What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stormy36

Juniors
Hargrubs what a scum dog. Hetherington had a great ding dong battle with him all game and goes to shake hands and embrace him after the game but Hargrubs brushes him and doesn't even want to acknowledge him.
Really poor sportsmanship
I used to rate him as a footballer but he gets dominated alot these days. Leads with the elbow and forearm nearly every run and always rolls the ball instead of playing it correctly. I dont even think he is the best front rower at the roosters these days

Soto

Bench
I used to rate him as a footballer but he gets dominated alot these days. Leads with the elbow and forearm nearly every run and always rolls the ball instead of playing it correctly. I dont even think he is the best front rower at the roosters these days
Doesn't mind walking a metre or two off the mark to play the ball either

eels_fan

First Grade
So according to fox sports, the roosters will get SBW for only $150k on their cap. His contract will be valued at $400k, but with him only playing the final 4-5 games plus finals they only have to pay him 35% of that.

what an absolute crock, so they are saying a player that was on over $2m overseas for the season is valued at $400k per season in the NRL

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just on SBW - do they even need him?

Like, Cordner was out today, but he is generally fit; and I don’t think they're missing anyone else of note?

I just find it a strange decision.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hargrubs what a scum dog. Hetherington had a great ding dong battle with him all game and goes to shake hands and embrace him after the game but Hargrubs brushes him and doesn't even want to acknowledge him.
Really poor sportsmanship
They definitely got under his skin today. Considering everything went his way - how often does a middle forward make more runs than tackles? - he still managed to concede five penalties. I reckon he shat himself when Hetherington stood up to him. He's probably contemplating retirement.

hindy111

Post Whore
So according to fox sports, the roosters will get SBW for only $150k on their cap. His contract will be valued at $400k, but with him only playing the final 4-5 games plus finals they only have to pay him 35% of that.

what an absolute crock, so they are saying a player that was on over $2m overseas for the season is valued at $400k per season in the NRL

Do any other clubs get to bid? Surely Storm,Parra,Manly,Penrith,Knights, Raiders see him as valuable for 250k

Do any other clubs get to bid? Surely Storm,Parra,Manly,Penrith,Knights, Raiders see him as valuable for 250k
Of course they can but it's still his choice. And I doubt you could find a sensible amount you're willing to pay that would sway a guy that's already earnt millions this year from going to his old club.

Soto

Bench
If went toe to toe Hethrington would of punched the shit out of him.
Would have been nice to see.
One of the dirtiest players in recent history.
All elbows, forearms and plenty of high shots yet escapes scrutiny of the MRC or gets downgraded

hindy111

Post Whore
On Fifita I reckon Titans are going about things the wrong way. They keep going for these flashy signings like Peachey and Cartwright and pay overs.
They would be better off with guys a little older and can help set some professionalism. The Morris boys and MJ and Fergo for example would of been 4 guys who could of made the backline work and not cost a bomb. But theyd also transform the club. I'm talking if picked them up 2yrs ago. And these are just examples.
A guy like Alvaro would be a good solid cheap signing who would help that club due to his attitude.
Go after some older heads and keep the beat juniors and slowly build from there. 1.2mill for a 2nd rower who has no leadership qualities is like trying to pull a rabbit out of your hat.
Good way to blow your cap.

Latest posts