What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Is SBW even good anymore ? It’s all hype and he is way past his best. f**k him, let him rejoin the Roosters.

I didn't realise it was so long ago he played. The NRL is far tougher the UK.I am unsure how he is even going there. And the game itself has changed plenty. Most 2nd rowers these days play 80mins. They'd be taking Crodner or Crighton off

Glenneel

Bench
Milford, Croft and Boyd (signed as a fullback) have all played in grand finals.
Milford and Boyd are well past their use by date. Milford has done nothing since the first half of their gf and Boyd should have gone at least 2 years ago. Croft is a work in progress but with Siebold at helm I doubt he'll improve any time soon. They need at least 1 but probably 2 experienced spine players.

Noise

Coach
I didn't realise it was so long ago he played. The NRL is far tougher the UK.I am unsure how he is even going there. And the game itself has changed plenty. Most 2nd rowers these days play 80mins. They'd be taking Crodner or Crighton off
I reckon he might spend time in the middle as well as giving Crichton a rest, but he’s past it.

T.S Quint

Coach
Keary would be a legit million dollar player. Bulldogs would love to throw that sort of money at him to get him to their club, as would a few other teams as well.

I’d imagine the Roosters’ offer would still be quite high so it wouldn’t be like he will be crying poor, but it will be interesting to see how much he is going to sign for.

T.S Quint

Coach
Well I call bullshit.

Of course if Moses, Brown, Gutho etc all re-sign for unders then that would be totally legit.

Apparently Gutho already signed for unders...according to him anyway.
I think we have Moses for unders at the moment. He signed his contract after a season in which he was terrible and his team got the spoon. He’s been great ever since.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He can play in the middle, as can Crichton.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I think that's allowed.

What's not allowed is players who have already signed contracts, renegotiating their contracts to take pay cuts, so that they can stay (or they can facilitate a team mate of theirs to stay).

Still - I think the way the NRL handles contracts is farcical.

Eelementary

Post Whore
when kevin kingston wanted to take less to stay with the eels he couldn't

Different circumstances - Kevin Kingston, at the Eels, was on match payments, or something like that; his next contract would have to equal what he earned through match payments the previous year.

Or something like that. I find it confusing.

But yes - NRL contracts are ridiculous.

Oscarman

Juniors
The Kevin Kingston thing was bullshit. He was going to be on minimum wage but the NRL said that was not enough. Pricks.

Reading the 100 highest paid players, I would have to say we are on of the best run clubs player contract wise.

Incorrect

Coach
The Kevin Kingston thing was bullshit. He was going to be on minimum wage but the NRL said that was not enough. Pricks.

Reading the 100 highest paid players, I would have to say we are on of the best run clubs player contract wise.
I thought the issue wasn't so much that Kingston agreed to be on minimum wage, which was all we had left in the cap at the time, but more to do with the proposal that was put forward that the likes of Guru Jnr had offered to vary his contract to take less and use that money to top up Kingston... Guessing in hindsight Guru is probably happy the NRL vetoed that idea!!