached some of the same players at Ignatius Park high school.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's not good form to speak ill of the dead.
This, mind you, coming from a bloke screaming at Ferguson to "let the fkkn cat go so he can drop to the ground where he fkkn belongs"
Sometimes I disappoint myself.
Normally i would agree with you, but in her case i'm willing to make an exception. She was a horrible human being and just because she's carked it doesn't change the fact. She showed what sort of person she was in the whole Johnny Mannah affair.

shear_joy9

Coach
Curtis Scott ---> bulldogs

5YH8gQOEoBbw8ps0igTQdGILBGn9lGmfNmt80DtCb3A_RNy4lJA5gSSS-OSprCL905QPGST0yEtSmPO0ba16M4ZfBtDn2BpWG_iF3kCY6TQiMQDgIeHhjWjaYH_EvjpDNtPIDblgCMTM1DanInOuZtxK3w_pycvovA8Ev4b3AUXxxMJsKPGjfxXukpV56RbwmdeRIVLhF4N6tnf21PlRfeyXaxsSSj-wTDPPZN9Jt1gV0gUG1lbZqa2D7F1U

heard a rumour Curtis was sent home from training one day last week for just acting like a dickhead and he's now not even required to be present on game-day. Not sure if he was present for tonight's game.

Would be hilarious if the dogs signed him. Two opposition clubs paying his salary to play against them :D

t-ba

Post Whore
Yep, it could turn out to be a very nice year for him- potentially nearly 3 million in earnings and a chance at a 3rd premiership to top it off.

Greatest dual international ever.

Quite literally the only thing missing from his resume is a RLWC right?