What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

possm

Coach
Yes Saab may be faster but Lomax is faster between the ears:)
Saab is at a disadvantage posted outside Aitken, it's hard to shine when your centre never passes you the ball. If Ravalawa is injured for next game, Saab to right-wing and Ramsey to left-wing. It is about time to see what Ramsey can bring to the table in first grade.

mickeylane

Bench
I admit Lomax is coming of age and making me eat my words - not quick but he’s very skilful for a centre .. Aitken is also improving considerably at left centre albeit still has massive issues in defence which can easily be fixed with easy communication from the inside - unfortunately Corey Norman sits inside him - JDB will be a welcome return to stiffen our defence allround ..

hazzbeen

Bench
I admit Lomax is coming of age and making me eat my words - not quick but he’s very skilful for a centre .. Aitken is also improving considerably at left centre albeit still has massive issues in defence which can easily be fixed with easy communication from the inside - unfortunately Corey Norman sits inside him - JDB will be a welcome return to stiffen our defence allround ..
That's what got Jack in all that trouble to begin with , stiffening up .....

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Easily fixed Mickey? Appreciate what your saying but massive issues in defence can’t be afforded in first grade. He’s had a fair crack at improving his defence and whilst I’d like to see this outcome I don’t believe you can shift his weakness in this area onto Norman or rely on JBD to mask it.

getsmarty

Immortal
Easily fixed Mickey? Appreciate what your saying but massive issues in defence can’t be afforded in first grade. He’s had a fair crack at improving his defence and whilst I’d like to see this outcome I don’t believe you can shift his weakness in this area onto Norman or rely on JBD to mask it.

Correct...5 years in the Top grade....imagine if he had Flanno coaching him...he would have been a different player by now...Time to cut him loose...like we did with Lafai/ or convert him into a forward...

getsmarty

Immortal
Not saying keep him just saying he’s improved since the break.. still can’t defend... ..

Agree @ mickeylane... He still looks more like a forward to me...We have the feagai twins and others coming through , so that is why I believe he is surplus to requirements as a centre.
Williame offers much more in terms of an attacking option.

George Dragon

Juniors
Clune is inside Aitken and last year when on right it was Hunt

The Badger

Juniors
Brilliant piece :clap_tone1::clap_tone1::clap_tone1::clap_tone1:
Is there a reason why Clune can't play on the right side to feed Lomax?.He just needs room and a worried defence in front of him.Norman won't provide this opportunity as he doesn't move forward into the defence.The other plus on that right side is Rava is now right on Lomax's hip to take the opportunity. Frizelle could also be used as a decoy on that side as he does test the line.Clune has the ability to create the opportunity for Lomax.He is wasted on the left with the bargers Tariq and Aitken

epDragon62

First Grade
Is there a reason why Clune can't play on the right side to feed Lomax?.He just needs room and a worried defence in front of him.Norman won't provide this opportunity as he doesn't move forward into the defence.The other plus on that right side is Rava is now right on Lomax's hip to take the opportunity. Frizelle could also be used as a decoy on that side as he does test the line.Clune has the ability to create the opportunity for Lomax.He is wasted on the left with the bargers Tariq and Aitken
I like your thinking...

gitano

Juniors
Been trying to get a Slomax fumbling compilation going, just hard to find the time to cut it all together.

Surprised Aitken putting him over for a try was included in the video, can't have that can we.

Last edited:
Been trying to get a Slomax fumbling compilation going, just hard to find the time to cut it all together.

Surprised Aitken putting him over for a try was included in the video, can't have that can we.

Gitano, we all understand that u feel Eui is a better centre than Lomax, and you struggle with the praise Lomax is receiving on the forum.

Aitken’s form has improved on the left side. He is defending better and running straight and hard.

His first instinct is to tuck the ball under his arm and run. The other dude has the presence of mind to sum up the situation and he often tries to set up his winger. Lomax is a natural centre.

Eui needs a skills coach who can teach him to draw a defender in and pass. If Eui can master this, he can play centre. Eui has had 5 years in first grade to develop that skill.

Can’t see it happening but would love to be proven wrong.

hazzbeen

Bench

You are really losing this one , it has to be a gee up .... Aitken has improved over the last few weeks but the more you bag Lomax the better he gets .... Aitken can only dream of doing what Lomax does and he has had 6 years of top grade ..... The differences are getting further apart ...... So if you want to continue the gee up because you can't be serious , I'll go alone with you .....

Latest posts