What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
If he couldn't play for the Roosters, he just wouldn't have come. He doesn't give a f**k about Rugba League! Just scratching his mate Nick's back.

Noise

Coach
He isn't. The point is they can ban him from playing for any clubs that don't suit the NRL, in a completely arbitrary manner. They did it with Folau and his below-market-value contract. They could do the same here, demanding he only sign for an amount that no other club than the Warriors can afford, due to arbitrary salary cap dispensations they apply due to their players choosing to fly home.
What if several clubs (including the Roosters) could afford what they Warriors could afford?

T.S Quint

Coach
He isn't. The point is they can ban him from playing for any clubs that don't suit the NRL, in a completely arbitrary manner. They did it with Folau and his below-market-value contract. They could do the same here, demanding he only sign for an amount that no other club than the Warriors can afford, due to arbitrary salary cap dispensations they apply due to their players choosing to fly home.

Theres that rumour that the NRL told Hayne he had to play with the Titans (who were owned by the NRL at the time) when he wanted to come back to play RL.

Only a rumour but. I can’t imagine Greenberg ever stooping to something so low.

Noise

Coach
With the Warriors being the only club begging for loan players, surely they are in a unique position regarding applicability for salary cap dispensation.
The fact that the NRL haven't tried to dictate where he plays might just mean they no longer try and pull that Schubert / Izzy shit anymore.

Avenger

Immortal
Is SBW even good anymore ? It’s all hype and he is way past his best. f**k him, let him rejoin the Roosters.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Im not that worried about it cos i dont think he is what he used to be. Minimal impact
It’s not a matter of being the same player as most know he is not , it’s the fact the rorters appear to be able to stay under cap year after year with a gun team, something is amiss and that is an issue!

IFR33K

Coach
Honestly, I can’t believe sbw and Lyon were allowed back into the nrl after both walked out of their respective clubs. May as well hand the roosters the premiership now.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
It is funny. You just have to imagine it in a northern English accent. You might be thinking of an Indian accent, which hasn't been funny since the 90s.
My oath it is funny. I imagine it in the voice of HG Nelson, the great man. That's why it has an exclamation mark as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts