What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

undertaker

Coach
Brandy declared the Broncos as easy beats. Because they play on Friday:

ROFL! Very good, very good!

Don't the networks have to produce a set quota of Australian drama?

LOL! Good one!

Now that the era when there used to be a plethora of home-grown Aussie tv dramas (e.g. Blue Heelers, Water Rats, All Saints, Sons & Daughters, A Country Practice etc.) has ceased due to production costs, "the HOME of rugby league" has resorted to broadcasting the Broncos getting thrashed to keep the Thursday night/Friday night entertainment industry going in this country.

Since the NRL re-commenced after COVID-19 postponed the comp for a couple of months, just look at these brilliant results the Broncos have dished up for the Ch9 audience (remember, these are matches Ch9 chose to select after the NRL draw was modified):

6-34 vs Parramatta (home)
0-59 vs Sydney Roosters (home)
18-20 vs Manly (away)
6-27 vs Newcastle (away)
0-48 vs Wests Tigers (away)
8-46 vs Melbourne (home)

They've conceded an average of 39 points/game in these matches!

Btw, I didn't realise the Broncos are also on Ch9 next Friday night against Cronulla.

The promo for next week's match

"Coming up on Friday Night Football.......

will Uncle Wayne rescue Princess Boyd from another Shark attack?
will Anthony Cyborg be auditioning for a role in the next Star Wars movie after tonight's match?

All this and more coming up next on Nine!"

undertaker

Coach
Three NRL teams have already parted with their coach this season... how reckless and irresponsible of those clubs to do that... the Broncos should be the model of a fair go.... do the right thing and honour this man's contract. He has sacrificed so much already through covid-19 :)
Club management may not be in such a generous mood if crowd attendances, revenue and sponsors start dropping off.

undertaker

Coach
The two most vile clubs are the ones who owe their success to News Corp.

Between 1998 and 2012 News Ltd funnelled an extra $75,000,000 to the Storm on top of what they already got to run their day to day operations, allowing them to gain a significant advantage over every other team. When News Ltd signed away their stake in the game and with the Storm, they made the ARLC agree to funnel $26.5 million into the Storm over six years. That's $101,500,000 in total on top of what they were getting to run their club. No wonder they have been in the top 4 every year.

Does anyone else think this is fishy?

News had a 50% stake in the game and owned Foxtel. They made a killing from RL fans in Queensland and NSW who subscribed to Foxtel to watch their team. The profits they made from these subscriptions were more or less funnelled into News Ltd's team so they would gain an unfair advantage.

It makes me livid. To rub it in even more, this vile club cheated the cap for years and when exposed, continued to do so by having Smith, Cronk and Slater in their team. There is no way they could have fit them under the cap in 2011 and those blokes would never play for peanuts. Their grubby tactics have forced two players into retirement and hurt numerous others. They have the dumbest and most obnoxious fan base in the world. I am a Queenslander and I hate the guts of grubs like Slater and Smith. My favourite moment was when Smith got whacked in the nuts at Kogorah. Pity Slater didn't get one.

You bring up a very good point.

I didn't believe it at the time in 2010 when the scandal erupted and a decade later, I still cannot believe any of this crap that occasionally appears on internet forums, regarding how Bellamy and the players (at least the highest paid ones on the roster who were getting benefits) at the Melbourne Storm had absolutely no idea of any salary cap rorting. The same "oh, poor me" hard luck crap that the Bulldogs tried back in 2002 when they got caught.

Furthermore, Bellamy and these one-eyed fans still have the audacity to say that their 2007/09 premierships are legitimate!

Whip Whitaker

Juniors

Between 1998 and 2012 News Ltd funnelled an extra $75,000,000 to the Storm on top of what they already got to run their day to day operations, allowing them to gain a significant advantage over every other team. When News Ltd signed away their stake in the game and with the Storm, they made the ARLC agree to funnel $26.5 million into the Storm over six years. That's $101,500,000 in total on top of what they were getting to run their club. No wonder they have been in the top 4 every year.

News had a 50% stake in the game and owned Foxtel. They made a killing from RL fans in Queensland and NSW who subscribed to Foxtel to watch their team. The profits they made from these subscriptions were more or less funnelled into News Ltd's team so they would gain an unfair advantage.

It makes me livid. To rub it in even more, this vile club cheated the cap for years and when exposed, continued to do so by having Smith, Cronk and Slater in their team. There is no way they could have fit them under the cap in 2011 and those blokes would never play for peanuts. Their grubby tactics have forced two players into retirement and hurt numerous others. They have the dumbest and most obnoxious fan base in the world. I am a Queenslander and I hate the guts of grubs like Slater and Smith. My favourite moment was when Smith got whacked in the nuts at Kogorah. Pity Slater didn't get one.

I was not convinced Melbourne were under the cap after being caught cheating. Most NRL teams would struggle to afford one of the big 3, and Melbourne had all 3 of them.

Remember the line 'the Cows can't win a premiership because Thurston takes all the money'. Then how did Melbourne afford Smith, Cronk and Slater etc?

Knight Vision

First Grade

Couldnt agree with this more.

The Premierships taken away from the Storm are always mentioned by Murdoch media as if genuine.

As a general rule I view Murdoch as a cancer on society and a genuine threat to the health of democracy, anything that man touches is nothing more than a polished turd re-packaged and marketed to sell to a brain dead public..

President Trump

Juniors
One can sense that he is generally arrogant and overestimates his own ability, but he must have something going for him if he was able to persuade the Broncos to hire him over the other contenders - is he just a sleazy con artist who can schmooze his way through an interview? Good at Powerpoint presentations?

Funny watching the guy lose his self-belief and gradually imploding at the press conferences each week though.

mongoose

Coach
Seems like maybe he's too technical and theoretical but has no idea how to motivate players or speak to them. Almost the complete opposite of Bennet or Stuart who I don't think are tactically great coaches but are very good at motivating players. I'm just making assumptions of course

Johns Magic

Referee
I don’t know Seibold as a coach, but I do think he took on a poisoned chalice up there with the Bird/Milford/Boyd contracts.

In saying that, I don’t think the recruitment in his time has been great either.

DeeJ

Bench
Seems like maybe he's too technical and theoretical but has no idea how to motivate players or speak to them. Almost the complete opposite of Bennet or Stuart who I don't think are tactically great coaches but are very good at motivating players. I'm just making assumptions of course

It's funny because we don't seem to have any plans in attack and our defence plans have fallen away completely since last year.

Literally all we do is make 5 hitups and bomb - most of the time out of position for a decent chase.

betcats

Referee
He went all or nothing on his young talent then loses the best one.

Their defence atm is the biggest problem, they aren’t defending at anywhere near nrl level. They need to drop Milford and Boyd, it just has to happen as a messsage to team. Imagine loosing Fifita while you are paying Milford a million, drop the merkin and wait for him to want out, another desperate club would take him on.