What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the top 8 and 9th position already finalised?

Assuming we beat NZ and dogs we have to win 3 Of the following games:

Knights
Roosters
Panthers
Sea Eagles
Rabbits
Storm
Eels

3 wins likely get us there, 4 should definitely. Real tough ask. Good news is we went toe to toe with Panthers and Eels with a stack out and as of next week should be full strength minus BJ (back in 1 more week) and Musgrove

Wouldn’t surprise me if 7/8/9 all finish on the same points and at the moment we have the best F/A of that group so need to keep that up.

Since the Titans game we look like something different this year, when we come up against a rubbish team we are beating them comfortably, and when things don’t go our way we at least hang in the games rather than get blown away. The run home will be the test but at least now we aren’t throwing away points to poor sides. We have a lack of quality in our roster but Madge has appeared to change the mindset which is nice, and we have plenty of players coming back into the side over the next few weeks.

That said, we will probably finish 9th anyway. Falling in a screaming heap in a must win round 20 match.

SDM

First Grade
Sharks hang around for another week thanks to a blind bunker official. They were shit last night.

Look for Drugcastle to be swallowed up by the chasing pack in the next couple of weeks.

They’ll be in a battle to be in the 8 now.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Look for Drugcastle to be swallowed up by the chasing pack in the next couple of weeks.

They’ll be in a battle to be in the 8 now.

Don’t be surprised if the coach losses the players too. They were top 4 last year and fell spectacularly after origin and coach got the chop

Someguy

First Grade
Teams adjusting to the 6 again rule is shaking things up now. Newcastle and Souths who were the biggest beneficiaries are now losing their advantage.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Teams adjusting to the 6 again rule is shaking things up now. Newcastle and Souths who were the biggest beneficiaries are now losing their advantage.

I actually think Souths have been the team to lose the most from it. They’re used to getting marched down field from nothing penalties, now they have to work their own way down there instead of getting the standard 10-12 40m kick for touch

Someguy

First Grade
I actually think Souths have been the team to lose the most from it. They’re used to getting marched down field from nothing penalties, now they have to work their own way down there instead of getting the standard 10-12 40m kick for touch

Never thought of it in that way. They are definitely facing less scrutiny in defence than others teams and are simply not getting pinged for all the dodgy marker play but at the same time your point is very valid they are now just getting set extended sets instead of a free kick downfield when in attack.

Since the Titans game we look like something different this year, when we come up against a rubbish team we are beating them comfortably, and when things don’t go our way we at least hang in the games rather than get blown away. The run home will be the test but at least now we aren’t throwing away points to poor sides. We have a lack of quality in our roster but Madge has appeared to change the mindset which is nice, and we have plenty of players coming back into the side over the next few weeks.

That said, we will probably finish 9th anyway. Falling in a screaming heap in a must win round 20 match.

Bahahahahahah!!!

You poor deluded idiot.

Valheru

Coach
Lol lucky draw. Lucky we don't play the same teams the same number of times as every other f**ker.

The sharks can only play what is in front of them, that's true.

They are yet to beat any teams in the current top 8 though. They have it all to prove in the last 8 games.

The sharks can only play what is in front of them, that's true.

They are yet to beat any teams in the current top 8 though. They have it all to prove in the last 8 games.

Yes true.

But at least we have beaten all those teams.

Comments from other envious opposition supporters whose Club can’t even do that like the Tigpies and Dragqueens should STFU.

I’m just satisfied that we are in contention for the top 8 and interested to see how far my team can go.

And collect on my big bet. Lol.