What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Storm @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Storm v Knights

• Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 12
Melbourne Storm v Newcastle Knights
Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana Waters
Sunday 2 August 2020

Kickoff 4:05pm - Nine Network/9Now, Fox League/Kayo

TL-MEL20a.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Marion Seve 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 9. Cameron Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Brandon Smith 15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 16. Albert Vete 17. Tom Eisenhuth 18. Ryley Jacks 19. Nicholas Hynes 20. Darryn Schonig 21. Jesse Bromwich

TL-NEW20a.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Enari Tuala 3. Tautau Moga 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Chris Randall 10. Jacob Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Josh King 16. Pasami Saulo 17. Herman Ese'ese 18. Tex Hoy 19. Jirah Momoisea 20. Mason Lino 21. Mathew Croker

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Todd Smith
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:

perverse

Referee
I don't think we'll get smashed here, but we won't win it barring a miracle. I can see us digging our heels in and defending well, because I think we'll turn up with the right attitude.

I feel like it will go one of two ways:

1. We get flogged by 50+ points

2. We actually show up, make it a close game and get robbed by a standard Melbourne favoured decision by the refs.

Still Nutty

Juniors
https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2020/07/28/pearce-ownership-kicking-form-future/

Pearce on performance on the weekend (team and his) kicking, etc.

Not a criticism because media training nowadays tends to make them all vanilla but I'm not sure I get the fire and passion I'd like to see out of our captain and leader after a result like that when he fronts the media...I want to believe that it hurts to turn in a performance like that, not just mouth the words.

During his purple patch last year when we won half a dozen on the trot, largely off his back, there was a much more animated and fiery Pearce on show...I know form ebbs and flows but I want to see the fire in the belly again because that is what the team and the public need to see after performances like that - if you 'go through the motions' at the press conferences, then that seems to also reflect the performance on the field

Silent Knight

First Grade
https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2020/07/28/pearce-ownership-kicking-form-future/

Pearce on performance on the weekend (team and his) kicking, etc.

Not a criticism because media training nowadays tends to make them all vanilla but I'm not sure I get the fire and passion I'd like to see out of our captain and leader after a result like that when he fronts the media...I want to believe that it hurts to turn in a performance like that, not just mouth the words.

During his purple patch last year when we won half a dozen on the trot, largely off his back, there was a much more animated and fiery Pearce on show...I know form ebbs and flows but I want to see the fire in the belly again because that is what the team and the public need to see after performances like that - if you 'go through the motions' at the press conferences, then that seems to also reflect the performance on the field

If you want to fire up Pearce just stick a picture of Cooper Cronk in a Roosters jersey holding up the NRL premiership trophy on his locker room door. Maybe he'll retro back to 2018 form.

That performance against the Bulldogs demoralised me more than any other in recent memory and that's saying something. There's only so much punishment fans can take. Any care or hope I had for the team for this season and with that halfback is gone. The players don't care so why should I?

Not watching this one and that'll be the first time I've ever missed a match in sheer disgust.

Team vs Storm:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Enari Tuala
3. Tautau Moga
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Kurt Mann
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Chris Randall
10. Jacob Saifiti
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon