What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Kylez3

Juniors
I think the same. Certainly never thought he was fullback and that experiment and shuffle with Widdop was mind-boggling and poorly thought out by McGregor. Ironically we may never see how he performs in that position for the Dragons.

Norman has essentially been playing halfback ever since Hunt was dropped/shifted, this is evidenced by how often he gets his hands on the ball compared to Clune and the fact he seems to take the majority of the 5th tackle kicks.

He's been dreadful.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Norman has essentially been playing halfback ever since Hunt was dropped/shifted, this is evidenced by how often he gets his hands on the ball compared to Clune and the fact he seems to take the majority of the 5th tackle kicks.

He's been dreadful.
Not sure that I agree. Our win ration is not that bad with Norman in the halves. I seem to remember also that we won 4 straight after Widdop injury before he (Norman) then broke his jaw last year and went into the whole fullback rotation crap thing.
I’d like to see him swap position and roles with Clune and not get the ball as much. Norman’s got some debt skills, yet he comes in and out of games; I think he’s more dangerous and would be greater value to the side not being the main organiser and picking his moments.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Not sure that I agree. Our win ration is not that bad with Norman in the halves. I seem to remember also that we won 4 straight after Widdop injury before he (Norman) then broke his jaw last year and went into the whole fullback rotation crap thing.
I’d like to see him swap position and roles with Clune and not get the ball as much. Norman’s got some debt skills, yet he comes in and out of games; I think he’s more dangerous and would be greater value to the side not being the main organiser and picking his moments.

Good points...although Hunt has had more impact than Norman. I'd prefer seeing Clune 7 Hunt 6... Clune playing organizing half.

hazzbeen

Bench
ow
A year ago I wanted Dufty gone

The last month he has been pretty good

If his form continues I would be happy to resign him

Knowing he also has a lot of things to work on

With the right coaching (not peanut) he will get even better
Even with his faults , he can do things that other players can't ..... Imagine how he would go in a team that was not struggling ......

TruSaint

Referee

Takes some humility to admit we got it wrong.
I agree with you.

I had him as a liability, and to be fair for a while he was.

Credit to him. He has improved, and is now a major player in our spine.
Sometimes, im happy to be wrong.

I agree with what you are saying Mjab, and raise it by 10.
:smile:
In the past month he has been amazing - our most dangerous player.
He is an essential re-signing.
In the past month we have seen his blistering low end acceleration.
His sound-barrier-breaking top speed.
His bullet like long passes.
Improved ball catching.
The deft grubber.
And maybe even a little mongrel (on Saturday).
Go Duff.

This Year?

Immortal
Dufty had another very good game today.

lovely short kick to set up Lomax try.

Dangerous whenever he has the ball and a little space.

Took a couple of bombs.

unlucky not to score of grubber kick at the end.

If Hunt’s grubber is better, Dufty score.
I have bagged Dufty from pillar to post in here and in the game day threads in the past and I must admit I was a hater. What I've seen from him in the last month is nothing short of inspirational. I hope what he's doing makes others in the team take notice and try to lift with him. Lomax did on Saturday and even Ravalawa has been impressive as well.

I hope now his game is being nurtured and he gets more chances to improve in his preferred position and if he has a bad game then gets back on the horse without getting rested as long as his attitude is right.

_Johnsy

Referee

Lets not forget only a few weeks ago supercoach wanted him gone. He was almost at the Titans (Titans chose C Thompson over Dufty) Make no mistake Dufty had one foot firmly out the door.

possm

Coach
Good points...although Hunt has had more impact than Norman. I'd prefer seeing Clune 7 Hunt 6... Clune playing organizing half.
Leave Hunt at hooker, the teams performance has improved ever since that move happened.

Let Norman go by first dropping him to reserve grade. His manager will soon find him another club. Norman is grossly over paid and does not perform the way an 800k player should. Bive Sailor or even Dufty a go at 6.

Can anyone tell me why Dafty and whoever is playing left wing don't get any ball from Aitken. I noticed that both Dufty and Ravalawa get given plenty of ball and opportunities from Lomax on the right side.

In the forwards we need to do better than Lawrie, Merrin, K Sims and Host; all good backup players but they just aren't cutting it for first grade selection right now. We need some mongrel. We need to replace them with forwards who will perform at first grade level. Just like Aitken, Lawrie always makes a few metres and then dies with the ball. I'd like to see Blacker and Ellis being blooded off the bench for the raminder of 2020.

rasaint

Juniors
Possum I think Zac gets a lot of opportunities from Dufty.

Both are now playing great football for us.

Agree with you about Lawrie. Said from the start he is a courageous and gives his all but not effective. Got a 3 year deal I think in 2018. He basically lacks that size and power drive. Also increasingly seems to get into passing movements and then run forward without speed and drive and no off load.no doubting his energy for work to be fair.

Crush

Coach
Leave Hunt at hooker, the teams performance has improved ever since that move happened.

Let Norman go by first dropping him to reserve grade. His manager will soon find him another club. Norman is grossly over paid and does not perform the way an 800k player should. Bive Sailor or even Dufty a go at 6.

Can anyone tell me why Dafty and whoever is playing left wing don't get any ball from Aitken. I noticed that both Dufty and Ravalawa get given plenty of ball and opportunities from Lomax on the right side.

In the forwards we need to do better than Lawrie, Merrin, K Sims and Host; all good backup players but they just aren't cutting it for first grade selection right now. We need some mongrel. We need to replace them with forwards who will perform at first grade level. Just like Aitken, Lawrie always makes a few metres and then dies with the ball. I'd like to see Blacker and Ellis being blooded off the bench for the raminder of 2020.
I actually don't think Norman would look for another club if he was dropped to reserve grade (not playing at all).
He'd still be getting paid. That seems to be his only motivation, getting paid.
He hasn't played any finals for a very long time so he's obviously not motivated by football success.
I reckon Norman is a just living his life, enjoying hanging with the homies and picking up pay checks.
We'd be paying him 800k to happily sit in the stands if we dropped him.

getsmarty

Immortal

Agree..Good points possm. Stay safe and have a Great Week.

Latest posts