What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Eels @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Eels v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
I just watched the second half and what stuck out for me was even at the end we were looking great on attack... Benjis running combined with his usual deceptiveness toward the end of the game, almost like he was floating around the park was a joy to watch..He’s still always trying to win games by himself, if he has to.
Obviously we should have gone for that try to make it 16-4 up, maybe next time...Mbye looked ok..Talau is as valuable as Nofo. I hardly noticed Walters at all. He needs to be 6 I think

Brookes didn’t stand out for anything which is prob good.
.”Pass the ball on / towards Benji, Brookes that’s good... and shut yr fkn mouth coz noones listening ..”

Last edited:
'We don't want that sort of stuff in our game': Maguire takes aim at Eels' ploy.

Wests Tigers have made it clear they were unimpressed by Parramatta firebrand Nathan Brown's decision to stay down after a tackle that drew a penalty.

A week after Ricky Stuart blasted players for trying to milk penalties and feared ''our game is in danger of becoming soccer'', attention shifted to Brown who stayed down in the 76th minute of Thursday night's clash.

Brown, who was crunched in a tackle by Russell Packer and debutant Shawn Blore, won the penalty then jumped to his feet and demanded the first hit-up.

Moments earlier, he had got into a push and shove with 19-year-old Blore, and made a point of running straight at him.

The penalty had no bearing on the game, which was won by the Eels 26-16, but Brown came under fire from fans, commentators and the Tigers coach.

Michael Maguire, who coached Brown at South Sydney, said he loved him as a competitor but was disappointed by what he saw at Bankwest Stadium.

We don't want that sort of stuff in our game,'' Maguire told the Herald.

Tension was already high between the clubs because of the barbs exchanged about Ryan Matterson's messy exit from Concord.

Nine commentator Phil Gould was asked by a punter on social media what he thought of Brown staying down. "I've been saying for years that players and coaches make a mockery of the rules and fools of the referees. Perfect example here," he said.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...e-takes-aim-at-eels-ploy-20200724-p55f9h.html

Tigerm

First Grade
'We don't want that sort of stuff in our game': Maguire takes aim at Eels' ploy.

Wests Tigers have made it clear they were unimpressed by Parramatta firebrand Nathan Brown's decision to stay down after a tackle that drew a penalty.

A week after Ricky Stuart blasted players for trying to milk penalties and feared ''our game is in danger of becoming soccer'', attention shifted to Brown who stayed down in the 76th minute of Thursday night's clash.

Brown, who was crunched in a tackle by Russell Packer and debutant Shawn Blore, won the penalty then jumped to his feet and demanded the first hit-up.

Moments earlier, he had got into a push and shove with 19-year-old Blore, and made a point of running straight at him.

The penalty had no bearing on the game, which was won by the Eels 26-16, but Brown came under fire from fans, commentators and the Tigers coach.

Michael Maguire, who coached Brown at South Sydney, said he loved him as a competitor but was disappointed by what he saw at Bankwest Stadium.

We don't want that sort of stuff in our game,'' Maguire told the Herald.

Tension was already high between the clubs because of the barbs exchanged about Ryan Matterson's messy exit from Concord.

Nine commentator Phil Gould was asked by a punter on social media what he thought of Brown staying down. "I've been saying for years that players and coaches make a mockery of the rules and fools of the referees. Perfect example here," he said.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...e-takes-aim-at-eels-ploy-20200724-p55f9h.html
Well spotted OTT, Too right, I'm glad it was spotted by those who can move the issue forward. It was almost like a planned tactic of the the eels to do this as a few of them did it.

Tigerm

First Grade
I noticed somewhere where a fan suggested that player or the victim involved in a crusher tackle should be treated like HIA injuries, it maybe a way of reducing the faking of crusher tackles .
Good point. As it is possible neck injury, maybe put in a brace and carried off until scans identify an issue.

Legion

Juniors
I'm discussing the merits of our game with some Yanks on another forum.
This vid is as good as any to demonstrate how tough our boys are.

I'm computer challenged; could someone be kind enough to write the code that I need to share this vid?
TIA.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I'm discussing the merits of our game with some Yanks on another forum.
This vid is as good as any to demonstrate how tough our boys are.

I'm computer challenged; could someone be kind enough to write the code that I need to share this vid?
TIA.

Remove the spaces and this should hopefully help:

https: //streamable.com/ wzd0js

:joy: Brad Arthur is getting a little sensitive about Parramatta’s integrity due to concerns about his players milking penalties, I didn’t know that club had an ounce of integrity anyway, regardless when respected people like Ricky Stuart and Madge start raising concerns about the issue, and it is bloody obvious to all other league followers than the allegations are justified, regardless of what there coach in denial thinks.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I just watched a replay of the game and have a few comments.

Parra is a better side than us this year but I don't think they will win the comp.

If we had Munster and Papen... or Keary and Tedesco in our side we'd be planning on playing semi final football already. We are very close to being a good side, we just need one or two final touches that take us to that next level. I don't see them in our lower grades, I think we need to buy them.

Legion

Juniors

Parra is a better side than us this year but I don't think they will win the comp.

If we had Munster and Papen... or Keary and Tedesco in our side we'd be planning on playing semi final football already. We are very close to being a good side, we just need one or two final touches that take us to that next level. I don't see them in our lower grades, I think we need to buy them.
Munster, although a good player, has way too much grub in his game. Does not pass the No Dickheads rule.
I'll take Keary thanks.

I agree we are definitely are a couple of strike weapons short in our backline, if we added a couple of fast , athletic backs our prospects would look a lot better.

WA Tiger

Bench

Corey T wouldn’t have missed that last line of defence tackle on Regan CG that AD missed resulting in a try

Last edited:
Corey T wouldn’t have missed that last line of defence tackle on Regan that AD missed resulting in a try
WA, I have an old mate who is a tragic for all things Balmain but in particular, junior reps and he does have an eye for talent. (Guys who ever go to the reserve or junior rep games will see the old guys in the west tiger jackets, they love the club). Anyway, he laughs every time AD gets picked at fullback, he says that he, AD, never rated and it is why such a very good coach was happy to release him (that would be Bennett), to try his lunch elsewhere.

I just searched for Tigers rep teams (16’s) and found 2014 finals team. Fullback, as we all know had to leave, other guy we all know, played in back row. You have to look down the list to see the last listed reserve.

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen
2. Zac Ryan
3. Angelo Panamabalana
4. Tyrelle Maui
5. Abdalla Matar
6. Nicholas Wilkinson
7. Adam Rizk
8. Richard Amone
9. Mitchell Hyde
10. Harrison Leonard
11. Moses Suli
12. Patrick Abouharb