What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita is a Titan

betcats

Referee
And he'll be 27 so it'll likely be his one and only chance for a "life changing deal". Wouldn't blame him at all for taking the highest offer on the table.

Someone will throw him a 4yr 3.5m or so deal. Hopefully that's Penrith.

Yeah I think if we can get close to his biggest offer he will show a bit of loyalty, but he’s got a brother in a wheel chair and probably is supporting his family back in Fiji to some degree financially so he’s not going to leave money on the table if penrith get blown away by bigger offers. But we don’t have to worry until next November, plenty of time for us to plan to free up the money we will need for him.

A good, proven 9 should be our next priority. Happy with our 7, 1 can be covered by AJ/Thompson for now, and I doubt Ash is going anywhere till his contract is up so we'll have to persist with him for another couple of years. If it were up to me, I'd be giving Tanah Boyd a shot at 6 since 6/7 is where he played through the younger grades, but coach will never drop Taylor.

_Johnsy

Referee
Not really. Early Taumalolo was the exact same type of player as Fifita, and probably showed a lot more at an early stage than fifita. It wasn't sustainable, so Taumololo was modelled into the perfect middle forward.

Fifita ain't anything new, we get rampaging young second rowers almost every year.
I get what you’re saying, but none of them have his size and speed, he has it over 5m, 10m up to 30m. He has burned many a back over that distance. Not one of the backrower you mention would keep up with him over 30m. I think he’s worth the risk from a Titans point of view.

Last edited:

Dingo_dan

Juniors
I get what you’re saying, but none of them have his size and speed, he has it over 5m, 10m up to 30m. He has burned many a back over that distance. Not one of the backrower you mention would keep up with him over 30m. I think he’s worth the risk from a Titans point of view.

Tweed Titan

Bench
If Cartwright retires or gets an early release I’ll cry tears of joy. No one cares that you’ve got dodgy knees because you’re useless. And you’re letting your teammates down by not retiring. Better collect that last big payday though. What was our medical team doing when he had a physical before signing?

davi

Juniors
Wow, all of the Titans’ Christmases are coming at once.

Peachey next to ask for an early release surely.

Ash Taylor will stay til the money dries up.

Tyrone Peachy is not as bad as Bryce Cartwright and Shannon Boyd. I think the Titans could handle Peachy staying for another year. Espcially with the Titans team next year is going to be very young if Proctor is not resigned. Doesn't mean they will rush to sign him when he comes off contract though.

Ash Taylor has shown glimpes and next year will be good a gage whether he's their half long-term or not. I have heard calls for him to be dropped. The truth is there is not many better options for the Titans if they don't select Taylor in the side anyway.

SBD82

Coach
Yeah on a serious note, I have heard that cam and Barb have bought a house on the GC and enrolled their kids at school there for next year.
It’s always sort of seemed like Smith has borne a grudge against the broncos for not giving him a shot as a young player.

Wouldn’t it be the ultimate “f**k you” to the broncos if he joined the titans and made them the premier club in SE Qld.

And Smith seems like the sort of bloke who would take great joy in sticking it up the Broncos.

blue bags

First Grade
Which Smith are you referring too? Brandon Smith?
cam
but both players needs to grow a gold coast mullet
b94d2861848a8d060991358a74a30410

c300b24fee339c48e56c6989c794eb3d.jpg

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
It’s always sort of seemed like Smith has borne a grudge against the broncos for not giving him a shot as a young player.

Wouldn’t it be the ultimate “f**k you” to the broncos if he joined the titans and made them the premier club in SE Qld.

And Smith seems like the sort of bloke who would take great joy in sticking it up the Broncos.
It's his only redeeming quality.

THE CHAMP

First Grade

Sort of seemed?
Mate it’s obvious he and slater took great pleasure in slaughtering us

axl rose

Bench
Yeah he was on the Matt Johns podcast saying Broncos always brushed him and would hand our gear to junior players but he'd get nothing. Way to go motivating him Broncos.

Wizardman

First Grade
If Cartwright retires or gets an early release I’ll cry tears of joy. No one cares that you’ve got dodgy knees because you’re useless. And you’re letting your teammates down by not retiring. Better collect that last big payday though. What was our medical team doing when he had a physical before signing?
If it was true, the Titans management would absolutely race to get him off their books.

Latest posts