What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mised tackle count

Version IV

Juniors
Since return round 3 covid, our missed tackles

Round 3 Tigers 54, Moylan 8, Nikora 6, Dugan, Graham & Brailey 5
Round 4 Cowboys 19, Moylan 6
Round 5 Dragons 46, Graham 11, Dugan 8
Round 6 Bulldogs 29, Rudolf 5
Round 7 Sea Eagles 37, Graham 6
Round 8 Titans 45, Uele 6, Katoa, Nikora & Talakai 5
Round 9 Panthers 47, Townsend 8, Rudolf 6, Brailey & Uele 5
Round 10 Warriors 40, Johnson 7, Rudolf 6
Round 11 Dragons 28, Johnson 5

R-15-3

Bench
I think a lot of Rudolphs are him pushing himself to make more tackles that are out of reach but still makings an attempt then straight up misses.
Reminds me of when Fifita was in his prime trying to make 3-4 tackles in a row from marker.

snout

First Grade
Its never cut and dried what a missed tackle is.
And needs to be balanced with completed tackle count as well.

What percentage of attempted tackles are unsuccessful is the true indicator.

For example:
A guy making 62 tackles but missing 6 is completing about 92% of tackles attempted.
However the guy who only missed 3 tackles but made 14 was successful at less than 80%.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Its never cut and dried what a missed tackle is.
And needs to be balanced with completed tackle count as well.

What percentage of attempted tackles are unsuccessful is the true indicator.

For example:
A guy making 62 tackles but missing 6 is completing about 92% of tackles attempted.
However the guy who only missed 3 tackles but made 14 was successful at less than 80%.

Do ya, do ya, do ya mean like this?

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 8.48.34 pm.png Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 8.48.16 pm.png

shaggs

Coach
So if you come in for a big hit, bounce off and then re-tackle the player it counts as a miss and a tackle

PHaTMaN

Juniors
We have missed the second most tackles - 396, Titans have missed the most - 397.

We're also 4th worst for ineffective tackles.

We've scored the second most tries - 50 behind Roosters - 51 but we wont be going far this year unless bomber can turn around the D.

Quigs

Immortal
How many times do I have to tell youse. I am out on strike. I want better working conditions.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
I think these stats make Johnson look worse than he has been the past couple of weeks. Made a couple of really important tackles against the Warriors racing out of the line to jam in and cut off an overlap.

11 from Graham in one game is absymal though.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
We've turned into the type of team neutrals find entertaining - high-scoring but porous in defence. A lot of the media still talk about us as though we're still grinding out 16-12 wins.

bluefox68

Staff member
But they are a year older than us.
So does that mean next year we will be as good as them?!?

But, seriously, what's happened with the Donkeys illustrates that if you ONLY have youth (+ a couple of has-beens) you are in trouble.

IOW, as much as we like to bag our older blokes, we still need 'em! [I'm talking about Duges, Goodwin, Chad, Wado, etc... NOT YOU, Quigs...!!!!]