What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Sharks

Como Connection

First Grade
Kudos to the boys for having a go until the end and not putting the cue in the rack, especially with Clune missing.
I definitely think that Norman and Merrin need to make way for Sailor and Blacker. They're experienced players, who should be leading us around the park but instead they offer us nothing but a higher than average error rate.
Very tough on Merrin tonight, he's alright, Lawrie is the bloke I cannot cop.
CC

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep, first Normans kicking game then Hunts killed us at the end.
The grubber was good but too heavy and so was the cross kick to Saab.
And all his other bombs prior in the 2nd half reminded me of the same crap he was doing at half before moved.
He just puts it straight up and lands in the backs hands everytime and can't seem to make it a competition for our blokes or foce any pressure with them.
We certainly missed Clune in those vital final minutes.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Agree with all of this.
Just need to p@ss Mc85 and Norman off. We will never win a premiership with these 2.
Our attack is showing enterprise with some slick play.
Lomax, how good is he going to be.
Not sold on Saab.
As you say we need some props bit they have to be mobile not plodders.

Making the 8 is now almost out of reach, release the pressure of that and announce whats happening in 2021 re: coach
And play sailor at 5/8

Mickthedragon

Juniors
I really think we were dudded but had our chances in the end there and just missed out. The refs have now been dropped for getting that call wrong but interestingly, nothing said about sharks one that wasn't allowed. If that was right and a fair call, ill be more annoyed as i thought that evened it out.
Anyway, typical nrl ref blunders.
Im not as bothered anymore as we're still just an average team with way too many passengers and a shite coach.

Gareth67

First Grade
I only just now seen the result , oh hell ! To come so close and lose by 4 to those beggars . Harshly done by the bunker decision no doubt , however there were a number of errors by us that simply should not had occurred that gave them tries earlier on .

Still it was good to see a bit of grit in the Dragons - they never dropped their bundle as in previous matches . I do genuinely feel for the maestro in this loss as regardless of just who is pulling the reins at the moment he was living every play of the game - just as we ourselves were .

Disappointed certainly , however the overall weekly improvement in the Dragons is obvious and we can only hope it gets better so as season 2021 is better for each individual player and the team as a whole.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Whilst there is a lot of commentary on our backline and who should play where...I feel our forwards just aren’t big and intimidating enough. If we go in with light pack we have to become more disciplined and stronger in defence; too much grab crap!

Shouldn’t have to hope’ the bunker, the rep looks after us or preying we score 30 points to out score our opposition.

"If we go in with light pack we have to become more disciplined and stronger in defence; too much grab crap!"

No we recognise it early and change tactics. Gummies took control after 20 minutes and continued into the second half. Gummies forwards roll over the top including some second phase play, get a roll on and score points. We resorted to bash and barge for 5 and kick.on the 6th. When it seemed like we did change tactics and manage to play in their half, we showed some real skill. Some dud calls against us (I reckon Saab scored at the end by the way) and it's a different result. Then we get to listen to "Up up scumulla" (possibly the second worst - no wait the worst club song ever) blast over the load-speakers making me vomit. Rant over.

rasaint

Juniors
My second post.

It was a game where both sides gave it their all. Let’s face it we were smashed by Sharks big boopers for most of 1st half. Sharkies line speed was amazing.

Really annoyed by this ‘six again’ caper. The ref seemed to go on a blitz of six again against us after Sharks captain Wade Graham was asserting himself to ref after Lomax try ( claiming Dufty knock on/ it wasn’t BTW). Have I got that perception wrong?

Of course, like all rule interpretations the ref calls it as he sees it. Unlike a penalty there is no stoppage or restart and fans don’t know what it was all about. Not square/ holding too long/ crowding / moving early/ its a smorgasbord with elements for six again every tackle. Why dont we have captains that challenge refs like Cam Smith and Wade Graham, argue the toss a bit. IMO it helps your cause.

Also, IMO t’s not a good look after the game with The ref and Wade Graham in a prolonged warm handshake smiling at each other and nice happy banter. Maybe I’m just overthinking it all? I guess Anyone else notice ?

Finally, the Sharkies are a good side, powerful forwards and playing well.

Latest posts